26-12

TB:All Indians can identify with 26-12: Mahinder S

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

TB: "All Indians can identify with 26-12": Mahinder Singh

Saturday, December 08, 2012 | 11:07:05 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)

Mahinder Singh who is brilliantly essaying the role of the brave cop Ranveer Rathore on 26-12 on Life OK speaks to tellybuzz about his role on the show….

How did you prepare for the role of Ranveer Rathore?

The writer Saurabh Shukla and the director Siddharth Sengupta have been instrumental in setting up this show. They greatly helped me to get into the skin of the character. They told me about brave personalities of the Mumbai Anti-Terrorist Squad like Hemant Karkare and the others who bravely fought for our country. I felt very emotional about the valiant cops who had sacrificed their lives for their country.

Please go on….

I am speechless when I think of heroes like Hemant Karkare, Tukaram Omble, Vijay Salaskar, Shashank Shinde, Sadanand Date etc. To them safeguarding their country came first; it was far more important than their families and personal problems. I am full of awe when I think of the dauntless martyrs who have sacrificed their lives for the country. India is proud to have heroes like these. We simply just can't repay what they have done for the nation.

How would you describe Ranveer?

Ranveer is a very ruthless and hard going police officer. He is somewhat impatient, for instance he may just go for a kill. He is determined about protecting his country. However there is an emotional side to him too which will be revealed later on the show.

I feel that 26-12 is attracting many male viewers too…

This show appeals to the young and the old, men and women both. All Indians can identify with 26-12. We should be united in the fight against terrorism so that these attacks aren't repeated in future. Just mourning the death of the innocent victims through candle marches isn't enough.

According to you how can Indian citizens fight against terrorism?

Sometimes we can prevent a terrorist attack by doing very simple things. For instance if you find a neighbour suspicious, you should report this to the police who will then do an enquiry. Also when you see a suspicious object you need to inform the authorities.

Do you think that 9pm is too early a slot for a mature show like 26-12? It doesn't have intimate scenes but the terrorism topic may not be appropriate for kids, it also has some violent scenes….

I disagree. In fact I think that 9pm is a great time slot for this show. This is peak prime time and the whole family should sit together before the TV and watch 26-12 as it has a very strong social message. There is violence on the show but it's minimal and underplayed. There may be far more violence being shown on news channels.

Should terrorists who kill many people be given the death sentence?

Absolutely, as the terrorists, have after all been ruthless. If they aren't giving the death sentence other terrorists will get the impression that they can just kill and get away with it. We should come down strongly with the message that if terrorists kill, the death penalty awaits them.

Reporter and Author: Pallavi Bhattacharya

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/13474-all-indians-can-identify-with-26-12-mahinder-singh.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumana-13 thumbnail
Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx for sharing dear.
Nice interview.
Like him as Ranveer Rathore.
Niceup thumbnail
Very nice interview... Thnx..
Shivaanya thumbnail
I never saw this one b4.Thanks u made a topic on it.Bt why this article is nt attached with Maninder's fanclub.I feel it will give extra points to his rank.Isnt it?
And we want video interview of Maninder.Can pls any1 help in this regard?
mana-maaneet thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hey... thx for sharing this ... randeep u rock!!!!!
Shivaanya thumbnail
Guy pls request in suggestion section or if uno the appropriate person to tagg this article in maninder FC.The one which is attached to FC isnt his.Its wrongly attached where as this one is the original one.If we comment on this pld article also it will help improving maminder rank.If u love him really then pls wake up and do it nw.