Book Talk

Karen Rose is amazing...:))

kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I just finished reading her book You can't hide, which is a Romantic Suspense. This book gave me shivers. It was awesome!! Some parts chilled me to bones..Perfect suspense, perfect romance, perfect connection between two individuals who each have their past, and she is so good with the emotional connection between two main characters. It is not just putting sex scenes in the middle of the suspense. And, trust me I have read books like that, but it didn't work for me. I need to see more depth in the characters. Karen Rose provided that. She is truly a master in the Romantic Suspense genre for me. I also love Eve Dallas series by J.D Robb. But, who doesn't like Nora Roberts?! You can't hide is just so unpredictable till the end, I was like I would never have expected that! But she is just too damn good to miss out on!! Trust me you will love it!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
ok u can read everything written by karen rose .. from her archaelogist with the detective .. to the lawyer with another detective and moving to her psychiatrist with another detective u l fall in love with all of the characters .. then was a time when in a month i read all of her books and none disappointed me from the intimacy to the suspense to the climax everything is wow and so differentt ...
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I actually haven't read anything by Karen Rose, but then again, I haven't read much of Nora Roberts either (shocking, I know). But for some reason, I tend to stay away from mainstream books and try to find the not-so-popular but good books. It's just a thing with me. Anyway, I'll add her books to my reading list.
kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: aishwaryagayen

ok u can read everything written by karen rose .. from her archaelogist with the detective .. to the lawyer with another detective and moving to her psychiatrist with another detective u l fall in love with all of the characters .. then was a time when in a month i read all of her books and none disappointed me from the intimacy to the suspense to the climax everything is wow and so differentt ...

I am planning to do that in my winter break, as I have all her books, but just didn't have time to read them. So, I am not surprised that you said all her books are awesome..:)..Thanks for the feedback!
kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

I actually haven't read anything by Karen Rose, but then again, I haven't read much of Nora Roberts either (shocking, I know). But for some reason, I tend to stay away from mainstream books and try to find the not-so-popular but good books. It's just a thing with me. Anyway, I'll add her books to my reading list.

Do add Karen Rose, she is amazing!! I can totally understand what you mean. Some of my friends haven't read Nora Roberts either, but you should especially her Eve Dallas Series, too!
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
frankly i myself too never read nora roberts though i heard she is awesum .. iam not into contempories
kshows_fangirl thumbnail
Originally posted by: aishwaryagayen

frankly i myself too never read nora roberts though i heard she is awesum .. iam not into contempories

Same here, but I only like Nora Robert's contemporaries. But I am more into Romantic Suspense. Karen Rose,Linda Howard, Maya Banks, Laura Griffin, Cynthia Eden, Julie Garwood, Pamela Clare, Cindy Gerard, to name the few have got me hooked to their respective RS novels.
aishwaryagayen thumbnail
dont forget anne stuart and christine feehan .. i love her drake sisters series .. romance .. suspense and magic ... allthe books wereapleasureto readi kinda fellin luvwith mysterious ilya parkensi ...and julie was myfavhehehe ...tht was onehellofa series
nandini27 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I've read only one book of Karen Rose. Don't Tell. All her books are romantic suspense I think. I loved her writing style and the emotions were really good between the characters. But for me it was so very much serious. Everything that happened had me on the edge. Of course I totally loved the suspense and the chills when things happened. But a little bit more of flirtations, funny stuffs would have been added elements. In spite of all that though, I would very much recommend her books to anyone. I've got some of her titles on my TBR list.

I love nora robert books. My fav would be Birthright. Her writing style is the simplest I've read. Even a kid can understand the writing and meaning. She has emotions too, but not to the extreme. Witty characters. They are always a pleasant read. Like watching a commercial movie which brings you a smile with the HEA ending. Her books can be counted as read anytime you want. Though I am not very fond of her paranormal books. I prefer to stick to her contemporaries. Few paranormal books are good.
kshows_fangirl thumbnail
@nandini27
Thank you for your feedback! I would definitely recommend you to read other Karen Rose's books. She keeps on getting better with each one. I personally love her characters and the depth that she has in her books. B/c I have read other RS novels too, but the feeling of satisfaction, and reading a book that was worth my time, I get from Karen Rose. Yes, one has to be able to read certain parts where it leaves the readers chilled to their bones. But, I guess in her books, that is required, b/c her plot is so much more intense, serious, at the same time, she balances the emotions, the passion of her main characters really well. I am just very satisfied after reading her books, and addicted to them. But, I would recommend other books too, as you must have seen in this post, if you are more bend towards Romantic Suspense. Personally, I only read Nora Robert's contemporaries. Other than hers, I don't read much of that genre. In death series by J.D. Robb is by Nora Roberts too. So, I have read most of hers too. I like her writing not to say her very lovable characters. But, if you are a RS fan, the I recommend reading Linda Howard, Laura Griffin, Anne Stuart(dark and has ruthless heroes), Cynthia Eden,Dee Davis, Christy Reece, Maya Banks, Pamela Clare, Beverly Barton, Mariah Stewart, Julie Garwood, Allison Brennan, Shiloh Walker, Suzanne Brockmann. Each one of them have their own style, and I have fallen in love with their respective RS novels. But, anyday, my list tops with Karen Rose, Linda Howard, Anne Stuart, and Laura Griffin.Thanks for replying to the post.
Edited by nikita59 - 11 years ago