Guzaarish: Ch 7/Pg 11 - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by arhifandebi

What happened to your sister? Is everything fine? And you got 3 offers!!!??? Wow!! Congrats man...⭐️

Well...I got ill then got my sister in and now today I got ill again. It's like germs are manifesting in our house. 😆 Thank you! 😳
Originally posted by ZAHARA.

Well...I got ill then got my sister in and now today I got ill again. It's like germs are manifesting in our house. 😆 Thank you! 😳

Oh God!! You are sick as well? What's happened to you? Please do take good care of yourself and take proper medicines...😕
Chapter Three

Dear Diary, 
           Have you ever went past someone whether it was in a shop or out on the streets, and then meet them a few days, months, or years later? Maybe they were in the background of a photo you were in, or simply bumped into them and went along your respected ways? Just makes you think how many people you have been exposed to, how many times you were in the background of a photo. How many people even remember you?

"Er?" Raina struggled to think about what she should say. There she was standing in front of a woman who was possibly the same age as her Aunt, and Raina did not know what she should do. She managed to pull a smile that showed all her nervousness. The woman did look familiar, she knew that but she couldn't remember where she had seen her. 

"Raina! Remember me? I'm Fahmida." Raina shook her head slowly. She cursed herself under her breath. Of course, she couldn't remember. She hardly cared about anything other than what she should care about. "That time in the supermarket? I, er, I didn't have enough change and you helped me? In Birmingham?" 

That did it. She did remember that day. After all, who couldn't? She was dreading going back to the place where she hated the most. She couldn't ever get rid of the memory where she ran away from the place, and came to London. She was just a naive little girl then, thrown into the world of a deceitful marriage, but of course she escaped. In the last five years, she became successful; became a strong, confident woman but deep down, she was still that timid girl. Sure she was scared sometimes, but nothing scared her more than living a life where she was stuck between lies and deceit. That day, she went back but only on business calls. It was lucky that the area was well away from her previous home, her previous life, after all Birmingham was a pretty big city. She went to her meeting and came back to London, all under one day. Just one day, that scared her, confused her, dreading to meet people she knew. She didn't remember this woman, not until she mentioned that disastrous city.

"Y-Yes." The memory came rushing back: the stubborn shop assistant, the long queue, how she had gotten annoyed. "I remember." She smiled, this time genuinely. 

"I can't believe that I found you again. It's so strange, isn't it?" She smiled ecstatically before bringing her confused daughter forward. "This is my daughter, Faiza."

Faiza quickly deposited her phone in her pockets before smiling at Raina. "Hi, I can't believe that I've finally met the girl that was on my Amma's mind ever since we came back from Birmingham." She laughed. "I swear, anyone who helps my mum even once, she'll always remember it."

Raina laughed a little. "Well, I don't know what Fahmida Aunty.." She addressed her name slowly as to get approval from the elder woman. "has been saying but it was no big deal." 

The loud tannoy machine beeped as a male's voice was heard over the room. "Can the remaining passengers for Flight No. 286 to Paris, France make their way through, please? Flight will be leave in a few minutes, thank you."

Raina fiddled with her small side bag that she had brought before getting out her boarding pass. "I'm sorry, that's my flight."

"You're going to Paris?" Faiza blurted out. Raina stopped to listen to her. "How great is this? We were meant to be on that flight but there was some problems and older brother and his wife go on whilst me, Amma and Bhai are staying on till the next flight." She bit her lip, seeming to be upset. 

"Paris?" Raina said before fiddling through her bag again. Fahmida looked at her confused. She got out the three boarding passes that were supposed to be used for her colleagues before handing them to Fahmida. "I have spare passes, actually they were meant to be for my colleagues but they'll be getting the flight tomorrow. They would have gone to waste so you might as well use them."

Fahmida instantly shook her head. "No, no. We can't do this." She handed the passes back but Raina stopped her. 

"Seriously, I don't mind. Besides, I would be alone anyway and I might as well have you and Faiza with me." She smiled. 

Faiza gave her mother solemn eyes before Fahmida relented. "Okay, fine. If you insist then we'll get on." Fahmida placed her hand over Raina's. "Thank you." The younger woman nodded in appreciation. 

Faiza shrieked. "Thank you so much! Seriously you just saved our holiday! I'll quickly get bhai and tell him." 

Raina laughed lightly as Fahmida gave Faiza two boarding passes before leaving with Raina. 

After showing their passes to the security guard, Fahmida and Raina were set upon Emirates before walking towards the Business Class. Fahmida was overwhelmed with the amount of space there was as opposed to the general class. It was spacey, the seats were a comfortable leather, each with their own foot stool. There was even room for a miniature television screen fitted on the head of the seats whilst also room to tilt the seat back so that one can rest comfortably. Raina smiled as she walked down the aisle, other businessmen and women were already seated. 

"Seat 34A." Raina muttered before matching the seat number to that on her pass. "This is my seat." She glanced over Fahmida's. "Yours is Seat 34D." She pointed to the seat on the other side. There were two other seats on this row meaning that the passes that Faiza had linked to these numbers. 

"I think Faiza and my son may be seating in these." Fahmida replied, a bit dejected as the Air Hostess asked everyone to put their seat belts on.

"It's fine, I doubt they'll allow us to change seats now that the Plane is taking off. Besides where is Faiza?" Raina asked. 

Fahmida shrugged. "They must be coming." She stopped, looking at the entrance where Faiza and Rehaan hurriedly made their entrance.

Raina occupied herself by getting comfortable, and taking her laptop out of her bag in order to do some work. It was a lucky thing that Emirates had their own wi-fi for the passengers meaning she was able to finish off presentations and send a quick email to her Aminah Khala. 

"Khala, I'm on the plane now so my phone is switched off. Don't worry, I'm fine and I'll reach Paris in about one and a half hours. I'll call you when I arrive. Take Care." Finished typing, she clicked send before opening up the document to finish her presentation. 

Rehaan walked inside with Faiza, who began looking for her seat. He was slightly taken aback when Faiza had ran to find him before literally screaming out what had just happened to her and their mother. He was somewhat intrigued to learn about the girl who his mother had been taking about two months earlier, and the same girl who had given them her spare tickets. Due to Faiza's excessive talking, he didn't quite catch the girl's name. As they walked along the aisle, he noticed his mother at the far end before Faiza literally sprinted towards her. He smiled as Faiza sat besides her mother, as shown on the pass before matching his number to the seat opposite. 

He was surprised to see a girl there: his mother's look assured him that she was the same girl. She hadn't noticed that he was standing there, she was busy, intently thinking at what looked like a diagram. He could only see the side of her face, her face looking down at the laptop. He noticed how her hair seemed to be radiating, the colour almost shining. 

"Excuse me?" She stopped what she was doing and turned towards him. He looked into her eyes, the same brown hue. He looked at her, smiling. It was her. "Raina?"
Edited by ZAHARA. - 11 years ago
Waiting for this one to be updated!!! 
That was a Great part...👏... Fahmida is such a nice lady...She still remembers Raina for her small help...this time again Raina helped them out...That means she is going to become more fond of Raina...Ultimately Rehaan meets Raina for the first time till now in the story...⭐️.And he knows her!! ?? But how?? I guess I'll have to wait for the next part in order to know that... Please do continue soon Zahara...Loving this story of yours.❤️.. and thank you so much for the pm...😊
Wow!! Superb!!
Awesome update!! Loved it!!
Can't believe fahmida still remembers raina!!!
She is such a nice lady!!
Can't wait 4 the next update!!
Thanks 4 the pm!!
Originally posted by arhifandebi

That was a Great part...👏... Fahmida is such a nice lady...She still remembers Raina for her small help...this time again Raina helped them out...That means she is going to become more fond of Raina...Ultimately Rehaan meets Raina for the first time till now in the story...⭐️.And he knows her!! ?? But how?? I guess I'll have to wait for the next part in order to know that... Please do continue soon Zahara...Loving this story of yours.❤️.. and thank you so much for the pm...😊

Thank you so much D! Yes, Fahmida remembers Raina because of that small help. Rehaan had met her for the first time but he knows her. 😳 You'll find out soon. 
Originally posted by ZAHARA.

Thank you so much D! Yes, Fahmida remembers Raina because of that small help. Rehaan had met her for the first time but he knows her. 😳 You'll find out soon. 

So when are you going to update next...You know what I really can't wait...😃
I'll start writing. Give me about half an hour? :P
Chapter Four

Raina looked up to see a darked haired man look down on her. "Raina?" He questioned. She noticed the way his lips tilted into a smile, his dimples deep in his bestubbled cheeks. His dark eyes twinkled of happiness. She gasped, memories of them laughing, him consoling her came rushing back.

"Rehaan?" He was about to say something when an Air Hostess reminded him to fasten his seatbelt, as the plane would be away in under a minute. He hurriedly did as Faiza and Fahmida looked at him and Raina, confused.

"Wait, you too know each other?" Faiza was quick to reach the point as Fahmida edged over her seat on the far side to listen to the conversation.

Rehaan gave them a slight smile, "Yeah, we knew each other from college." 

Fahmida smiled. "What a coincidence, I can't believe the same girl that helped me, is the same girl that you went to college with."

"Right, Amma. If Rehaan Bhai did have any friends, then I'm glad that's it's Raina." Faiza laughed as she turned to her brother. "Well, Bhai, you're coolness has gone from here." She placed her hand in mid hair. "To here." Before moving it higher. 

Rehaan rolled his eyes. "Yeah well your coolness is still pretty much down here." He laughed indicating to his shoes. Faiza began to protest but was quietened down by her mother. A few minutes went by when Faiza became occupied by the Twilight film, occasionally fawning over Jacob Black whilst Rehaan turned around unable to watch his sister crush over someone who didn't know she existed. Fahmida, who couldn't bear the unusual silence had turned her television onto Star Plus and was quietly watching the latest episode of Saathiya. She gasped as the character, Gopi cried whilst getting angry over the lead's Aunt and her trickeries. 

Rehaan laughed a little as his family became occupied in their own world. He sighed, facing Raina who trying to immerse herself into her work but was unable to. She couldn't believe she is sitting next to the very same person who she used to know. Though she only knew him for a few months, and was not very close to him, she felt uneasy knowing that he came from the same past that she ran away from.

"So how many years has it been? Seven? Eight?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

Raina looked up from her laptop screen before replying, "Eight, I suppose. What - you're twenty-six, twenty-seven now?" She smiled, trying to make the situation feel less awkward. 

"Twenty-Seven." He smiled, again his eyes twinkling. She couldn't help but look into them before stopping, thinking that she was staring too much. She looked away, embarrassed. "Er, So..." He tried to think what to say. "How have you been? What have you been doing after College? How was University?" He said all at once.

She didn't know what to say. Though they were harmless questions, each had been linked to her past and she didn't want to talk about it. She had spent five years getting free, there was no way she was ever going to remember about him and what he did to her.

"Fine." She couldn't look into Rehaan's eyes. "You know the usual. You?" She wanted to get the attention off her.

"Well, got into University in London. Studied Medicine and now I'm a practising Doctor." He laughed lightly.

She nodded. She remembered that he had wanted to become a Doctor. He was two years older than her but had to stay back a year to get a higher grade, therefore technically he was in the Upper Year. They had both bonded over their love for English Literature, her wanting to study it further whilst he chose it as an extra subject alongside his three Sciences. He and his friend had helped her, and her peers. They were just acquaintances, not really friends. Just someone they knew.

"So, you live in London now, huh?" She asked. 

He nodded. "After coming to study here, I guess I got used to it. And then my brother got a job here and got married. We all decided it was better for everyone if we just move from Birmingham to London." Raina nodded slowly. "So what about you? Why are you in London?"

She stopped, not knowing what to say. She opened up her PowerPoint Document before starting to type, completely ignoring him. 

"Raina?" She sighed and stopped writing. She couldn't ignore him, not when he was sitting right besides her! She didn't want to tell him the truth, after all who was he to her, really?

"Urm, I moved here five years ago." She couldn't talk in front of his eyes. "I own part of Meera Fashion House so I handle the main domain from London."

"Five years ago? Weren't you meant to be at University then?" She bit her lip at his words. She was part angry, part upset: Why couldn't he just stay quiet?

"I left University." She replied quietly. He tried to reply back but stopped as she hurriedly dispersed herself from the world by mere headphones and looked intently at the screen. He sighed, knowing that even if he did speak she wouldn't hear him. He looked to his left where his mother and sister were still watching television before wondering what Ibrahim, Naila and the twins would be up to. He picked up his bag from the top bunk before taking out a book he was currently reading  Animal Farm by George Orwell. 

"Everyone please fasten your seat belts as the plane will be stopping in a few minutes." There was a slight hustle of noise as men and women alike grumbled from their seats, as they placed their belts over their body. Rehaan got up from his deep reading and did the same whilst glancing over at Raina. She was still listening to music, whilst working on her Business work. He smiled watching as she did. She was always a deep thinker: both smart but yet someone who liked to have a laugh. He remembered her always being optimistic even when she was down. He remembered the day when she had gotten her exam results for English Literature and how she wasn't really phased with her marks despite getting the highest in class. She was always someone who was mature, modest and always so happy. But this Raina? She was quiet, despite his attempts she didn't want to talk to him. He wondered what was wrong.

Raina stopped typing for a second before feeling someone stare at her, she turned around and asked Rehaan if everything was alright. He stopped, looking away before telling her that it was time to land and to fasten her seat belt. She muttered a thanks as she did. 

A few minutes later, the plane landed and they all stretched as they got up from their seats. Rehaan helped Faiza and Fahmida get their side bags as Raina helped herself. She quickly placed her laptop in it's bag before waiting to get out.

"So, finally we're in Paris!" Faiza squealed, trying to pronounce Paris with French accent. 

Raina smiled as they walked out. "Urm, so if you haven't found a Hotel or anywhere to stay then you should go to Hotel Du Lourve, It's linked to your boarding pass so you can stay there if you show them that." 

"Thanks, Raina. We'll meet up with my son and my daughter-in-law first and then we'll make a decision." Fahmida replied. Raina nodded before waving off and settling into a Taxi. Rehaan watched she went off, he said goodbye but she didn't hear him. 

"Have you informed Ibrahim, yet?" Fahmida asked Faiza.

"Bhaiya hasn't turned his phone on yet, I guess they're all going to come out this way." Faiza replied. "Oh look!" She pointed at the parents, holding their young children who were in awe of the unknown City. 

"Amma?" Ibrahim said, shocked. "What are you all doing here? I thought there were no seats left." 

Faiza giggled, picking up the young Humera before playing with her. "Actually," Rehaan was about to say when Hamza tugged on his trousers, begging to be picked up.

"Actually, you remember that girl I was talking about, the girl I met in Birmingham?" Fahmida said as Ibrahim and Faiza nodded. "Well, I met her not long after you two went. Turns out she had three extra spare passes as her colleagues weren't able to come. So she gave them to us."

"And guess what?!" Faiza shrieked with Humera giggling. "Raina, the girl, is Rehaan's bhai college friend!" 

Rehaan went red in the face as Ibrahim and Naila started to ask him questions. "Ah, we...we weren't really friends. We just knew each other." He said clearly. It was true of course, he hadn't really thought about her not until he met her just recently. If there was something that he couldn't get rid off, it was her difference in personality. She was no longer the happy-go-lucky girl and he wanted to know why.  

Faiza gave Humera back to her mother before turning her phone back on. Rehaan rolled his eyes as his sister immersed herself into the technology.

"So, Where are we going to stay?" Ibrahim asked. 

"Why don't we just stay in the Hotel that Raina told us about?" Faiza said, tilting her head up from her phone. She fiddled with the Internet browser looking for the very same Hotel before dropping her mouth into a gasp. "It's a five star? We totally have to stay there!" She jumped in delight as Fahmida shook her head.

"No, no. That's too much, we can't stay there."

"But Amma, come on. Raina did say that it's linked to our passes meaning that there are rooms available for us and it'll only be empty even if we don't go!" 

"But even if we go, what about Faiza, Ibrahim and the children?" Fahmida gave her a stern look as Faiza gave her a stubborn look.

Rehaan looked at his sister and couldn't help but disallow her. "We'll get them a room too, it's fine. After all, better to stay together right?" Faiza didn't wait for her mother's approval as she simply hugged her brother.

"Thank you Rehaan Bhaiyya!" She smiled, with excitement. Rehaan nodded, sure he wanted to make his sister smile but there was another reason: it would have meant that he would see Raina again. Fahmida sighed, relenting to her daughter's wishes before they made their way to the Hotel by Taxi.