Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks Ashu, Tanmi & Anshi for sharing all the updates...
Guggu_Minty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Slice of reality

Director Abhishek Kapoor talks about his forthcoming film Kai Po Che and says that it reflects middle class India and  their dreams 
He took some time to find his ground in Bollywood. His directorial debut Aryan (in 2006) failed to please the movie buffs, but his second film Rock On, brought director Abhishek Kapoor the desired success. Kapoor's next venture Kai Po Che is all set to release in February. The movie is an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's Three Mistakes of My Life and presents the middle class India. "Rock On was also based on friendship but that was a film which reflected the urban culture and society. Kai Po Che is all about middle class India. The movie talks about the dreams, aspirations and the passion of three friends," shares the director who was recently in the city to promote the film.

The director chose the novel "as it offers a glimpse of real India. Also, if you have read the novel you would agree that it has many cinematic elements. The way the friendship of the three main characters in the story is presented, is commendable. The relationships remain to be the focal point of the movie."

Abhishek says that along with the story, he pay special attention to the characters in the film. "The characters in the film are the medium to connect with the audience. So they should be presented in a way and through a story that people can relate to them easily. In my films, I have always tried to present some real life situations," adds the director who deliberately chose actors like Sushant Singh Rajput, Rajkumar Yadav and Amit Sadd for the film. All of them are known faces on TV. 
"When I made Rock On, even Farhan was a new face and he did justice to the character that he played on screen. I do not believe that we need stars to make film a hit. We need actors who can transform themselves to the character that they play on screen. It was a good idea to cast actors like Sushant, Rajkumar and Amit, who are popular among the masses and do not come with certain predictability. They suit the screenplay and while working with them I got an opportunity to focus on the content of the film," he adds.

The director says that he does not believe in making only "specific kind" of films that can be easily classified as Bollywood masala films. He would rather go with the film that appeals to the Indian youth. "I think the films should reflect a part of the society that we live in today. Films have to be entertaining but apart from being entertaining they should be relevant to the youth. Rather than Bollywood films, we need Indian films," he says and adds that over time Indian audience has matured and they want to see films being made on different subjects. "There is a room for every kind of film today. People want variety and they are open to experiments, but the experiments should be in such a way that the appeal of the film is not lost. For an example, Kai Po Che is completely youth-oriented and it touches upon subjects like politics, but the film is entertaining," he adds. It was recently reported that after Kai Po Che, Abhishek will be working on a film with Ekta Kapoor and Farhan will be playing the lead in the same. "It is too early to talk about the film, it's still in its initial stages," he concludes.

Credits for the following article: Anshi

'Mix is in'

Thursday, 27 December 2012 23:42 pioneer

Screenwriter and director Habib Faisal feels that Bollywood is going through its best times and there's room for more experiments

Considering the developments that Bollywood witnessed in 2012, it can be said that a lot of positive stuff will be happening in the forthcoming year. Bollywood is no more about the commercial films alone. Apart from the mainstream blockbusters we have had hits like Kahaani, Paan Singh Tomar and Vicky Donor. They were away from the tried and tested formula, yet they managed to make a mark and fair well at box office.

Success of such films has given the production houses confidence that it is not just one kind of films that can guarantee them good profits. They are coming forward and investing money in films based on interesting subjects and themes. Since the producers are open to put in their money and we have a young pool of directors, who believe in making films that are based on issues and subjects relevant to our society, we can see more experiments and good stories reaching the audience.

In the last few years, there has been a major focus on the storytelling in films. It is more real and packaged in an interesting way. The genres remain to be the same, like thrillers, drama and rom-coms, but there has been a twist to these genres. For example, Band Baaja Baaraat, the film was a romantic comedy, but we never saw the hero dancing around the trees or proposing to her in a poetic way. They spoke in the language that today's youngsters can relate to and the drama appeared very much real on screen. Kahaani can be another example. The film was suspense, thriller and drama as well and it also brought forward an important issue. So there is an interesting amalgamation of genres happening. On one hand where we will continue to have masala flicks and formula blockbusters, we will definitely have more of experimental films since the audience has had a taste of it. So it is the time where we have room for every kind of movie.

Earlier the films that were being made targeted the urban audience and thought that their real business comes from the multiplexes. Now we all realise that single screen theatres play an important role and it is extremely important to have a product that not only caters to the niche audience but also to the viewers in small towns and cities.

Our films are depicting the Indian heartlands, are desi in their language and talk about issues from different regions. Gangs of Wasseypur is the biggest example. The regional flavour is in and it appeals to the urban class. Earlier, directors and producers thought that it is only big names that can make a film a hit. Thankfully, people are opening up to the fact that we have fresh talent, who look forward to work on different scripts. They might not be the superstars, but they have the capability to do justice to the script and the character. Abhishek Kapoor is making a film with three young actors.

To conclude, I would say that it will be an interesting time for Bollywood where me and my peers have the freedom to experiment. We are thrilled to watch a film like Kahaani and when we watch it we do not think of coming up with next Kahaani but with a film which is equally stunning. I am looking forward to watch Bhaag Milkha Bhaag and Kai Po Che."

As told to Divya Kaushik

Who is the strongest of them all?

Dec 28, 2012 - Joginder Tuteja

They are Bollywood's new Ranbir-Imran. Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor are battling for a position in B'town much like their seniors did five years ago. After a strong start with Band Baaja Baaraat and Ishaqzaade, the two are headed for a supremacy battle in 2013.

"They are the hottest rivals amongst the youngsters today", says an industry expert adding, "Ranveer made a very good debut with Band Baaja... while Arjun scored a bonafide hit with Ishaqzaade. Their choice of films over the next 12 months will decide whether the industry will get its next set of stars."
For now, Ranveer has Vikramaditya Motwane's Lootera and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Ram Leela while Arjun has YRF's Aurangzeb and Karan Johar's Two States. The two have also started shooting together for Gunday, which has the backing of their common mentor, Adi Chopra.
"With such huge names involved, the pressure is high and comparison, unavoidable. Though the Chopras gave them a launch-pad, the fact that other bigwigs are investing in them shows the confidence they have in their star abilities," adds our source.
"Other contenders include Ayushmann Khurrana and Sushant Singh Rajput. If Ranveer and Arjun have to get into the league of a Ranbir Kapoor or an Imran Khan, they have to start delivering and that too at a rapid pace," adds a trade guru.

Edited by AshuNaik - 11 years ago
Sahana- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
😊 Thanks Ashu..
Like us every one  seem to be excited  for Kai po Che..

Ashwin_Hegde thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
sush looking supecutee in the pic 😊
Guggu_Minty thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Kai Po Che snips screen time

Rika Aash : Mumbai, Fri Dec 28 2012, 11:43 hrs

Abhishek Kapoor launched the first look of the film

At the theatrical trailer launch of Abhishek Kapoor's film Kai Po Che, based on Chetan Bhagat's novel 3 Mistakes of My Life, producer Ronnie Screwvala of UTV revealed that the film's runtime is going to be below two hours. He also stated that two hours runtime will assure film invitations from different festivals. Not only the producer, but director Abhishek Kapoor and the debutant Sushant Singh Rajput, Amit Sadh and Amrita Puri were also present at the event. Kai Po Che is a story about three friends and to make the event memorable, director Abhishek Kapoor invited his three best friends Hrithik Roshan, Arjun Rampal and Sohail Khan to unveil the theatrical trailer. Chetan Bhagat, who also partly scripted the film, was also present at the event. The trailer was interesting and had a youthful appeal to it. Based in Gujarat, the promo establishes the bonding between three friends against the backdrop of political unrest in the state. Arjun Rampal added, "I have already seen the movie and loved it. Film carries a very honest and beautiful message." Khan too appreciated the trailer and said, "Gattu (Abhishek Kapoor) had the guts to make the movie with newcomers." Kapoor was steadfast about wanting his film to have newcomers, and not stars. "Abhishek was clear right from day one about the casting. He wanted fresh faces, who also were good actors," informs Screwvala. Bhagat, who wrote the book, believed that the story was one of the most difficult stories to be made into films. "I believe the trailer says it all. It has a soul. After contributing to the screenplay of the film, I can say movie is better than the book," says Chetan. When asked if they were vying for the '100 crore film, Screwvala dismissed it, "I don't believe in 100 crore benchmark. It's just a hype created by media, for the media." Kai Po Che will be releasing worldwide on February 22 across 40 countries.

Making the cut

Many films that released this year chose to skip the standard three-hour Hindi film format :

Shanghai

Director: Dibakar Banerjee

Runtime: 120 minutes

English Vinglish

Director: Gauri Shinde

Runtime: 133 minutes

Joker

Director: Shirish Kunder

Runtime: 105 minutes

Paan Singh Tomar

Director: Tigmanshu Dhulia

Runtime: 135 minutes

Vicky Donor

Director: Shoojit Sircar

Runtime: 125 minutes

Kahaani

Director: Sujoy Ghosh

Runtime: 122 minutes

Ishaqzaade

Director: Habib Faisal

Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi

Director: Bela Sehgal

Edited by AshuNaik - 11 years ago
Timepassss thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: AshuNaik

Credits: Anshi
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=XI7NJKe8AU8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXI7NJKe8AU8%26sns%3Dfb&gl=GB[/YOUTUBE]

thnks ashu  !    a bit diff  int.  overall     !    qns were a bit interesting  tho the boys need to improve on the answering!!    n manav remembered  !    yes!!    afterall the character reigned the tv world once!

Timepassss thumbnail
thnks for all the arts.  ashu  n anshi  

thnks tanmi for sharing!!
Edited by fansush - 11 years ago
Timepassss thumbnail
Originally posted by: AshuNaik

Courtesy Anshi

Looking Ahead

Parineeti Chopra, Actor
Really looking forward to Kai Po Che, Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani, Gunday and Dhoom 3.

like!    we waiting too!
suan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ashu,
Thanks to you and Anshi for the articles.
Like Abhishek, I too love substance, whether it be a movie, song, poem, or novel.
That's why I know I'll love KPC.
It will give me something to think about and it will be different.
-monica- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome trailer...😊
Sushant has done a really great job. he looks awesome.👍🏼
The music and the trailer song is great.

Ruthe khwabon ko mana lenge
Kati patangon ko thamenge
Hohoho hain jazba...
Hohoho hain jazba...
Suljha lenge uljhe rishton ka manjha
Ha manjha...ha manjha...