News/Videos related to Housewife - No comments

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
This thread will only contain news and promo's related to Suhasi's new show. Please do not comment.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjPMyD2zK_0&list=UUVlkpP0plM3S0npC2rBxdAw&index=1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEeKShYEAHI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXJrcnabIaU[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Visha_Dhami - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VishaD. thumbnail

Article: Not Sushasi but Ragini Khana...

Suhasi Dhami and Ragini Khanna

The cute and adorable Suhasi Dhami is back again on Zee TV after Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli with the new show Biwi Hai Sab Jaanti Hai. The lead protagonist in the story happens to be a journalist earning big money. The story post her marriage will take a U-turn wherein she is forced to be a housewife, and is reduced to the rank of an 'unpaid servant'.

No doubt, Suhasi fits the bill pretty well. But was she the first choice to bag the role? The answer is 'No'… Well, inside sources tell us that Ragini Khanna, popularly known as Suhana of the trendsetter show on Star Plus, Sasural Genda Phool was initially finalized to essay the lead of Biwi Hai Sab Jaanti Hai. She had even signed her contract papers, and was about to shoot for the promo when things went wrong.

We hear that Ragini had slight date issues, due to which there was slight friction between the channel and production house. Eventually, the channel called for more options and in came Suhasi.

When contacted, Ragini Khanna confirmed this piece of news saying, "Yes, all was finalized and I had even signed on the dotted lines to play the lead in Gulshanji's show for Zee. However, a miscommunication changed the whole scenario. I would have loved to work with Gulshanji, as they have a very sweet team. Having said this, I believe that I was not destined to be part of the show."

On her probable return to TV, Ragini said, "Well, I am getting varied roles on a platter. It is high time now, and I have decided to take up something very soon."

We are indeed happy for Suhasi, but wish Ragini all the very best for her next.

VishaD. thumbnail

Parikshit Sahni in Gulshan Sachdeva's Biwi Hai Sab

Parikshit Sahni

Parikshit Sahni, the talented yesteryear actor will be back on television with Zee TV's upcoming show, to be produced by Gulshan Sachdeva titled Biwi Hai Sab Jaanti Hai. The first promo of the show is on air presently, and Suhasi Dhami and Anirudh Dave play the main leads.

Parikshit Sahni who was seen playing the role of Kakasa in Zee TV's successful show, Saath Phere returns to the channel with a prime role in the above said show. He plays the role of the elderly person in the lead boy's family. Himani Shivpuri essays the role of the head of the family who has raised her four sons as per her rules. Parikshit Sahni enacts the role of Himani's devar who is unmarried and treats her sister-in-law's sons as his family.

Biwi Hai Sab Jaanti Hai will take the place of Afsar Bitiya, and it is believed to launch in the last week of December 2012 or early January 2013.

VishaD. thumbnail

TOI: Suhasi to comeback

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Suhasi-to-make-a-comeback-with-Biwi-Hai-Sab-Jaanti-Hai/articleshow/17429095.cms

Actress Suhasi Dhami, popularly known as Swarnabha of Yahaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli (YMGGK), will soon be back on the small screen.

Her show, YMGGK, ended in July this year and the actress has already started shooting for her new show, which will also air on the same channel — Zee TV. 

The show (popularly called Gaziapur Ki Housewife by a certain section of the media) is titled Biwi Hai Sab Jaanti Hai, also featuresHimani Shivpuri and Aniruddh Dave. The story revolves around a dabang cop (played by Aniruddh) and a journalist (played by Suhasi) and how the two get married and Suhasi is asked to quit her job. The project is set against the backdrop of Uttar Pradesh. Suhasi didn't revert to our text message.

VishaD. thumbnail

ZEE TV: Suhasi Dhami returns as the 'Housewife'!

Suhasi Dhami

Tiffin for hubby.  Homework with the kids. Picking and dropping them off at school. Scolding the dhobi for late deliveries. Papa' s High BP pills on time. Bargaining with the grocer. Supervising the bai's work. Handling the Bank accounts. Maa ji's special diabetes food. She pulls off all this and more in a day … yet you think it's only you who deal with a "To-Do" list, deadlines and pressure because you go to office and she sits at home! Her tasks probably outnumber yours. But being a housewife is NOT a job, just because she doesn't bring home a paycheck?

It's time to give that notion a re-think! Waking viewers up to the fact that being a housewife is not just a respectable choice but a challenging job that calls for resourcefulness, creativity and tact is Zee TV's latest primetime show 'Housewife hai … Sab Jaanti Hai'. In fact, the show captures how housewives can teach even the world's biggest CEOs the art of multi-tasking! Set in Allahabad, the show features Sona, a journalist who consciously decides to leave her job and be a housewife on getting married. The show will explore how she applies her intelligence to being a smart housewife, plays her cards well and sets an otherwise dysfunctional family back on track!         

The show marks the exciting comeback of the beautiful Suhasi Dhami who shot to fame and ruled millions of hearts as Aabha in Zee TV's Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. Playing a feisty and spunky Sona will be quite a departure for the actress from her previous portrayal of the Rajshri-style idealistic beti. The veteran film and television actress Himani Shivpuri will be seen as her greedy, self-centered, dominating mother-in-law, ever brimming with snide remarks and sarcasm.   

Speaking of her new role, Suhasi said, "I am extremely glad to be back on Zee TV with my role of Sona in Housewife Hai … Sab Jaanti Hai. The very premise of the show excites me as I feel strongly about the subject. It's sad how a lot of people say – Oh, she doesn't do anything, she's a housewife! I find that statement ridiculous because people fail to realize the mountains most housewives move in the course of an average day. Households that run like well-oiled machinery will come to a standstill and families will fall apart if these hardworking women stop doing the job they do! Yet, they are constantly made to feel like they do not make a significant contribution. I am extremely glad to be a part of a show that highlights the dignity that exists in being a housewife and gives them their due respect."

The show is produced by Gulshan Sachdeva and will shortly premiere on Zee TV.   

http://cityairnews.com/content/zee-tv-suhasi-dhami-returns-%E2%80%98housewife%E2%80%99
VishaD. thumbnail

Anirrudh Dave to put on weight for a role

Anirrudh Dave had been maintaining a particular weight for a character he was essaying

Now that the show is over, he has got a new series in which he plays a cop. Normally, actors want to lose weight but Anirrudh wants to pile on for the look. He feels an actor loosing or gaining weight as per character requirement is nothing new.

VishaD. thumbnail

Edited by Visha_Dhami - 11 years ago
VishaD. thumbnail
Suhasi dons a 52 kgs ghagra for her TV show
Suhasi dons a 52 kgs ghagra for her TV show
Suhasi Dhammi

This is one shaadi Suhasi Dhami, who plays the protagonist Sona in Housewife hai... Sab Jaanti Hai, will remember better than her own wedding.

For a shaadi sequence in the show, which was shot recently, Dhami had to wear an elaborate ghagra that was almost heavier than the actress herself!

According to sources, four attendants were required during the shoot to help Dhami hold up the 52 kg lehnga so she could walk without losing her balance! Apparently, Suhasi's character is married off in an elaborate ceremony at the very onset on the show.

Gorgeous as she looked, Suhasi had to put in extra effort to retain her balance during scenes where she was required to walk. Says the petite actor, "It was quite a challenge to walk or even stand still in a costume as heavy as that lehnga. As a bride, there's so much more to focus on in terms of emotions — one has to smile coyly, giggle, be respectful and touch the feet of elders. I found it very difficult to balance myself. But I'm happy with the end result."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Suhasi-dons-a-52-kgs-ghagra-for-her-TV-show/articleshow/17617821.cms
VishaD. thumbnail

RM: Preeti Puri Choudhar in Houswife Hai Sab Janti Hai

After Suhasi Dhami and Aniruddh Dave, Film and Shots Productions have roped in Preeti Puri Choudary for their forthcoming show 'Housewife Hai.. Sab Jaanti Hai' on Zee TV. She was last seen on Star Plus's Teri Meri Love Stories.

When Preeti was contacted, she affirmed the news and briefed us about her character saying, 'Yes, im doing Zee's new show. I am playing the 2nd daughter-in-law of the family and my character's name is Renu. Besides being modern and stylish, Renu is also a working woman who earns a handsome salary. She believes in the rat race of the world and strives to get what she wants. But there are times when she fails to fulfil her desires. All in its a fun loving character'.

Preeti had earlier worked in Zee TV's show 'Shobha Somnath Ki' where she played the role of Maharani Gayatri. She has also acted in Manta and Naagin on Zee TV. 

http://rangmunch.tv/index.php/writers-gully/newsbar/item/2286-preeti-puri-choudhary-back-on-zee-tv
VishaD. thumbnail

Suhasi's Lehenga is heavier than her!

Suhasi Dhami

Suhasi Dhami who shot to fame and ruled millions of hearts as Aabha in Zee TV's Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli is back on the tube as Sona, the Housewife. Playing a feisty and spunky Sona in'Housewife hai … Sab Jaanti Hai' will be quite a departure for the actress from her previous portrayal of the Rajshri-style idealisticbeti.

'Housewife hai … Sab Jaanti Hai' is an attempt to wake viewers up to the fact that being a housewife is not just a respectable choice but a challenging job that calls for resourcefulness, creativity and tact is Zee TV's latest primetime show.The show has Suhasi's character Sona getting married right at the outset in an elaborate wedding ceremony. Recently, while shooting the shaadi sequence, sources reveal that her ornate lehenga was so heavy that four attendants were required throughout to hold it up such that she could walk without losing balance. Apparently, the intricate jewelry work on the lehenga and the rich materials used ensured that the lehenga was heavier than the actress herself! Gorgeous as she looked, Suhasi had to try extra-hard to retain her balance during takes where she was required to walk! Whew!!

Suhasi said, "It was quite a challenge to walk or even stand still in a costume as heavy as my lehenga for the shaadi sequence of 'Housewife Hai … Sab Jaanti Hai'. As a bride, there's so much to focus on in terms of emoting. One has to smile coyly, giggle, be respectful and touch so many people's feet. I found it very difficult to balance myself in the lehenga and yet perform flawlessly as an actress at the same time but I think the end result has shaped up very well!"

Suhasi continues about her new role, "I am extremely glad to be back on Zee TV with my role of Sona in Housewife Hai … Sab Jaanti Hai. The very premise of the show excites me as I feel strongly about the subject. It's sad how a lot of people say – Oh, she doesn't do anything, she's a housewife! I find that statement ridiculous because people fail to realize the mountains most housewives move in the course of an average day. Households that run like well-oiled machinery will come to a standstill and families will fall apart if these hardworking women stop doing the job they do! Yet, they are constantly made to feel like they do not make a significant contribution. I am extremely glad to be a part of a show that highlights how being a housewife is a respectable choice and there's dignity in it."