Ratan and Sampooran-Maker's POV...

Posted: 11 years ago
Hi all...
                I had thought of not saying anything more on this topic...but finally...seeing some extreme reactions...as a creative of the show...thought its finally time to clarify certain things...

First...Sampooran...everyone saying it's a lame excuse to get involved with someone...Yes...it is...because...Sampooran is real...He is not unreal as everybody wanted him to be...He dint have an unreal mahaan excuse to  get involved with a lady outside his marriage...Had we shown that...Sampooran mahaan bann jaata...and we never wanted to justify his act...We talk about seeing real people on screen...and then...when we present a man with his weakness...with his shortcomings...failures...emotional breakdowns...spur of the moment mistakes...we start saying...how can he do this...?Those who are saying how can he do this...either they dont understand what  a man is...or lying to themselves...Here is a man...who knew he did a mistake...He never said he wasn't  wrong..He always said he committed a crime...He always felt like that...Please refer to initial episodes also...where he tries to tell Ratan kin Ratan...mujhse ek bahut badi gallti hui hai...Sampooran in that letter has only told Ratan about his mistake...how and when it happened...under what circumstances...He is not at all saying ki i dint commit a crime...In fact...had he been thinking he is not wrong..he wouldn't have left (that's his second mistake...but that's not the topic) So yes...Sampooran dint have a biggg reason to commit that mistake...but as i said...we never wanted it to be big...We could have shown Amrita dyinhg out of cold...and to save her life Sampooran doing that...and that would ahve made Sampooran great...but we dint want to show a great man...We wanted to show a normal human being and there he is-Sampooran...

Now...coming to Ratan...again...mahaan...?Sorry...Ratan was never mahaan...and we dont intend to show her mahaan...Had that been the thought...she would have ran and picked up Veera at the first instance...That is your normal Soap queen...Please guys...spare a thought for the lady...She is an average woman...who ..when situation demands...picks up the tractor and goes to the fields to take care of her family...as most of the women would do for their family if need arises...She is a lady...who when came to know of her husband's one night stand...was broken...in shatters...as most of the ladies would do...Now...the big question...why did she forgive Sampooran...Understand Ratan's position to understand this...Lots of women...who have gone through a similar situation in life...ask them...have they all taken divorce...? Have they all separated...?Are they not living with the same man under the same roof...and after a while...tried to take the life forward...? Have they all kicked their hubby's out of their life...?Ratan is living under a fear...a fear of losing her husband for ever...someone whom she loved a lot...and she also knows...that he also loved her a lot (Please dont tell me that only guys who dont love their wives get into affairs...then your knowledge of a man is debatable) Ratan just wants to build her broken home again...and when we do that...we tend to take solace from the slightest of possibilities...We look for reasons...we tend to assure ourself k nahi...its ok...life has to move on...it wasn't like this...may be i over reacted...may be i should have given him/her a chance...Ratan has also repeatedly said...I know he has done mistake...because ander he ander wo yeh bhee jaanti hai ki Sampooran poori tereh nirdosh nahi hai...but...its a benefit of doubt she is ready to give to someone with whom she has spent 10 years of her life.,...and if...if we cant do that...then God save the relations...God save the families... This can be understood by people who have most someone precious in their lives...We never claimed Ratan to be a torch bearer for new age women...Ratan is a real woman with real weaknesses...real strengths...real emotions...real mistakes...

Debates would be plenty...some for...some against...Point is not that...we appreciate and welcome...This post i was compelled to write only because i was disheartened...ki ek teref hum baat karrte hain real characters ko dekhne ki...and when we try and portray that...reactions are such...Till when we would accuse makers of being dumb...?You really think we never explore the possibilities and try and do the best ...?

I dont think i have anything more to say...I also understand...people may have their view point on this also...i respect them...thats their understanding of life...i have written the show according to my limited understanding of life...

Keep watching...Baby Veera is coming to mesmerize...if you thought Ranvi is innocent...watch Veera...
Sir with all due respect...i hv to say...unfortunately most of us here CANT AGREE with u & ur team on this particular matter...as u said our POVs r vry vry different frm each other in this matter...lik u were disheartend seein our reaction..v were also very much disheartened & extremely disappointed with the tuesday epi events...its like a BIG FAT FALL OFF frm the HIGH STANDARDS this show had set up in prev epis...and thts wht made us react in thise xtreme manner...

But i guess with leap,all will move on frm this n look 4wd to RanVeera's relation...😊

I appreciate your gesture to clarify the maker's intentions...
First things first, you say that the excuse you showed is lame because Sampooran is real?...now everybody has a different perception of REAL...Real according to me is when you showed Ratan turn numb for days, not even caring for her childs needs,that to me was real...then you showed how girls are treated in villages with Baldev and Gunjan's side story...that again was very real for me...Sampooran not being able to cope with the guilt of Ratan's accusation of killing their own unborn child was real !...But Sampooran giving in to a terminally ill girl's last wish of experiencing 'it' followed by motherhood does not come across as real in any sense...

I am no critic as my limited knowledge of daily shows doesnt allow me to be one but as a mere viewer who had/still has faith in the creatives of a show that touched my heart with the beautiful depiction of an unusual story, this real reasoning does not sit well...Its not about showing every character mahaan, I strongly oppose that as well...I can understand that Ratan is trying to mend her broken relations and rebuild the family that was shattered but the way it was projected didnt connect with me...I literally cringed at her sudden change of heart, though she kept saying Sampooran has committed a huge mistake and that he isnt denying it...Perhaps your intention to show Ratan's need to put things right didnt surface as planned...It needed to be slightly more convincing...

If you are the writer Raghuvir Shekhawat, then I'm sure you remember saying 'its upto the viewers to either empathise or refuse to pardon him(Sampooran)' and its quite clear that we chose to go with the latter...

I agree that there will be debates and conflicting opinions and we obviously  trust  your sensibilities in opting for the best or else we wouldn't be here...but this reasoning  was indeed disappointing...We here at India-forums are only a minority when it comes to the large TRP audience(as many are from overseas)...the real verdict will be the numbers next week which will indicate how well the track was recieved...

Looking forward to junior Veera :)

cheers
-Hina

Edited by hinz - 11 years ago
if they had shown it as succumbing to lust it would have been more believable than having a one nite stand, with a woman you dont know, out of pity and  respect, seriously? 
appreciate your hardwork.nice show. about reality showing in show saw promo about baby veera coming if leap taking for 3/4 yrs as promo seems like tat,in reality when people of age ranvijay n veera shown  when veera grows ranvijay also grows until ranvijay has some medical problems & doesn't grow . how come ranvijay didn't grow with veera . we viewers understand technical & practical probs of the industry. but the way things (like ratan-sampooran-amrita fiasco) shown in the show are unconvincing to just pave way for ranvijay-veera story .
Edited by Savz_uniqueblis - 11 years ago
Like others I feel the same, I am just not satisfied with the reason for the one night stand.

Anyway I do love the show, and hope that this retains the innocence of Veera and it does not turn into a saas bahu drama, and please spare us the sacrificing tracks also.
sir we all respect ur work..
its work had lured so many many of us...
da thing jo apney reasons potray kiya dat how cum sampooran wo step leneko mazboor hua...wo humey digest nahi hue...
& as yuh said along wid da tym being new Veera iz cuming..
i jst hope show will be even more sucess...
most importantly...Sir hvnt u heard-jahan pyar hota hai wohi takraar hota hai..within a vry short span of time..v fans gt VERY MUCH ATTACHED to the show(vich itself is a BIG CREDIT to u all)...so its VERY NATURAL for us to EXPECT AWESOME frm the show when we were gettin so many fantabulous epis back to back rite frm the beginnin evn without our expectations...so when tue epi ke "unbelivable shocking" events happend...V JUST CUDN TOLERATE it...n thts d reason for the such high outbursts...

can jst say aap log sahi ho apne place mein and hum viewers bhi sahi hai apne place mein...so lets jst end this matter here & move on..😊
true niku..
humey thora reason unjustifiable jaisa laga coz we care foe our show..
so we are jst discuusing ..nt a big deal!!!
Thank you very much for clarifying the creatives' POV. But I, like every viewer here in this forum, am quite disappointed with Sampooran's excuse to sleep with Amrita. He gave in to the wishes of a dying woman whom he hardly knows. To me, this is quite unreal. Had you guys shown that unknowingly Sampooran became intimate with Amrita while consoling her, I would had considered it real. But this is IMO weird.
Anyway, such minor flaws can be easily overlooked since the overall concept and feel of the show have been so far brilliant. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the leap. 👍🏼

Cheers,
Namrata