Debate Mansion

How would you deal with RAPE? Let's DEBATE

Posted: 11 years ago
This is a senstitive topic, but I have always wanted to post something like this and some of my topics have been well-received in this section.  ðŸ˜² The question I want to address is RAPE.  In most countries around the world, people are punished severely and labeled offenders in the community.  But if you were raped or know someone who has been victimized, would you take the law in your own hands or let the law take care of it?  Some people don't trust the law.  RAPE is very dark and some people never move on from it.  Please share your thoughts.  How WOULD you deal with RAPE if it happened to you or someone you love?  ðŸ˜” Edited by EroticGauravMad - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JulieD thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It depends I guess. If it happened to my child, I believe I would definitely take the law into my own hands.
If it happened to a friend, I would encourage them to report it to the police.
DebateManson thumbnail
If someone tried to rape me, I would break every bone in their body.

I someone raped someone I loved, I would find them and then break every bone in their body.
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I have no idea how I would react if I am raped. But if someone I love gets raped, I will do everything in my might to support them emotionally and to get the parasite that did it to em landed in prison for the rest of his life.

sweetsang thumbnail
Originally posted by: DebateManson

If someone tried to rape me, I would break every bone in their body.

I someone raped someone I loved, I would find them and then break every bone in their body.

Its easy to say then do...i have been a victim and unfortunately he was a far relative...i have posted an topic here  2 years back ..
 you know when victim tells that she thinks it was her fault .its true..

it wasnt my fault but yet i thought maybe i have done something that lead to this..
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
If it was somebody I was close to, I can't say for sure what I would do. I will definitely call the police, but it is very possible that I may take the law in my hands. The situation is something that can't be assessed analytically, as the emotional component can take over in such circumstances. So, frankly, I can't say for sure. And I hope I never have to be in such situation.
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sweetsang

Its easy to say then do...i have been a victim and unfortunately he was a far relative...i have posted an topic here  2 years back ..
 you know when victim tells that she thinks it was her fault .its true..

it wasnt my fault but yet i thought maybe i have done something that lead to this..

I am so sorry to hear this.  My condolences. Did you have the person caught and punished?
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't like the idea of taking the law into one's hand. But this is a situation that I cannot even imagine. I have no idea how I would react.

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well, this is one unfortunate incident that i wish noone ever encounter in their life, its abuse at its worst! 

But i understand the sensitivity and the shock attach to the incident can damage the psychological and emotional balance of the most rational and sane individual, so even before we talk about justice and law, i would try to work towards providing the counselling to the victim, let her come to terms with it and make her understand IT WAS AND CAN NEVER BE HER FAULT, regaining of the self-confidence becomes top priority and then for the abuser, personally i would love to drag him to the streets and bash the hell out of him but i will leave the course of action to be determined by the victim. Though i strongly feel we can never predict our own action in these circumstances, its too damaging!

IMO taking law into ones hand, unless it is self defense, is not right. Or else we all would be savages living in the cave. There is a reason why there is the court, fairness and justice etc. Sure those might not always work, but then try to change the rules and legislations and the process if you feel they are unfair instead of committing an unlawful act yourself.

Rape is horrible and as a man I can never completely put myself in such a situation, but still imo no matter how horrible the crime is, one ought not to take the law into their hands.

(Yes that's me writing it the third time hoping it will get posted now).