Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I think I wandered into that thread for a bit, saw some of the later comments and just shook my head.
The snippets you're put in the first post are so vile, hurtful and frankly a case of bullying. People who made those comments should be ashamed of themselves.

The anonymity of the Internet gives people free reign to just let loose. People should realise it's not that anonymous and what you're writing is there for everyone to read and know exactly what you are about! Would any of those people have the guts to say that to someone's face, one-on-one?

Love the posts where people are now asking everyone to be on their best behaviour! Where was everyone when even criticizing (and that mildly) an actor/actress while the show was on and post the show's closure would result in threads being taken over by sycophantic phans??

If people just learnt that everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, that some people don't blindly worship good looking people on TV because there are plenty of interesting, beautiful people in our real lives to go gaga over, and didn't make things personal when it comes to actors and the people here on the forum, we wouldn't have to even worry about the forum closing. 

If people making those disgusting comments were banned it would set an example that this isn't tolerated. 
prabbs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Didikisaut

People hitting below the belt is not new to me or to this forum, personal attacks are the flavor of the day. Who the hell wants to take time out scratch their heads and comment on a topic, it is always convenient to just go ahead and abuse. I personally try to ignore them as much as possible which is very much what I had done on the given thread too. 

Some times people get so cheap with their attacks that one wonders about their values and upbringing, the vocab is so disgusting that it will put even wh**es to shame. 

They are so obsessed with an actor that they hardly know their boundaries anymore and such obsession does requires some desperate medical attention.

I would ignore it too. As a member , but as a parent  I cannot ignore it. 
Hurling insults in the name of fans , is not cool for the actor nor the forum. 
prabbs thumbnail
Originally posted by: moomin4455

I think I wandered into that thread for a bit, saw some of the later comments and just shook my head.

The snippets you're put in the first post are so vile, hurtful and frankly a case of bullying. People who made those comments should be ashamed of themselves.

The anonymity of the Internet gives people free reign to just let loose. People should realise it's not that anonymous and what you're writing is there for everyone to read and know exactly what you are about! Would any of those people have the guts to say that to someone's face, one-on-one?

Love the posts where people are now asking everyone to be on their best behaviour! Where was everyone when even criticizing (and that mildly) an actor/actress while the show was on and post the show's closure would result in threads being taken over by sycophantic phans??

If people just learnt that everyone here is entitled to their own opinion, that some people don't blindly worship good looking people on TV because there are plenty of interesting, beautiful people in our real lives to go gaga over, and didn't make things personal when it comes to actors and the people here on the forum, we wouldn't have to even worry about the forum closing. 

If people making those disgusting comments were banned it would set an example that this isn't tolerated. 

This is cyber bullying and allowed on the forum , under the context of AT..
I was targeted because  of my pic and I had the chance , that maybe not many got in their lifetime.

sonapari thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Prabha...
It's the norm...
Even if you report certain people...their posts never get closed before 50 pages...
I have experienced it so many times...sad but true.
Truth doesn't matter in this forum...what matters is how loud you can shout & scream...
These are same people who will spread rumours,false info to push their agenda...
This forum is like ...fox news 
A place where some people get carried away with fantasies & anyone who questions logic,reason behind their actions,language is targeted...called jealous of a certain actor...
Now tell me why would married well settled women,men or happy Individual be jealous of a tv actor...😕
But as I said don't apply logic here...just think as some are jealous of a tv actor...😲
I know how It feels...
Been there ...done that...
Just one lesson Learnt...
" I have my pride,dignity,class & moral obligation as a human  being...not to go to that cheap,Inhumane,shameful level..."...
But if you ask me such people were never reined in by mods...
Such people were never asked to tone it down...
Such people create a mess,instigate fights & when it's too hot to handle...these people call their moms online...
So we the aunties have responsibility to ignore such fans & hope that when they reach 30s...they will be sensible enough to know ...if you can't clean up your mess...rathe than calling mom online...
Stop your irresponsible behaviour at first step...
Atleast we can hope so...
McNinja thumbnail
@moomin aptly said. Where were these preachers for peace when they were going on about abusing other actors, SP workers, other fans? Where was this reason when they were attacking a members character simply out of blind rage?

There needs to be a zero tolerance policy about this level of abuse. You can call me a basher for not drooling, for not believing any one person with a source, for being sarcastic but is that comparable to the insults hurled at TM and others in that thread. There is a difference and some of those comments warrant a ban, not a simple warning. 
prabbs thumbnail
Originally posted by: McNinja

@moomin aptly said. Where were these preachers for peace when they were going on about abusing other actors, SP workers, other fans? Where was this reason when they were attacking a members character simply out of blind rage?

There needs to be a zero tolerance policy about this level of abuse. You can call me a basher for not drooling, for not believing any one person with a source, for being sarcastic but is that comparable to the insults hurled at TM and others in that thread. There is a difference and some of those comments warrant a ban, not a simple warning. 

Mehak,for some, this is looking like a personal vendetta against members, 
Then so be it... Because no excuse for that kind of language at anyone
prabbs thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonapari

Prabha...

It's the norm...
Even if you report certain people...their posts never get closed before 50 pages...
I have experienced it so many times...sad but true.
Truth doesn't matter in this forum...what matters is how loud you can shout & scream...
These are same people who will spread rumours,false info to push their agenda...
This forum is like ...fox news 
A place where some people get carried away with fantasies & anyone who questions logic,reason behind their actions,language is targeted...called jealous of a certain actor...
Now tell me why would married well settled women,men or happy Individual be jealous of a tv actor...😕
But as I said don't apply logic here...just think as some are jealous of a tv actor...😲
I know how It feels...
Been there ...done that...
Just one lesson Learnt...
" I have my pride,dignity,class & moral obligation as a human  being...not to go to that cheap,Inhumane,shameful level..."...
But if you ask me such people were never reined in by mods...
Such people were never asked to tone it down...
Such people create a mess,instigate fights & when it's too hot to handle...these people call their moms online...
So we the aunties have responsibility to ignore such fans & hope that when they reach 30s...they will be sensible enough to know ...if you can't clean up your mess...rathe than calling mom online...
Stop your irresponsible behaviour at first step...
Atleast we can hope so...

Yes, the mods never asked them to tone it down, but let them come across however they want and to me it looks like a biased opinion... Whether a BASHER , or a fan, no one has the right to insult anyone in that manner.
Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I stopped coming to IPK forum because of some people's tendency to hit below the belt. While I stayed away out of my own choice, my friends didn't. And that was also their personal choice. This is a public forum. When you make a post here, you can't tell people, "If you disagree with me, don't comment or stay away." It's like saying, I will only allow fawning on my awesomeness, people with independent thoughts, eff off. There are private blogs for that kind of attitude. Just invite a select few and moderate the comments you like. Since this forum does not allow comment moderation, that kind of attitude is NOT acceptable.

I was a target of abuse as well. Some newbie insulted my looks, sexual preferences and called me slave of Gul etc for making a post. I reported the comment as well. The result? Nothing. The comment is still sitting in it's position of glory in my post. The member was not banned or taken any action against that I knew. Why this double standard with one group of fans and not others?

I suspected many of those abusers have multiple ids because no one comes on the forum and within newbie status start insulting people they don't know. Most of our posts, including bashers were attacked by newbies. Why? What do they know about us? Nothing. The. Why would they attack or instigate fight among us? They won't unless it's a fake id created by already existing people who want to keep their nose clean while attack us from back like cowards. So Prabba, Hiru and Swathi is to be punished alone because they were honest (and some would say stupid) enough to abide by the forum rule and use one single id to express their opinion? Is the biggest fault was not fighting from behind the cloak of anonymous id and coming out with real identity?

If name calling is unacceptable, how do people get away calling dirty names to other members and still are not banned?

If giving fake spoiler with no reliable source is unacceptable, then how can one person continue to make illogical posts without shutting down the post automatically?

If this is a public forum which is open to all, how can someone get away making posts with a tag, "Stay away if you don't agree?"

If this is a private domain to some and public cheap shots for others?
prabbs thumbnail

Exactly Tia, why should I refrain from going to a thread and commenting,this is a forum, not a fan club.. If I did make a post without insults, why am I in the wrong. 
We always go and comment without MIds .. We do it Ina. Respectable manner. 
The language used here , I have not heard in my life before , probably because I move in a circle with a lot more ETIQUETTES. 
As a parent , this shocked me , to see this kind of abuse on a forum.and it was ok to do so.
Edited by prabba - 11 years ago
Originally posted by: tia.o

I stopped coming to IPK forum because of some people's tendency to hit below the belt. While I stayed away out of my own choice, my friends didn't. And that was also their personal choice. This is a public forum. When you make a post here, you can't tell people, "If you disagree with me, don't comment or stay away." It's like saying, I will only allow fawning on my awesomeness, people with independent thoughts, eff off. There are private blogs for that kind of attitude. Just invite a select few and moderate the comments you like. Since this forum does not allow comment moderation, that kind of attitude is NOT acceptable.

I was a target of abuse as well. Some newbie insulted my looks, sexual preferences and called me slave of Gul etc for making a post. I reported the comment as well. The result? Nothing. The comment is still sitting in it's position of glory in my post. The member was not banned or taken any action against that I knew. Why this double standard with one group of fans and not others?

I suspected many of those abusers have multiple ids because no one comes on the forum and within newbie status start insulting people they don't know. Most of our posts, including bashers were attacked by newbies. Why? What do they know about us? Nothing. The. Why would they attack or instigate fight among us? They won't unless it's a fake id created by already existing people who want to keep their nose clean while attack us from back like cowards. So Prabba, Hiru and Swathi is to be punished alone because they were honest (and some would say stupid) enough to abide by the forum rule and use one single id to express their opinion? Is the biggest fault was not fighting from behind the cloak of anonymous id and coming out with real identity?

If name calling is unacceptable, how do people get away calling dirty names to other members and still are not banned?

If giving fake spoiler with no reliable source is unacceptable, then how can one person continue to make illogical posts without shutting down the post automatically?

If this is a public forum which is open to all, how can someone get away making posts with a tag, "Stay away if you don't agree?"

If this is a private domain to some and public cheap shots for others?

I so agree with the highlighted part...why this double standard??? I wanna ask this question to Mods today...just because  some particular members call a particular group bashers everyone carried away by the name and decided they are really bashers...so ignore the insult the bashers getting...why??