Happy Birthday Yuvraj Singh(Yuvi)

Posted: 11 years ago
Happy Birthday to YUVRAJ SINGH (A star of Indian Team)
A man with his awesome talent who made his place in Indian team as an All-Rounder..
He performed well in World Cup by taking most number of wickets,runs deserved a Man of the Tournament..

{{{imagealt}}}
Personal information
Born12 December 1980 (age 32)
Chandigarh, India
NicknameYuvi
Height6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Batting styleLeft-handed
Bowling styleSlow left arm orthodox
RoleBatting All-rounder
RelationsYograj Singh (father)
International information
National sideIndia
Test debut (cap 247)16 October 2003 v New Zealand
Last Test23 November 2012 v England
ODI debut (cap 134)3 October 2000 v Kenya
Last ODI2 April 2011 v Sri Lanka
Domestic team information
YearsTeam
1996–Punjab
2003Yorkshire
2008–2010Kings XI Punjab
2011Pune Warriors
Career statistics
CompetitionTestODIsFCList A
Matches40274104344
Runs scored1,9008,0516,5861,0236
Batting average33.9237.6244.5038.05
100s/50s3/1113/4919/3217/62
Top score169139209*172
Balls bowled9314,8322,4066,901
Wickets910926143
Bowling average60.7737.2453.0334.51
5 wickets in innings0111
10 wickets in match0000
Best bowling2/94/65/945/31
Catches/stumpings31/–84/–96/–106/–

Yuvraj Singh born on 12 December 1981 is an Indian cricketer, and the son of former Indian fast bowler andPunjabi movie star Yograj Singh. Yuvraj is a left-hand middle-order batsman and a slow left-arm orthodox bowler. He has been a member of the Indian cricket team in ODIs since 2000 and played his first Test match in 2003. He was the vice-captain of the ODI team from late-2007 to late-2008. At the 2007 World Twenty20, he famously hit six sixes in an over against England's Stuart Broad — a feat performed only three times previously in any form of senior cricket, and previously never in an international match between two Test cricket nations. He was named the Man of the Tournament in the 2011 Cricket World Cup and was one of the top performers at the 2007 World Twenty20, both of which India won.

In 2011, he was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor (stage-I) in his left lung and underwent chemotherapy treatment at the Cancer Research Institute in Boston, USA as well as Medicine Facilities in Indianapolis, Indiana. In March 2012, Yuvraj was discharged from hospital after completing the third and final cycle of chemotherapy and returned to India in April. He was conferred with Arjuna Award, India's second highest sporting award in the year 2012 by the President Pranab Mukherjee. He made his international comeback in a Twenty20 match in September against New Zealand shortly before the 2012 World Twenty20.

Early Years n Personal Life
Yuvraj Singh belongs to a Sikh Jat Family.Yuvraj Singh's parents are Yograj Singh and Shabnam Singh.Yuvraj has a brother, Zoravar singh.Yograj and Shabnam divorced years ago, with Yuvraj choosing to stay with his mother. Shabnam Singh was with her son Yuvraj during his diagnosis with a cancerous tumor (Stage-I) in his left lung in USA.

Comeback After Cancer Treatment
After his chemotherapy sessions treating seminoma in Indianapolis, Yuvraj's cancer showing full signs of remission, he aimed at resuming cricket at theWorld Twenty20.The selectors picked Yuvraj Singh to be a part of the 15-member Indian squad for the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka from September 18, 2012.
He made his comeback against New Zealand in a T20I at Chennai where he scored 34 off 26 balls (1 four, 2 sixes) as his side lost by only 1 run. He started his World Twenty20 campaign with a 3/24 against Afghanistan. He took 1/16 against Australia, 2/16 against Pakistan and a 2/23 against South Africa. He ended up being the highest wicket taker for India in the tournament, though he could not match up to the expectations with his bat.
He got selected to the Test series against England at home, and while preparing for test, he played a single Duleep Trophy match against Central Zone at Hyderabad where he scored 208 off 241 balls (33 fours and 3 sixes) before being caught and bowled by Murali Kartik. Then he also starred in a first class match against England as a member of India A cricket team, where he scored 59 (7 fours and 4 sixes), and took 5/94 at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai.

Style of Play

Yuvraj is primarily a left-handed batsman but can bowl part-time left-arm orthodox spin, which he improved in the latter part of his career. He is regarded as a better batsman against fast bowling than spin bowling, and cites the Indian Oil Cup 2005 as a turning point in his career.[24] Yuvraj is one of the athletic fielders in the Indian team, fielding primarily at point & covers with a good aim at the stumps. Yuvraj is a natural strokeplayer with an aggressive style of play, as seen by his strike rate of above 150 in T20 internationals & just below 90 in ODIs. Many regard him as one of the best clean strikers of the ball, with his trademark punch through the covers a treat to watch. When in good touch, he can clear the ropes quite effortlessly. A Cricinfo report published in late 2005 showed that since 1999, he was the fourth most prolific fielder in affecting ODIrun outs, and of those on the list of prolific fielders, he had the second highest rate of effecting a run out.[25] He was previously often characterised as having attitude problems,[26] but later often assumed leadership positions during Rahul Dravid's tenure as captain.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India nominated Yuvraj Singh for the Arjuna Award, after his man of the series performance in the 2011 World Cup.[27] Yuvraj's much awaited second innings after 10 month sabbatical was washed out by rain on 8th sep. However he made his entry on 11 September 2012 in the second and final T20 match of the series.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUVRAJ SINGH(YUVI)🥳

Keep Smiling always n Keep the Roar of Tiger going on
Yuvi we Love You

One day sky was crying.

I ask him why are you
crying today.

He told me i have lost my
beautiful star.

It was a day when you were born.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

JABTAK BALLA CHAL RAHA HAIN
TABTAK DHAR HAIN
I request Mods pls move this topic to Global Announcements
Post ur Wishes frnds...

Many Many Happy Returns of the Day,Yuvi:) 
Happy birthday to India's warrior prince :D

Love you Yuvi, my only fav and an inspiration to the entire world.

Thanks a ton for this thread :D
I couldn't open as my laptop is locked.
Happy Birthday Yuvi!!!!

WISH YOU A LONG LIFE AHEAD

Edited by mrins - 11 years ago
Happy birthday UV... 😊
May god bless u with a long life.. 😊
Yuvi's shots are more dangerous than UV rays 😛