Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Alamelu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Are we going to start having more of these moments now?? Are they comfortable with each other enough to sleep like this all the time?? Will this happen only after the final confession from Yash (after the truth is revealed)??? Is this not something a wife craves for especially when pregnant??? Will yash grant her these??? Would love to know what you all think.

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: InduG64

@Anonee: When in a joint family, that's not voyeurism of any kind...that's just lighthearted fun. I can tell you N number of stories of a suhaag raat where the couples were embarrassed by a hidden family member (one of my aunts had hid under the bed on her own sister's SR...and that too when she was eight months pregnant😉). In my case, my nanad and sis-in-law had hid in the balcony, the door to which was through our room...Of course, my husband was already onto them and threatened to lock them outside for the whole night if they didn't apologize by holding ears😆...What I am saying is what Vidhi and Pari were doing had no ulterior motives other than plain curiosity and fun...

@Indu - I understand where you are coming from - and this is precisely the reason that I never previously commented on her deliberate interruptions of AarYa moments - when the appropriate response would have been for her to quietly slip by while they were enjoying a rare moment of intimacy.  The word 'rare' is in bold because AarYa marital life has been so stress ridden that interrupting of those precious moments meant (from my POV)  nipping in the bud their growing intimacy with each other.  Vidhi was like the relatives you spoke of (and as was shown in the SR scenario) making their presence known - or that they had played a trick.  In other words - the AarYa or the concerned relative (in your example) were not unaware that they were being spied on (Note: I did not call this voyeurism).

However what I saw on display in Friday's episode was a disposition - for vicarious pleasure!  Their initial bantering with Aarti in the bedroom fell within the compass of "Suhaag Raat fun" as you put it but later pressing their ears against the door to overhear AarYa conversation and clues re: their activity appeared to me an undesirable disposition.  It bespoke vicarious pleasure because AarYa were totally unaware of their eavesdropping and neither Vidhi nor Pari had any intention of making their presence known.  Their unwillingness to disclose their presence to AarYa - tips the description of their behavior from "Suhaag Raat fun" to "vicarious pleasure" in my POV based on the psychologial usage of the term voyeurism.  In fact this is precisely why I differentiated Aman's behavior too from those of Pari and Vidhi. 

So, my classifying their behavior as voyeurism is based on observation or portrayal of the 2 characters by the CVs - whereas my reasoning that this behavior trait was a result of loneliness and fear was purely speculative.
Edited by anonee - 11 years ago
lulujjjj thumbnail
Well PV is one the unique show  with a social message to the mass as a whole, my question is, Is it necessary to show the happiness between the brothers bonding by sitting together and having beer or alcoholic drinks?

The word alcohol is derived from the Arabic word al-kohl, which means fermented grains, fruits, or sugars that form an intoxicating beverage when fermented.

The Prophet Muhammad said:

"If a large amount of anything causes intoxication, a small amount of it is also prohibited." [Narrated by the Companion, Jaabir, and recorded in the collections of Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud & Ibn Majah]

what message are they giving one of the worst  evil that prevails in the society is alcoholism which is spoiling the young girls and boys alike, the regular day to day life is mainly influenced by the periodical media such as radio, newspapers , satellite television channels etc.when you read its retention power is 10% , when you see the retention power is 20% , when you hear, see, and understand then the retention power is 50% therefore periodical media has more influence and impact on daily basis on the mass as well. At one side they are trying to clear the misconception about remarriage in the society on the other hand  they show gambling , alcoholism, isn't that more families are destroyed by these evil consequences , even in hindi or tamil old films drunkards and gamblers were looked upon low as an animal in the society among human beings, making yash drunk so he could  confess his love to his wife , ok for instance a newly wed couple a young man wants to confess his love to his wife wont he too utilize the idea of getting drunk so he would be able to do so.

Aarti says yash is Mr.sharmile  on  thursday  episode,   but actually most  girls don't  like the person who is shy about woman, they want the guy to be more confident and be frank with the woman around them, and this is  one of  the reasons where woman fail to recognize good men and reject them who are unable to get married and remain single many of our sisters and daughters out there face the loneliness and they should not live in loneliness so think hard look within and most importantly humble yourselves  before you reject.

The Shyness---- sharam , Haya

Haya comes from the route word hayat which means life in arabic, urdu, hindi as well. In English it may be translated as  modesty, shyness,shame, and  bashfulness.  Haya could be classified into two categories Good and bad.There is a difference between good and bad hayaa,  hayaa is one of the main branches of Islamic faith.

Abdulla ibn umar (ra) narrated that Prophet Muhammad (Saw) said :
Indeed shyness and faith are companions, when one of them is lifted
the other leaves as well (Baihaqi)

Good haya  is God consciousness is that he is watching and to forbid ourselves from wrong doing, how a person tries to avoid committing a sin or at least feels ashamed to make a sin that is Prohibited by the Almighty Allah and his Messenger this is positive haya towards GOD,
another type of hayaa is that of social aspect concerning others with ones relationship with the family for example as a son  he doesn't want to do which displeases his mother  or to his wife or as his respect towards his siblings and the blood relatives. the last is the
believers shy about themselves even if they see, say or do anything wrong even it may be tiniest sin , they feel more embarrassed and guilt in their heart, this is the highest rank in their faith and being God conscious of what they do.

Bad hayaa or negative hayaa comes from lack of communication, low self esteem causing the shy person to be introverted and isolated.
this type of shyness cannot be encouraged and it would cause damage to the society and his family.

If shyness is beautiful in a man, it is more beautiful in woman.
if it virtuous in a man , it is even more virtuous in a woman as it only
increases in her elegance.

Narrated on the authority of Anas bin Malik, the Prophet (saw) said: When lewdness is a part of anything, it becomes defective; and when haya is a part of anything it becomes beautiful. (Tirmidhi)

The Perspective of Islam and Christianity

Proverbs 31: 6-7 "" Give intoxicating liquor, you people, to the one about to perish, and wine to those who are bitter of soul . Let one drink and forget one's poverty, and let one remember one's own trouble no more.""

Genesis 9:21-22 "" And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without.""

Genesis 9:24 "" And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.""

Genesis 19:32 "" Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.""

Numbers 6:20 "" And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD: this is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and heave shoulder: and after that the Nazarite may drink wine.""

Numbers 28:7 "" And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering.""

The Holy Quran, 5:90-91 "You who believe! Intoxicants and Gambling, all are an abomination of Satan's handiwork. Eschew such abomination, that you may prosper. Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of God, and from prayer; will you not then abstain?"

The Holy Quran, 2.219 "They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah Make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider."

It is mentioned in

i.        Manu Smriti Chapter 9, verse 235:      

"A priest-killer, a liquor drinker, a thief and a violator of his guru's marriage bed - all of these, and each separately, should be known as men who committed major crime." (Manu Smriti 9:235) 

Further after two verses it is mentioned in:

ii.      Manu Smriti

"These miserable men - whom no one should eat with, no one should sacrifice for, no one should read to, and no one should marry - must wander the earth excommunicated from all religions".
(Manu Smriti 9:238)

A similar message is repeated in:

iii.    Manu Smriti Chapter 11 verse 55:

"Killing a priest, drinking liquor, stealing, violating a/the guru's marriage bed, and associating with those (who commit these acts) are called the major crimes".
(Manu Smriti 11:55)

It is mentioned in

iv.     Manu Smriti Chapter 11 verse 94

"For liquor is the defiling dirt excreted from rice, and dirt is said to be evil; therefore a priest, ruler, or commoner should not drink liquor."
(Manu Smriti 11:94)

c.      Intoxicants / Intoxicating drinks are prohibited in several other verses of Manu Smriti including

i.    Manu Smriti Chapter 11 verse 151
ii.   Manu Smriti Chapter 7 verses 47-50
iii.  Manu Smriti Chapter 9 verse 225
iv.  Manu Smriti Chapter 12 verse 45
v.   Manu Smriti Chapter 3 verse 159
vi.  Rigved Book 8 hymn 2 verse 12
vii. Rigved Book 8 hymn 21 verse 14

Gambling is also prohibited in the Hindu Scriptures in

Rigveda Book Book 10 Hymn 34 Verse 3:

"A Gamester / gambler says, 'My wife holds me aloof, my mother hates me'. The wretched man finds none to comfort him." (Rigveda 10:34:3)

It is further advised in Rigved

"Play not with dice : No, cultivate thy corn land. Enjoy the gain and deem that wealth sufficient". (Rigved 10:34:13)

It is mentioned in

ii.      Manu Smriti Chapter 7 verse 50

"Drinking, gambling, women (not lawfully wedded wives) and hunting, in that order, he should know to be the very worst four in the group of (vices) born of desire"
(Manu Smriti 7:50)

b.      Gambling is also prohibited in several verses of

i.   Manu Smriti including
ii.  Manu Smriti Chapter 7 Verse 47
iii. Manu Smriti Chapter 9 Verses 221-228
iv. Manu Smriti Chapter 9 Verse 258

Edited by lulujjjj - 11 years ago
Deepti1808 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@Naeema: Great post !!!

Liked your views on alcoholism, shyness and gambling.

Society nowadays has flexible rules and is much more tolerant to vices within limits.
Who sets those limits and who acts as the moral police is not defined though. And so we have differences that keep cropping up when we discuss these issues.

So what is acceptable to one may or may not be acceptable to other.

We just have to live with this understanding that's all.

Deepti1808 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Alamelu

Are we going to start having more of these moments now?? Are they comfortable with each other enough to sleep like this all the time?? Will this happen only after the final confession from Yash (after the truth is revealed)??? Is this not something a wife craves for especially when pregnant??? Will yash grant her these??? Would love to know what you all think.

Are we going to start having more of these moments now??

We might have more moments but the precap suggested that Yash is still not comfortable with intimacy. 
He seemed worried that he did something that he shouldn't have or maybe he is more worried that he did something that Aarti thought he shouldn't have (which we know is faaar from the truth)
All this is purely speculation on my part. So let's see.

Are they comfortable with each other enough to sleep like this all the time??

Nope i do not think they are all that comfortable but i am sure they are getting there. One baby step at a time

Will this happen only after the final confession from Yash (after the truth is revealed)??? 

I have no clue what the CVs are planning but yes i see it happening then.

Is this not something a wife craves for especially when pregnant??

Yes in Aarti's case more so, Having had to deal with a previous pregnancy all on her own. I am sure she would want all that she could get from Yash.
But knowing Aarti she is the last person to ask anything for herself.

Will yash grant her these???

We have seen how far Yash is willing to go for Aarti so i am sure Yash will go all out for Aarti , notwithstanding her pregnancy.

lulujjjj thumbnail
@Deepti   Yeah each and every one thinks in a different way dear what i
                    think right might be wrong to others dear but to make them
                    understand  and we can agree upon the commonalities
                    between us and indeed i loved your reply dear.

Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Naeema great post there! I love the break down into alcoholism, gambling, and the importance of shyness in its right form. As far as I've been taught, all of these things (gambling, strong drink) are frowned upon in Christianity and prohibited (atleast in my sect😆), because they corrupt the soul and body and lead to sin.

Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. (Proverbs 23:31, 32 KJV)

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. (Proverbs 20:1 KJV)

It's not about the acts themselves, but dangers of the acts. Gambling can lead to greed, anger and conceit all of which cause rapid breakdown in a human's sense of charity and concern for others and interest in God's guidance to wane. With alcohol, it removes inhibitions and places one in dangerous situations (e.g. Pari's affair), causes fatal accidents, etc. Most excuse themselves by stating moderation as the key, but it is better to stay away than tempt oneself. Who is to say Yash will not surely become Yashudas😆. Anyhoot, my point is fantab post👍🏼
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
P.S. Naeema: The verse you quoted from Proverbs 31 is more like this in its context

Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings. It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted. Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts. Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more. (Proverbs 31:3-7 KJV)😳

Shrug. Things vary upon context so its always advisable to read the verses before and after in any religious text or it will be like listening to a speech on tv from the middle only and getting a completely different idea. For example: And he said to kill all the women and children during the raid in 1981. Imagine only hearing, kill all the women and children🤣
Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 11 years ago
kholita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
This poem is for aarti's love to yash 

Everything before you went with the past
Like a dream after i wake up  didn't last
I dont want enyone but you
I pray that i will always be with you
Next to you i rest in peace 
I reach happeness with all my body pieces
Embrace me to your heart
so i could forgot overshadow of the night
My laugh with you reach my soul and last
Because of you i forgive my past
Embrace me, my love for the eternity
Help me to forget all the life Cruelty
Lets paint a new dreams
Beyond our fears 
Embrace me , my love
Thats all i want from the life 
Kittya_Cullen thumbnail
Very beautiful poem Kholita👍🏼

i'm just curious here, but why is it that so many shows portray men being allowed to slap women? I'm watching what I think is Pakistani tv in Hindi(?) and I just saw what seems to be pretty common in Indian television on the whole. So I'm just wondering if things are actually like that. I don't believe we've ever seen that in PV, or would remember, but I have seen other shows with that. Don't the audiences mind?