Fan Fictions

Guzaarish: Ch 7/Pg 11 - Page 9

ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Chapter Seven

"Where is Rehaan?" Fahmida asked as Faiza was just about to sit down at the dinner table. They had decided to dine at the Hotel's own restaurant as the weather was just too poor for them to go out. 

Faiza shrugged. "I think he's still in his room. He was on the phone when I called him down. I think from work?" 

Fahmida huffed. "This boy! Always with his work." She shook her head. Hamza stood from his seat and waved his arms out, gesturing his grandmother to pick him up. Fahmida smiled as she picked the gleeful toddler who began to kick the edge of the table, messing the white table cloth. Humera, looking at her brother began to wriggle out of her mother's arms and tried to leap onto the table. Naila stopped her before she fell, scolding her to stop it. Hamza giggled before Ibrahim picked him off the table and sat him in his lap. 

"Amma, I'll go see where he is." Faiza replied. Raina made her way through the hall to where the Malik family were sat. Instantly, the children began to squeal as she emerged, getting excited on seeing new faces. "Raina! Hey!" Faiza exclaimed as Raina greeted them all. "Anyway, I'll be back." She said, leaving to find her brother.

"How are you Raina?" Fahmida asked as Ibrahim pulled his chair towards the other side so that Raina could sit next to Fahmida. "How was work?" 

"It was fine, Aunty." She replied. "And you all?"

"I ill!" Humera shouted out. 

"I ill as well!" Hamza said, pretending to cough. "But Chachu fixed us!"

Raina smiled at the toddlers. "These two are so naughty." Nailla laughed. "We were planning to go sightseeing but you know what it's like with the weather."

"Yeah, it seems like it's going to rain." Raina replied.

"Oh, I hope not. We were thinking about going to Disneyland Paris tomorrow." Naila replied, biting her lip in thought.

"Disneyland!" Humera shrieked as her mother shushed her.

"I wanna go too! Daddy? Can I go too, pwease?" Hamza asked his father, impatiently. 

"Everyone is going to go, okay?" Ibrahim replied laughing. A waiter came over placing two menus on the table. Ibrahim thanked him as Hamza snatched the leather covered menu and pretended to read.

Fahmida laughed. "You know, it's never a quiet moment with children. Especially children like these two." She said to Raina.

Raina nodded, admiring the way Naila caressed Humera's hair as she too began to inspect the menu. "I'll bet." 

"So, what are you doing tomorrow?" 

"Tomorrow?" Raina said. "Well, as soon as my colleagues that were meant to come yesterday arrive, we have a meeting with the people from Vogue. They were considering on using our clothes for their upcoming magazine issue so I have to sort that out." She replied nervously. 

"Wait, Vogue?" Naila asked, getting interested. Raina nodded. "Wow, that's pretty amazing. They're like one of the biggest Magazine companies out there. Just a word of advice..." She laughed lightly. "...just don't mention this to Faiza. That girl is seriously mad about these things."

Ibrahim and Fahmida laughed whilst the twins looked at each other confused. They, not wanting to be out of the action, started to laugh too. Raina smiled, nodding. 

"Bhai!" Faiza knocked on Rehaan's door loudly before groaning. "Bhai! Come on!"

Rehaan who was leaning his phone on his shoulder as he used his hands to open the door allowed Faiza in who stood in front, her hands on her hips. "Are you seriously still on there?" 

"Yeah. No that's fine. Okay, thanks for that. Yeah, our flight is on Thursday." He laughed. "I'll be at the Hospital on Friday. Sure, okay bye." He ended the call before looking at Faiza. "What?" He asked.

"We're on holiday! That means NO work calls." She frowned. 

He pushed her out of the room and locked his door, slipping the key into his pocket. "I know, I know. But it was an important call, you know there's a Arts convention next week at the hospital. I have to attend a meeting on Friday to prepare for it." He smiled, proudly. It was the sort of things he liked. A way to make children smile. So many times he had seen weak children get upset, not about their illness but about having to spend dreary days at the hospital. He had tried his hardest to make them laugh but even that was becoming difficult. A few weeks back he had called a local Arts society, who were talented in a range of different activities: dancing, singing, acting and painting. It was decided that they would attend the Hospital to give these children a day of happiness.

"Uff oh, Bhai! I swear you are just like Raina some times!" He turned his head at the mention of her name.

"Meaning?" He asked subtly.

Faiza rolled her eyes as they walked down the stairs. "You know, Raina is like a total work-a-holic! Whenever she does something, it's always about work." She laughed lightly. "But you know, she's sort of..." She struggled to think of the right word. "...strange."

He frowned wondering what Faiza was talking about. "Strange?"

She nodded. "I mean she's cool and all but I don't know. You know before, we were talking and it seemed like everything was alright and then I asked about her sister. I don't know what happened but she just ignored it and told me to get ready for dinner." He creased his forehead in thought. "I'm probably just thinking about it too much though. I mean, she did seem tired and probably didn't want to talk."

Rehaan nodded. "You probably annoyed her, just like you always do." He laughed as they entered the Restaurant hall. 

"Oh whatever!" She hurried off to the table leaving Rehaan trailing behind. He thought about her words, knowing full well that there was something troubling Raina. Was there something wrong with her sister? He wondered.

"There you both are!" Fahmida said as Faiza sat besides Naila, leaving Rehaan to sit besides Raina and Ibrahim. He and Faiza glanced at the menu before the waiter arrived to order their meals.

Within a few minutes, the loud twins had began to quieten down as they took their individual seats besides Ibrahim and Naila. A waiter brought over a metallic food carrier before placing the plates onto the table.

"Fish Parmienter." He served the dish to Fahmida, Ibrahim and Naila. "Pomme Frites, for the little 'uns." He placed the dish in front of Humera and Hamza who eyed it intensively. "Grilled Chicken." To Faiza. "And finalement, Pates Aux Legumes, or in order words, Vegetable Pasta to Sir and Madame." He gave to Rehaan and Raina before smiling and walking off. 

"Yuck, how can you eat pasta?" Faiza said, wriggling her nose. "I swear you both are the same." She bite into her chicken and started to chew.

Raina and Rehaan looked at each other at the same time before looking away in awkwardness. They slowly ate their food whilst the others were busy trying to make sure Humera and Hamza ate properly. Around them, many other families and people on holiday were enjoying the luxury of the Hotel. Though it was cold, there was a loud buzz as people indulged into their food, music being played softly in the background. 

"So, you're leaving on Thursday right? I mean, with us?" Ibrahim asked Raina.

She nodded. "Yeah, same flight." She gave them a smile as Ibrahim nodded understanding. 

"We seriously have to keep in contact though!" Faiza chirped. "I mean, bhai shouldn't be the only one to keep you." Rehaan coughed, quickly drinking a glass of water. He huffed quietly as the others started to make conversation.

"Absolutely, you have to come around to see us whenever you can." Fahmida agreed. Raina struggled to say anything before halting.

"Sure." She replied, trying not to look at anyone in particular. 

When everyone had finished eating, they all made their way to their respected rooms as it was getting late. Faiza yawned as she waved goodnight to her family and entered the room. She changed into her night clothes and leapt into the bed. Raina came in to see Faiza already sleeping. She smiled, knowing that she was probably tired. She got changed and cleansed herself before dimming the lights and getting into bed. She turned onto her right side, and tried to close her eyes. 

Memories of her sister came to mind. "Raina, Afaa!" Aafiya laughed. She was two years younger than Raina, and was completely naive. She rolled her eyes as she tried to push Raina, who was pretending to be asleep. "I know you're not really sleeping." They were ten and twelve, and loved to play around. "Afaa!" Aafiya's voice started to echo as the older Raina started to spurn in her sleep. She awoke, and rubbed her eyes.

She couldn't sleep. 

As usual.

She sighed, getting out of bed slowly as to not wake Faiza up. Wearing a black hoodie over her sleeveless top, she opened the door and walked out. She would always find herself doing this. Always going out to walk or read a book, anything to fall asleep even if it was for a while. She walked down the corridor to where there was a small midnight coffee bar open for the night. Ordering a strong cup of coffee, she sat down near a corner and started to sip, trying to stop herself from thinking about things that don't need to be remembered. She watched others laughing: couples drinking together as they talked. She closed her eyes, remembering about how she too was like this. Her and him. She would laugh at his lame jokes, even if she didn't feel like laughing. She only did it because he expected her to laugh. She was foolish to get into any sort of relationship with him, he was only ever abusing her trust. Again and again.

Rehaan woke up, completely free from tiredness. He sat up, and glanced at the clock. Just past two am. He wondered what to do, knowing that he wasn't able to go back to sleep again. He sighed, before thinking about the mini coffee bar that he had seen earlier. He wondered whether it was open. Rehaan got up and went down to where people were still lounging about. He ordered a cup of coffee before turning around to see Raina near the back. He watched her, holding her beverage and thinking deep into space. He walked over to her, who was totally oblivious that he was there.

"Hey." He said. "Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked. He smiled and sat down as soon as she nodded her head.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, after sipping.

"I could ask you the same." He smiled.

"I couldn't sleep." She looked away from when she said that. "You?" 

"I had too much sleep." He tried to make a joke before making a face. "Sorry, bad joke." 

She smiled. "It's okay."

"So can I know why you can't sleep?" He asked her. She looked at him, confused. "Sorry, I'm a Doctor so sometimes I..."

She laughed lightly at his nervousness. "So you feel like you have to take care of everyone even if they might not be ill?" 

"I didn't say that." He smirked. "But I suppose, it's something like that."

She smirked at his comment. "It's soo like that!"

"Hey, it's not my fault I like to practice medicine here and there." 

"Oh come on, you would practically sit there reading a big book this thick..." She gestured her fingers at least five centimetres wide. "..and not get bored." She pulled a face before laughing as she drank the last remaining drops of her coffee.

He gasped. "Like you haven't done that."

She shook her head. "Nope, never. I would never, never put myself through so much boredom. Yaaawn!" She pretended to yawn as he rolled his eyes, trying not to laugh.

"Oh and what about you Miss Fashionista?" She stifled a laugh. "When did you start wearing make up and dressing up and looking beautiful?" He bit his bottom lip as soon as he said the last line. He closed his eyes and hissed, groaning that he had said that to her face!

She began to laugh. He opened one eye and then the other to see her holding her stomach, giggling away. He looked down, blushing. "I...er...I should go." He tried not to look into her eyes. "It's getting late." He didn't wait for her response, instead got out of the seat and walked away, fast. 

Raina watched behind, smirking as he did. She couldn't believe that he had called her beautiful but the situation was so awkward that she couldn't help but laugh. She glanced at the clock and realised that it was nearly three. She began to yawn, feeling sleepy before throwing her finished coffee into the bin. She walked, smiling, her eyes glistening into her room. She slowly closed the door before getting into her bed.

That night, she had slept soundly for once. For the first time, she didn't wake up to her nightmares but to a peaceful dream.
Edited by ZAHARA. - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Enchantress thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey!!! 
So you updated!!! 
Thank you !!!

So, the family is going to go to Disney Land!!! Will Raina join them. If she does it will be fun. I hope she doesn't make a lame excuse saying she is busy. I want to see her enjoying , back to life. And i guess this family will get the real Raina out. 

What is with Raina's sister. And who is this him. Her Boyfriend. But, why is she so upset whenever it comes to think or talk of her sister. I m so curious. You know what i have so many wild guesses but i m keeping my mouth shut. You better unwrap  her past soon!!!

Rehaan, oh!!! He is so cute. So, he was actually embarrassed when he said she looked beautiful. How sweet. I love this couple. 

That night, she had slept soundly for once. For the first time, she didn't wake up to her nightmares but to a peaceful dream.

This is because of Rehaan!!! He is bringing change's. And this change is for her good. Hope Rehaan is able to know about her past soon and help her in some way.

Continue soon!!! 
(I changed my username was about to tell inform , you i thought you might not recognize me but you did!!!😊)

~Dee~
Edited by Enchantress - 11 years ago
ZAHARA. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Enchantress

Hey!!! 

So you updated!!! 
Thank you !!!

So, the family is going to go to Disney Land!!! Will Raina join them. If she does it will be fun. I hope she doesn't make a lame excuse saying she is busy. I want to see her enjoying , back to life. And i guess this family will get the real Raina out. 

What is with Raina's sister. And who is this him. Her Boyfriend. But, why is she so upset whenever it comes to think or talk of her sister. I m so curious. You know what i have so many wild guesses but i m keeping my mouth shut. You better unwrap  her past soon!!!

Rehaan, oh!!! He is so cute. So, he was actually embarrassed when he said she looked beautiful. How sweet. I love this couple. 

This is because of Rehaan!!! He is bringing change's. And this change is for her good. Hope Rehaan is able to know about her past soon and help her in some way.

Continue soon!!! 
(I changed my username was about to tell inform , you i thought you might not recognize me but you did!!!😊)

~Dee~

Deepika! Or should I say Enchantress? Haha, I recognised your display picture! I wasn't going to update but I came home so tired from college. Woke up late so had to rush to catch the bus. Had three hours of lessons then spent my lunch time doing work (I volunteer to look after primary school children πŸ˜³) then spent one hour doing English lesson then got excused from the next lesson to study for Psychology exam on Thursday. Spent an hour doing a practice exam - aced it! πŸ˜ƒ And then came home, really hungry but fell asleep. Woke up just to quickly type before mum made me eat. 

AAND Disney Land! Always wanted to visit there. Raina joining them? Remember she has a meeting that day. But you never know! And even if she doesn't go...don't worry there'll be something BIG coming up soon, hehehehehe. Remember it's a Monday and they leave on Thursday. Tuesday is Disney Land trip and Raina's Big meeting...who knows what happens after that? πŸ˜‰

Raina's sister is just Raina's sister. I'll let you on a little clue, it has nothing to do with whatever happened to Raina. Well yes, but she's a minor character in all this. it's like when something big happens and you have to leave everything even your loved ones. Yep, from the flashbacks Raina and Aafiya share a really good relationship. And this guy? Well...let's just say...something is cooking. After all, past meets present meets future? πŸ˜³

Hehehehe, Rehaan is bringing change but in his usual self! I suppose...from what I've wrote yes, he did have a crush on Raina but it wasn't a major crush...jsut something. He doesn't even know what. But like I said before, their romance isn't important. 

And as D (arhifandebi) said...their couple name is RehIna! :P
preetipc thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
First,I am sorry for commenting late.SOrry got a little distracted away because of birthday and other things that i ended up late reading chapter 3 to seven this late.Very sorry.Loved the updates.Sometimes we think we r all strong, we have moved on forgetting the past , but all we do is run away from the past .But we don't forget it, it always remains .Loved the bonding developing between Raina and fazia's family.Loved how raina remembers her sisters wen she talks with fazia. Loved the way Rehaan brings back some changes in her monotonous life, and loved how she fell in to sleep peacefully after many days  .The more we try to forget omething, sometimes the more we remember it .Loved the way the story is moving.I am worse when it comes to express me in words or comment in words as i find it hard to expressπŸ˜†πŸ˜†, but i love everything about this FF.Waiting for the next update.
ZAHARA. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-preetipc

First,I am sorry for commenting late.SOrry got a little distracted away because of birthday and other things that i ended up late reading chapter 3 to seven this late.Very sorry.Loved the updates.Sometimes we think we r all strong, we have moved on forgetting the past , but all we do is run away from the past .But we don't forget it, it always remains .Loved the bonding developing between Raina and fazia's family.Loved how raina remembers her sisters wen she talks with fazia. Loved the way Rehaan brings back some changes in her monotonous life, and loved how she fell in to sleep peacefully after many days  .The more we try to forget omething, sometimes the more we remember it .Loved the way the story is moving.I am worse when it comes to express me in words or comment in words as i find it hard to expressπŸ˜†πŸ˜†, but i love everything about this FF.Waiting for the next update.

Thank you! It's okay, I hardly PM anyone anymore about this FF. I'm too lazy! Haha...

.Sometimes we think we r all strong, we have moved on forgetting the past , but all we do is run away from the past

The more we try to forget omething, sometimes the more we remember it 

^

Beautiful words! 

Enchantress thumbnail
Point noted  "RehIna" .. Quite cool.. I like it.. M quite eagerly waiting for the next part !!!

And, you call me Deepika or Enchantress... Your wish. I was quite bored of my usual username.πŸ˜† Not that i dun like my name.πŸ€”πŸ˜‰ I love it. But, you know just for a change..  πŸ˜‰
ZAHARA. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-Enchantress

Point noted  "RehIna" .. Quite cool.. I like it.. M quite eagerly waiting for the next part !!!

And, you call me Deepika or Enchantress... Your wish. I was quite bored of my usual username.πŸ˜† Not that i dun like my name.πŸ€”πŸ˜‰ I love it. But, you know just for a change..  πŸ˜‰

Haha...RehIna Or RehNa. One and the same.

OOH,  Enchantress...I like. Mysterious. πŸ˜†
I understand!

I'll try to update soon but I have an exam tomorrow...my real psychology one πŸ˜•πŸ˜³
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
OMG! OMG! OMG!...

This is becoming more and more interesting resulting in me becoming a impatient soul! There's a unique touch about every character in this..be it Faiza, Rehaan, Raina..whoever! The story is incredibly marvelous!
Her past- it would be the end of me!

Their conversation (RehIna of course) is something new, they don't know much about each other but still there's something strange like vibes( geeh, I don't know how to explain it) πŸ˜³

You have got to update this!!!!!
TOTH? When is it goin to be updated hun? πŸ€”
Edited by ITrustMyHeart - 11 years ago
Enchantress thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-ZAHARA.

Haha...RehIna Or RehNa. One and the same.

OOH,  Enchantress...I like. Mysterious. πŸ˜†
I understand!

I'll try to update soon but I have an exam tomorrow...my real psychology one πŸ˜•πŸ˜³

Take your time.. Do not hurry it can wait !!! πŸ˜Š
ZAHARA. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-ITrustMyHeart

OMG! OMG! OMG!...

This is becoming more and more interesting resulting in me becoming a impatient soul! There's a unique touch about every character in this..be it Faiza, Rehaan, Raina..whoever! The story is incredibly marvelous!
Her past- it would be the end of me!

Their conversation (RehIna of course) is something new, they don't know much about each other but still there's something strange like vibes( geeh, I don't know how to explain it) πŸ˜³

You have got to update this!!!!!
TOTH? When is it goin to be updated hun? πŸ€”

Hey! Thank you so much! I tried hard to do justice to each character but it's quite hard as they're original characters. I will update this soon, and about TOTH well...I've just got to write a little bit more and then I'll update πŸ˜³