Dabangg 2 -Rev/Coll. - Gross 271 Cr WorldWide - Page 10

Posted: 11 years ago

Dabangg 2 is old wine in an old bottle

Published: Friday, Dec 21, 2012, 14:36 IST | Updated: Friday, Dec 21, 2012, 14:36 IST 
By Kanika Sikka | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
A still from Dabangg 2

Film: Dabangg 2
Director: Arbaaz Khan
Cast: Salman Khan, Salman Khan and Salman Khan
Rating: **1/2

It's finally here! After going wild in Dabangg, Robin Hood Pandey is back to beat the hell out of the bad guys and teach them a lesson when they mess with the innocent citizens. And this time, he's doing all this in the city of Kanpur. The sequel of Dabangg is a replica of the original film and brings nothing new.

Like I said 2 weeks ago, it's the year where cops are on a roll and the best way perhaps to end this phenomenon (hoping it ends) was with Salman Khan. But before I go ahead, I have something to say to the filmmakers…We've had enough of the police-chor drama. Move on please.

The story is just the same as any other movie…Good cop, innocent family, terrifying villain who is in complete control of the city and 'badle ki aag mein jalta hua' hero.

Chulbul (Salman), along with his aviators, has been transferred to Kanpur where he resides with wife Rajjo (Sonakshi), father Prajapati Pandey (Vinod Khanna) and brother Makkhi (Arbaaz Khan). Bachcha bhaiyya (Prakash Raj), a fearsome criminal with political ambitions creates a ruckus in the town and in turn, Chulbul creates commotion in his life.

Salman, as usual, is at his best, delivering punches in slowmo sending the goons rolling into the air, smashing glasses and breaking bones. He does all that he has been doing in the past. Yes it's a clichd role, but the fans will love it. But, trust me when I say this…When Salman sends a man flying in 10 fps, it is more convincing than any other actor doing the same.

Sonakshi does justice to her character. Vinod Khanna is adorable as an old father enjoying his family life at its best. Arbaaz does not have much to do in the film. Prakash Raj is brilliant in the film and shows us once again why he's a multiple National Award winner.

The story by Dilip Shukla has nothing new and since it has been woven around almost the same characters, the plot is simply a repetition ofDabangg. The dialogues keep up with the essence of the film, but nothing is worth taking home.

The songs are catchy, but are only enjoyable if you're watching them on the big screen. Pandeyji seeti made me want to get up and dance in aisle of the theatre (that had more to do with Salman, Malaika and Sonakshi dancing in between some three hundred odd cops than to do with the music).

At the end of it, Dabangg 2 belongs to Salman and that's the only reason you'd want to go for it. It is quite an entertainer, but only for Salman fans (like me).

In case we're alive tomorrow (considering the world ends today), do catch the film. But don't expect much out of it. While the film lacks in being a comprehensive package, it goes all the way in becoming yet another celebration of 'brand Salman'. Every other character and element of the film just helps him entertain you for two and a half hours. If you're looking for meaningful cinema, it is better you give this one a miss.

1st Day Early Trends Of Box Office Collections Of DABANGG 2

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services0
As we reported in last few days, "Dabangg 2" has taken the nation by storm. Film will beat non holiday opening day record 15 cr nett plus of "Rowdy Rathore" by at least 50% and that is simply amazing.

Friday, 21st December 02:30 PM IST

DABANGG 2 Will Beat Non Holiday Opening Record by 50%

As we reported in last few days, "Dabangg 2" has taken the nation by storm. Film will beat non holiday opening day record 15 cr nett plus of "Rowdy Rathore" by at least 50% and that is simply amazing.

Film is super strong in NCR, CI, CP and Rajasthan. Due to cold wave, film is rather dull in UP, East Punjab and Bihar but likely to pick up as the day progresses. Except Mumbai, West Bengal and Mysore, film is heading for records in almost every territories and these territories might join the bandwagon by evening.

Film will walk over 1st day opening day record easily and now only question remains how big will be the figure of day one, the new record. Film can not beat 32 cr nett opening day record of "Ek Tha Tiger" which was holiday release but anything in excess of 22 cr will be superb.

As per early trends, film will race past 20 cr nett for sure and good evening/night shows will take it to magic figure of 25 cr nett. Going by the positive word of mouth, anything looks possible. We will update you with latest by the end of the day.

Collections

1st Day 1st Show Collections Of Dabangg 2: Udaipur

by Box Office India (December 21, 2012)

The first day first show collections of Dabangg 2 in Updaipur are as follows:

PVR – 11,525 out of 47,850

PVR – 11,925 out of 47,850

PVR – 12,450 out of 44,000

PVR – 29,025 outr of 42,000

Ashoka – 23,320 out of 33,000

Ashoka – 41,300 out of 41,300 (Housefull)

Movie Review Dabangg 2: Kung Fu Pandey rules!

It's Christmas bonanza for Salman fans!
More on: Filmfare, Salman Khan, Dabangg 2

WRITTEN BY
Devesh Sharma
Written By Devesh Sharma
Assistant Editor
Posted Fri, Dec 21, 2012
RATE STORY
Rated
Rate
 4/5
SHARE THIS STORY
Movie Review Dabangg 2: Kung Fu Pandey rules!

Cast:
 Salman Khan, Sonakshi Sinha, Vinod Khanna, Prakash Raj, Arbaaz Khan, Deepak Dobriyal and Nikitin Dheer
Release date: December 21, 2012

Quick take:
 Dabangg 2 is a fanboy's dream and wouldn't disappoint the first comer either.

This is how other actors learn to be in character: They grow beards, learn the diction, and even go around everywhere in get up. Salman Khan however,  just makes sure the cameraman has caught his profile right. The star works on pure charisma. A mere glimpse od him is enough to make his fans go into a tizzy. He's slowly turning into Rajnikanth and your mailbox is in danger of being flooded with Salman jokes some time soon.

Arbaaz Khan, who took over from Abhinav Kashyap (who directed the earlier Dabangg) sticks more or less to the same template. So you have an honest but bent cop (Salman Khan) who triumphs over evil by trumping the system and a politician type (Prakash Raj), who goes about being bad in his vastly stereotyped ways. Both try to be one-up on each other throughout the length of the film before squaring things off in a gory climax.

What Arbaaz has intelligently done is keep the humour of the original flowing in the sequel as well. Chulbul Pandey is having the time of his life playing cop and Salman is having the time of his life playing Chulbul. Then, the emotional quotient of the original goes up another notch. Chulbul further cements his relationship with his stepfather Prajapati (Vinod Khanna), the scenes where they bond and banter are well executed. The bond between the brothers gets strengthened as well. Real and reel identities merge and you feel its Salman who's happy when younger brother Makkhi (Arbaaz Khan) comes into his own and wants to do something with his life. It's Salman and Arbaaz who paint the town red and not their characters.

Sonakshi Sinha has nothing to do but look pretty and she does that remarkably well. The talented Deepak Dobriyal too shines in his brief role. Nikitin Dheer gets a chance to showcase his toned body in the end. Prakash Raj, as said earlier, is slowly degenerating into the stock villain of the '70s and '80s and should promptly rescue himself from this predicament. The massy score by Sajid-Wajid too pays homage to that era. Kareena Kapoor rocks in the Fevicol song. One should invest in the brand as its stock is going to shoot on and up.

All said and done, the cliches work because of the phenomenon called Salman Khan. Take him away and the film will look as flat as a bottle of soda left too long in the sun. He keeps the fizz going through his boundless energy and makes sure you not only have your full money's worth but will sign up for more before leaving the theatre. The ending hints at another sequel so stock up on the popcorn.

Edited by rambo_ka_baap - 11 years ago

Collections

1st Day 1st Show Collections Of Dabangg 2: Sriganganagar City

by Box Office India (December 21, 2012)

The first day first show collections of Dabangg 2 in Sriganganagar City are as follows:

Krishna – 45,000 out of 65,800

Krishna – 60,000 out of 65,800

I just came back at home after watching Dabangg2 OMGGG OMGG full on entertainment movie! in each and every scenes, Salman appeared people in MULTIPLEX I repeat in MULTIPLEX were going crazy over Salman specially all girls ☺️ boys were whistling like mad! His entry was MINDBLOWING!!!! The dialogue delivery,facial expressions were PRICELESS !! and comic timing GOSHH EPIC <3 no one could have played Chulbul's charac better than Salman Khan!! the whole movie is about RobinHood Pandey and his dabangghaai 😎 Salman fans would surely go crazy and gaga over him ☺️ the way he does those action sequences my god, they were simply MINDBLASTING. He was lovable, full of life, adorable man! What I loved the most was the way he insults Bacha Bhaiya in one party 🤣 that song was so hilarious OMG totally unseen 🤣 okay I won't reveal more now otherwise people will kill me 🤣 the way he romances his rajjo awwiee how cute and loved his scenes with Vinod Khanna ! and he was just perfect in emotional scenes the way he cries awww he looked Cho cute

Now coming to sonakshi sinha, my god this girl looked so beautiful, her expressions were Awesome loved her the most at last, that scene,  she emote so well and said something to chulbul which obviously i wont reveal but it was really worth watching seriously! She was very good just I felt her role was lil short otherwise she was e
Extremely good.

the BG music in the entire movie was superb and all the songs are damn catchy and OMGG people were going crazy for pandeyji and fevicol se! Malaika made a grand entry in the song Pandeyji and so did Kareena in fevicol se along with Salman ...Brilliant almost everyone screamed out loud and those boys sitting at the front rows were dancing on these songs...few of them including me yelled 'bebo' when she appeared 😆

Prakash Raj was excellent as villain but nothing has much to do, I mean Salman was the show stealer, they all were overshadowed by Salman's POWER PACKED performance...others were awesome too though and  that Chunni his brother was good too and I loved chulbul's chunni dialogue on him!

Arbaaz' did amazing job as a director, no one would believe its his first movie as a director! story wise dabangg was better BUT Dabangg2 is more entertaining,action sequences - OUTSTANDING by SALMAN KHAN asusual! Full ton paisa vasool movie... You will love the movie wholeheartedly but just don't compare it with Dabangg1.

I will be going on Sunday again with my friends YAYY!! Happy Salman Day for sure! and a must watch everyone specially all Salman fans ❤️ RobinHood Pandey made my day!
Edited by .MohitKiMeera - 11 years ago

DABANGG 2 Review

DABANGG 2

Arbaaz Khan Production's Dabangg 2 (UA), a sequel to Dabangg, is an action fare with romance and family drama thrown in in good measure. From Lalganj (inDabangg), Chulbul Pandey is transferred to Kanpur. He has come with family – step-father Prajapati (Vinod Khanna), wife Rajjo (Sonakshi Sinha) and step-brother Makkhi (Arbaaz Khan) – to Kanpur and is busy cleansing the city terrorised by politician Bachcha Bhaiyya (Prakash Raj).

In a fit of rage, one day, Chulbul Pandey kills Gainda (Deepak Dobriyal), the younger brother of Bachcha Bhaiyya when he tries to pick up Beni Prasad's (Achyut Potdar) grand-daughter, Anjali (Sandeepa Dhar), from her wedding mandapbecause he lusts for her. This angers Bachcha Bhaiyya who swears revenge.

One day, Bachcha Bhaiyya confronts Makkhi and Rajjo who is pregnant. He fires a bullet into Makkhi and pushes Rajjo down the temple steps. Rajjo has a miscarriage and both, she and Makkhi, are hospitalised. Breathing fire, Chulbul Pandey confronts Bachcha Bhaiyya, his other brother, Chunni (Nikitan Dheer), and his cronies. Does Bachcha Bhaiyya's team prove too much for the lone fighter, Chulbul Pandey? Or is Chulbul Pandey successful in avenging the death of his unborn child?

Dilip Shukla's script has effectively balanced action with romance and family drama so that there is masala for the audience of both, single-screen cinemas and multiplexes. Of course, the high-voltage action scenes are so forceful that the family drama and the romantic portions seem a bit subdued. However, there are excellent punches in the family scenes and romantic portions too. For instance, the scenes of Chulbul Pandey teasing his step-father by changing his voice on the cell phone, the scene of Chulbul troubling his step-father while both of them are trying to sleep, the track of Chulbul's jungle quiz, the cute little squabbles between Chulbul Pandey and Rajjo – they are all extremely entertaining and evoke laughter at places and smiles at others.

As far as the drama of good versus evil is concerned, the audience gets the feeling of wanting more because the confrontation scenes between Chulbul Pandey and Bachcha Bhaiyya are few. The first confrontation scene between them is a highlight and so is the last one but the same cannot be said of the other scenes between them. The climax looks too short and the film also comes to an end so fast that the audience gets up with a feeling of incompleteness.

Having said this, it must be mentioned that although the story is routine and the screenplay has its lows, the film holds the audience's attention. There are plenty of claptrap scenes and many light moments. In particular, every action sequence is clapworthy. Similarly, Chulbul Pandey's entry will be greeted with thunderous applause in the cinemas because of the huge popularity of both, the character and the actor (Salman Khan) playing the character. There will be a deafening round of applause when Chulbul comes to Bachcha Bhaiyya in the climax to avenge the murder of his unborn child. An even more hysterical round of applause would greet the scene (in the climax) in which Chulbul Pandey's shirt comes off. The pubilc would go crazy on seeing his well-built torso.

Dilip Shukla's dialogues are very nice and several of them, especially in the first half, evoke laughter and claps.

Salman Khan does a fantastic job, playing to the gallery and putting his superstardom to use very appropriately. Not only is he mind-blowing in action scenes but is also endearing in the rest of the scenes. He looks superb and remains in character throughout. He uses his charisma to the fullest and endears himself to the audience with his cute comedy, his mannerisms, his typical style of acting and his naughtiness. His dances are extraordinary, whether in the 'Hudd hudd dabangg' or the 'Pandeyji' or the 'Fevicol' song. Sonakshi Sinha gets limited scope but, nevertheless, gives a good account of herself. She looks pretty. Prakash Raj is a phenomenal actor and he deserves kudos for his acting. His facial expressions, his body language and his dialogue delivery add greatly to his very fine performance. Vinod Khanna is wonderfully restrained. Deepak Dobriyal is lovely and acts in a very natural style. Nikitan Dheer looks intimidating but doesn't have much to do. Manoj Pahwa has his moments as SP Anand Mathur. Arbaaz Khan is quite nice. Kareena Kapoor dances brilliantly in the 'Fevicol' song and exudes sex and oomph. Sandeepa Dhar and Achyut Potdar provide good support. Ram Sujan (as constable Chaubey) and Pradeep Choudhary (as constable Tiwari) evoke laughter at some places while their comedy falls flat at other places. Gireesh Sahdev (as sub-inspector Siddiqui), Yogendra Tiku (as head constable Sharma), Mukesh Bhatt (as Chachu), Pankaj Tripathi (as Khilawan), Rajiv Khachru (as Radhe), Flora Saini (as TV reporter) and Yugul Kishore (as Awadh Narayan) lend fair support. Malaika Arora Khan sweeps the viewer off his feet with her supremely agile dancing. Mahie Gill and Tinnu Anand, in special appearances, are alright.

Arbaaz Khan, in his debut directorial venture, has remained true to the Dabanggbrand and has succeeded in making a wholesome entertainer. He has put in something for every class of audience. However, the lack of novelty in the subject and presentation will be a sore point for the class audience. Sajid-Wajid's music is already hit. The 'Fevicol' song is superb. The 'Pandeyji' number is also very appealing. The 'Dagabaaz', 'Hudd hudd dabangg' and the 'Saanson ne' songs are also very hummable. Lyrics (Sameer, Jalees Sherwani, Sajid-Wajid, Ashraf Ali and Irfan Kamal) are nice. Picturisation of the 'Fevicol' (Farah Khan), 'Pandeyji' and 'Hudd hudd dabangg' songs are wonderful. Radhika and Vinay Sapru's dance designing is very nice. Background music, scored by Sandeep Shirodkar, is outstanding and it heightens the impact of the drama tremendously. Action scenes, choreographed by Anl Arasu, are truly fantastic and will be adored by the masses and the youth. Aseem Mishra and Madhu Limaye's cinematography is excellent. Sets are nice. Hemal Kothari's editing is sharp. Production and other technical values are good.

On the whole, Dabangg 2 is, without doubt, a blockbuster. It may be routine and may have its flaws but, overall, it entertains wonderfully. Most importantly, it has more than enough masala for the millions of Salman Khan fans. Salman Khan carries the entire film on his shoulders.

Opening was extraordinary at most of the places, and at many places in the North, it was so in spite of the cold weather. Opening in small centres of U.P. was, however, not upto the mark.

rambo's daddy, yeah u were absolutely correct, here everyone almost everyone loved the movie people were going crazy for Salman I mean seriously I felt like m watching the movie in a single screen theatre 😆 it was houseful matlab 100% opening in a multiplex (morning shows as well) people had that wide smile on their faces when they all came out... my dad and mom loved it more than dabangg1 ❤️ Edited by .MohitKiMeera - 11 years ago

Dabangg 2 Kolkata First Day First Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erF8yvA5Vf8

Dabangg 2 Opening Day First Day Total Net Collections - Early Estimates

The big day has arrived. Dabangg 2 have opened like a Hurricane all over the world.

Dabangg 2 is almost houseful since morning all across the country. In some places, Dabangg 2 broke all the Morning records. Dabangg 2 has been released in 3500 screens in India and 450 screens in Overseas.

We cannot say about the public response now. Will update about the public response tomorrow but people are going crazy to watch the movie.

As per early estimates, minimum first day collections of Dabangg 2 will be 20 crore which will be a record of a non-holiday release. Previous record is with Rowdy Rathore ( 15.1 crore ) which was also released on a working Friday. But looking at the morning shows, it is expected that the opening day collections of Dabangg 2 will be around 25 crore. 30 crore looks quite difficult because of a working day but 25 crore is also a huge amount.

The final collections will be updated soon. Stay Tune !

http://www.skfanclub.com/2012/12/Dabangg2-1st-Day-Collections-Estimates.html
Edited by Saddiakhan - 11 years ago