F.I.R

Tota Aur Maina Discussions

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
From now on, please discuss the show Tota Aur Maina here and only here.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

H_Rockerz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Tota Weds Maina: Amit Mistry returns to the tube

TNN | Dec 9, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE The Bill|Tota Weds Maina|Kavita Kaushik|Amit Mistry
Tota Weds Maina: Amit Mistry returns to the tube
Kavita Kaushik and Amit Mistry
Amit Mistry, better known as Chirag of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, is returning to television after a long hiatus.

He will be seen playing Tota in a soon-to-be-launched show, Tota Weds Maina. The show revolves around the life of Tota, a small-town boy in UP. Kavita Kaushik, aka Chandramukhi Chautala of FIR, will play Maina.

It is an opposites-attract love story. So, what prompted Amit to take up the offer? He says, "This is a unique love story. I play a simple, honest and educated boy, who gets married to a vibrant, rule-breaking modern girl. The show is about how my family and I adjust to her."

Why was he away for a long time? He explains, "I wasn't getting the right kind of offers and was busy doing films and theatre." Amit has featured in films like Shor in the City and Yamla Pagla Deewana. He has also worked with Kavita in a movie titled Phillum City and shares a great equation with her.

He says, "Kavita is great co-star and a friend. I was very happy to know that she has been cast opposite me. She fits The Bill perfectly."

Anooj Kapoor, EVP and business head of the channel, says, "We try to explore different set-ups to understand and connect with our varied audience in a better way. The content on our channel is always progressive as well as funny, to bring in a sense of togetherness and provide entertainment."

Tota Weds Maina will launch soon on SAB TV.
dhinga1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Kavita tweeted that Pradeep Sarkar is shooting the promos for Tota weds Maina. I think that this is the same person as the director of Hindi movies Parineeta and Laga chunari mein daag. 
H_Rockerz thumbnail

Gaurav Gera back with 'Tota Weds Maina'

TNN Dec 20, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Tags:
  • Tota Weds Maina|
  • nandu|
  • Kavita Kaushik|
  • Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi|
  • Gaurav Gera|
  • entertainment
(Gaurav Gera )

Gaurav Gera, best remembered as Nandu of 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi', is back on the tube after a brief sabbatical with 'Tota Weds Maina'.

The show has FIR actress, Kavita Kaushik, playing the lead role of Maina. The series revolves around Gaurav's small town life in Uttar Pradesh (UP) and captures the rustic backdrop along with many local cultural elements of the place.

H_Rockerz thumbnail
Sify.com  /  Movies  /  Bollywood  /  Kavita turns funny, bubbly for Tota Weds Maina?
Mail
Print

Kavita turns funny, bubbly for Tota Weds Maina?

Source :
Last Updated: Tue, Nov 27, 2012 15:09 hrs

Television actress Kavita Kaushik, popularly known as Chandramukhi Chautala ofF.I.R., has been roped in to play the lead in yet another comedy.

According to the reports, the show is called Tota Weds Maina and it will be aired on SAB TV, which also shows F.I.R..

"Hi guys, okay who all wanna see me in a totally new, fresh, fun and sweet role... looking pretty doing absolutely hilarious romance?" Kavita tweeted.

"Yes that's the surprise, be ready totally bubbly and 'mastikhor' Maina coming your way," she posted.

The actress, who has been the part of television industry for over a decade, got her due with F.I.R. Her Haryanavi accent and great comic skills in the show won her both accolades and awards.

H_Rockerz thumbnail

Samta Sagar tries hand at comedy in 'Tota Weds Maina'

Posted by FilmiTown.com | December 12, 2012 | 0

-

She is known for her sweet and suave image that she has formed for herself on the small screen. Having played serious and simple characters till date, Samta Sagar, is for the very first time attempting a comedy character role in Miloni Pictures' latest upcoming show, "Tota Weds Maina" for 'SAB TV'.

Samta Sagar, last seen in "Chhoti Bahu", is latest entrant to join the long list of actors like, Amit Mistry, Kavita Kaushik and Surbhi Tiwari, for the show. Samta will essay the role of Amit Mistry's mother and mother-in-law of Kavita Kaushik, both of whom play the title roles of Tota and Maina respectively.

Samta is very much excited about getting to play a comedy character which will be an altogether a different experience for her. The show is about two persons, contrast in nature, coming together and living under one roof after their marriage. What follows will be a roller coaster ride for the viewers.

Minionite thumbnail
What is Gaurav's character?
H_Rockerz thumbnail
Hi guys
Kavita had posted  many pics in Twitter which earlier we thought was from FIR but it from Tota weds maina here it is-

1)https://twitter.com/i/#!/Iamkavitak/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FPxGbdFxR
2)https://twitter.com/i/#!/Iamkavitak/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2Fj8AO3eBZ
3)https://twitter.com/i/#!/Iamkavitak/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FzvdAaG6T
Edited by Himani_Rocks - 11 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
Hmm so is FIR ending then? ðŸ˜•