Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
That's why I put it as a "may", because it's nice to talk in theory and all, but I can't certainly predict what I will do in such a situation.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

That's why I put it as a "may", because it's nice to talk in theory and all, but I can't certainly predict what I will do in such a situation.

I might loose my sense of reason too I think. But imo practically that is what ought to be the case. One should not take the law into their hands or else the whole world would end in chaos. If there is a flaw with our system (which there is) better to fix that.

Edited by Beyond_the_Veil - 11 years ago
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beyond_the_Veil

I might loose my sense of reason too I think. But imo practically that is what ought to be the case. One should not take the law into their hands or else the whole world would end in chaos. If there is a flaw with our system (which there is) better to fix that.

I definitely agree, and I am not a person who loses his mind easily. But to say that I can't do such a thing with absolute certainty would be quite vain of me, especially because I have never been in such a strong situation before.

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

40% of women with disabilities have been raped.
 40% of women with disabilities have been assaulted or raped
 54% of boys who are deaf have been sexually abused
 50% of girls who are deaf have been sexually abused
 68% of psychiatric outpatients have been physically or sexually abused
 81% of psychiatric inpatients have been physically or sexually abused
 56% of those who were admitted to a hospital-based unit for people with intellectual disabilities received anti-psychotic drugs without a diagnosis of psychosis or related disorder
 41% of nurses and nurses aids in intermediate care facilities who were interviewed admitted to engaging in physical abuse of the people they care for

Studies indicate that people with developmental disabilities are four to ten times more likely to have acts of violence committed against them.

80% out of 162 people with developmental and substantial disabilities who had been sexually assaulted had been sexually assaulted more than once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_abuse_of_people_with_developmental_disabilities

Rape is a horrible crime...need strong Law and panishments to reduce these type of acts...reports says only 3% of alleged rapists are convicted... another fact, men who are accused of rape are rapist unless thy can prove they r not...and the false charge of rape is a powerful tool many women have used throughout history and there is little defence men can offer that will restore their reputations..
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I don't know what I would do were something of that effect to happen to me. I do know the psychological effects of something similar first hand, but not to that extent. I do have a friend who was once raped though, and I did try to convince her to tell her family about it so that some form of justice could be done, but in the world we live in, it is very unlikely that teens would ever tell their families these things. Frankly, had anyone done such a thing to one of my little cousins or someone who is like a child to me, I would be tempted to take the law into my own hands. However, I believe that prison is the best place for rapists, and sexual offenders. I think it is far better to let such a person be locked away for the rest of their life, and perhaps tortured by fellow inmates, than it is to take the law into your own hands. What sense would it make to destroy your life when you could do something more with it than kill someone like that? There won't be anything useful out of it because that person will die and be at rest until judgment time, while you or whoever it is that committed murder, will have that on your conscience knowing that it takes you away from your family and other loved ones but brings no peace of mind for any of them. So my point is, let the law handle it.
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I cannot imagine this situation even in my wildest dream. Its not easy to deal with it. Even if u take law in ur hand but u cant get out of the mental trauma. Kill the rapist or burn him alive but that would not bring any change in mental condition of victim. You cant give her normal life back.
sachinsharma20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweetsang

Its easy to say then do...i have been a victim and unfortunately he was a far relative...i have posted an topic here  2 years back ..
 you know when victim tells that she thinks it was her fault .its true..

it wasnt my fault but yet i thought maybe i have done something that lead to this..

Its very sad to hear this kind of answers..I can understand what situation would have elad this too...but if he did this forcefully or he emotionally blackmailed that he would tell some secret of your to your family if you dont let him do that thing...,,,then in these cases you can get him punished..you can file a case against him..I know its difficult for girls..but its a way to forget things and move ahead in life..

If something ever happened to my daughter I would become absolutely livid!!! I would become angry, shattered, throw things around, cry my tears out and then mourn my daughter's loss of innocense. I don't think I would take the law in my own hands but I would contact the police and get something done because justice needs to be prevailed. My daughter may want to quiet down everything because of shame but I wouldn't accept it. The rape wasn't her fault and the SOB who did it to her should be punished. I would support my daughter in every step of the way ignoring whatever the society thinks. Sometimes people, family and relatives can be very judgemental and blame the girl. I would break every contact with my family rather than giving up on my daughter because she's everything to me and more. Her life is far more valuable then people's opinions.

When it comes to myself I wouldn't say anything unless I get the right support. Being on your own and fight your case is damn difficult! It takes guts, patience and a lot of energy and after such incident you may not be the strongest person on earth. Rape leaves marks in your heart, soul and mind. Probably the biggest issue is shame and that can prevent a girl/woman from doing anything like talking to someone or contacting police. For some weird reason we girls find a way to blame ourselves for everything.

A few years ago one small incident happened in my marriage (I'm now divorced). It wasn't a big thing but it was enough to make me feel ashamed and disgusted with my self. Even today thinking about it makes me want to vomit (I have never uttered a word about it until now, kept it buried deep within but the Delhi rape kind of brought up some old memories). If that small incident in my marriage left me feeling like this imagine what it is for someone who went through far more worse...
sachinsharma20 thumbnail
I think this is the problem of our country..if something happens to my daughter, my sister, my friends then only I will do something..but if you don't care about whats happening to other girls then nobody will help you in your problems..moreover i would say this is the right time to show all your anger because if the culprits gets a brutal punishment, a deserving one which is equivalent to the pain the boy and girl received then nobody will dare to touch your daughter or somebody's sisters and friends or wife..
Problem.C thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hmm sounds like a simple solution yet
an unlawful one
i wouldn't shoot thoses SOB
No i shall only sin my soul nd be no less of wat he is
besides he doesn't desserve such a peaceful death