Punar Vivah

DOTW : Envy Over Past

shubhika124 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

--Discussion Of The Week--

Prashanth during the Diwali special episode made a statement , 'A lady can never share her husband , be it with his dead wife too.'

How far is it true? Can a woman really be jealous of her husband's ex despite knowing the fact that it is the past & will never come back. Is it ok for a wife to ask her husband to stop loving or remembering his dear dead wife? Do people really move on?

This is the discussion of the week , Envying the past v/s digging the past.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priyasi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
I wont call it jealousy. And it cannot be even explained. A person can trust his/her wife/husband in this regard but when he/she remembers the latter too much, it is bound to create a feeling of uneasiness in the living one. 
It is definitely not wrong to remember your loved one but it is also not wrong for the other one to feel uneasy. I may not be able to explain it but yes, I know this is true. Because I have seen this. 
Its not about trust or mistrust, its just about a feeling of insecurity which you really dont have any control over. 
Its easy to say, 'why should one have problem with memories especially when the person is dead', but this heart is a little dumb when it comes to understand logics. 

I know, I didnt make any sense, but its a topic which is very complex. 

Edited by Priyasi - 11 years ago
Sakhile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
One may never forget one's past, however one may choose not to dwell on it. You choose how the past affects your present. The wise choose to learn from the past experiences and live in the present.
kriti07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I guess the past always casts a shadow on the present . 
Abby-GC-Crazy thumbnail
I believe.. moving on and forgetting your past are 2 different things...

I think even after remembering your past and cherishing it(if it's good), you can move on in life and start a fresh journey...

I feel every journey has its own beauty and lessons and so I don't think one can actually forget any journey but yea, one can definitely move on...

Regarding the show,
Well, I certainly believe that the first love cannot be forgotten but one can definitely move on from it and especially if its outcome is disastrous and saddening!
gcluv thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i feel , it's better not to mingle with past
it gives unnecessary pain 
-MishtyBlue- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
There is nothng bad in thinking about past...
Single Valued Point for Past,Present or Future is "Whatever haappend good save it in our memory!!!Whatever happened made u cry n fel bad...learn lesson from it n Move on!!!"
So thinking about the dead Partner is not a Crime or there is no use in the word Jealousy!!!!

gafulu14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
moving on and forgetting your past
-AarYaholic- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
It is not wrong if a person chooses to stay in his past as long as it doesn't affect his present...what stays with us are the memories, staying with them can never complicate one's life...I was totally with Yash when he was lost in his world, when he never gave Aarti a fraction to enter his teritory...Aarti too understood and accepted it!...
In Yash's case...I believe he has NOW gotten over his Arpita-ism after sub-consciously accepting Aarti as his wife, yes he did express it too

I feel Prashant is one confused being...he misconstrued Aarti's feelings for Arpita as Jealousy..the jealousy she might have felf when the same Prashant left her for Nida!

kmfan_2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Past is passed...You can't change it...It can't come now...so there is no threat whatsoever of "it" coming in the way of your "present state of being!" - Unless you allow it to - by thinking about it!

Envy over another's past is actually of no use...
In the context of the story, Aarti knew very well about Yash and his love for Arpita. She also knew  he would never be able to forget her. She accepted him only after being aware of this. So where is the question of envy. 

Prashant might have said what he did...but I think it is not difficult to move on with the present as that is the truth of the moment. Dwelling in the past is only going to kill the joys of the present.

If at all - one has to see what Yash will do when he gets to know of Aarti's past as it had truth that was hidden!