Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: tia.o

I stopped coming to IPK forum because of some people's tendency to hit below the belt. While I stayed away out of my own choice, my friends didn't. And that was also their personal choice. This is a public forum. When you make a post here, you can't tell people, "If you disagree with me, don't comment or stay away." It's like saying, I will only allow fawning on my awesomeness, people with independent thoughts, eff off. There are private blogs for that kind of attitude. Just invite a select few and moderate the comments you like. Since this forum does not allow comment moderation, that kind of attitude is NOT acceptable.

I was a target of abuse as well. Some newbie insulted my looks, sexual preferences and called me slave of Gul etc for making a post. I reported the comment as well. The result? Nothing. The comment is still sitting in it's position of glory in my post. The member was not banned or taken any action against that I knew. Why this double standard with one group of fans and not others?

I suspected many of those abusers have multiple ids because no one comes on the forum and within newbie status start insulting people they don't know. Most of our posts, including bashers were attacked by newbies. Why? What do they know about us? Nothing. The. Why would they attack or instigate fight among us? They won't unless it's a fake id created by already existing people who want to keep their nose clean while attack us from back like cowards. So Prabba, Hiru and Swathi is to be punished alone because they were honest (and some would say stupid) enough to abide by the forum rule and use one single id to express their opinion? Is the biggest fault was not fighting from behind the cloak of anonymous id and coming out with real identity?

If name calling is unacceptable, how do people get away calling dirty names to other members and still are not banned?

If giving fake spoiler with no reliable source is unacceptable, then how can one person continue to make illogical posts without shutting down the post automatically?

If this is a public forum which is open to all, how can someone get away making posts with a tag, "Stay away if you don't agree?"

If this is a private domain to some and public cheap shots for others?

Well said Tia, cowards, they are for sure and double standards reign big time. The forum is definatly becoming a haven for those that shout the loudest and those with "inside information" & "reliable sources".

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: prabba

Exactly Tia, why should I refrain from going to a thread and commenting,this is a forum, not a fan club.. If I did make a post without insults, why am I in the wrong.
We always go and comment without MIds .. We do it Ina. Respectable manner.
The language used here , I have not heard in my life before , probably because I move in a circle with a lot more ETIQUETTES.
As a parent , this shocked me , to see this kind of abuse on a forum.and it was ok to do so.

Prabba, you read the letter I wrote to you and I still think you guys walked into a trap that was specifically designed to make you guys look bad and them look like a victim. Even though I scolded you guys for even lowering in their level to comment on such a idiotic post, I still know you guys personally. You say what you mean and don't take cheap shots at others. I told Swathi, it was like my friends were falling from a cliff and I can't stop it.

About the language, my mother once told me that, be careful about the words you choose because it shows your class. I truly believe that. I don't believe in social classes, but on behaviour classes. Your behaviour tells me how you were brought up and what's your class. The kind of language you were subjected to, if it wasn't written in English, I'd suspect came from people who are uneducated and uncultured or someone under a psychotic ranting episode or may be both.

That's why, I don't talk to them, just like I don't talk to the crazy homeless guy who roam in the street muttering terrorists threats under his breath. Don't go by people's access to internet, hun. There are more dangerous, mentally sick people in internet than in all mental asylums combined.Edited by tia.o - 11 years ago
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

This is cyber bullying and allowed on the forum , under the context of AT..
I was targeted because  of my pic and I had the chance , that maybe not many got in their lifetime.

Yeah I saw that :-) - have a lot of respect for SI and kudos to you for meeting with her! You got a chance to talk to one of the 2 key, very visible people in this whole mess and she basically told you that she has moved on, because guess what, it's a job and she has her own life. She bluntly put an end to the dreams of those obsessed phans and they couldn't take it. They couldn't take it out on BS or SI or anyone else, or even Star, so they took it out on you. I wouldn't take anything they say personally at all! One can and should only be affected by people who have earned one's respect.

I would love love love to see them repeat their ridiculous theories and comments to SI in person and see what she has to say in reply. She does not suffer fools!

As someone mentioned the multiple ID thing is difficult to navigate, but the people on that thread used their own ID. They could and should have been banned.
puglet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

prabbs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: tia.o

Prabba, you read the letter I wrote to you and I still think you guys walked into a trap that was specifically designed to make you guys look bad and them look like a victim. Even though I scolded you guys for even lowering in their level to comment on such a idiotic post, I still know you guys personally. You say what you mean and don't take cheap shots at others. I told Swathi, it was like my friends were falling from a cliff and I can't stop it.

About the language, my mother once told me that, be careful about the words you choose because it shows your class. I truly believe that. I don't believe in social classes, but on behaviour classes. Your behaviour tells me how you were brought up and what's your class. The kind of language you were subjected to, if it wasn't written in English, I'd suspect came from people who are uneducated and uncultured or someone under a psychotic ranting episode or may be both.

That's why, I don't talk to them, just like I don't talk to the crazy homeless guy who roam in the street muttering terrorists threats under his breath. Don't go by people's access to internet, hun. There are more dangerous, mentally sick people in internet than in all mental asylums combined.

I totally get it ,.. But in a forum, where these fans are allowed and are gotten away with language like that, why we are told to refrain from saying what we want to convey... This is double standards .
This is making them show their true colors and their culture in the day and age.
I felt I went back to the ages of apes and chimps when I read those comments.
Edited by prabba - 11 years ago
McNinja thumbnail
@Tia I just love everything you wrote dammit. And now reflecting back on that thread, yes it does seem like we walked into it but then again, I can safely say I wasn't expecting to read the type of things that were said. When people began to degrade people I know and consider friends, my inner demon was ready to unleash and I'd do it again. 

Its fine if that was the purpose, to serve us a trap...I could care less about people and their underground movement to get rid of so called "bashers". But why the double standards being shown around this forum. Some of the things said were grounds for a ban, why are they still allowed to post and make comments. Some people continuously break forum rules by spreading their unconfirmed news from unconfirmed sources, why arent they dealt with. 

Edited by McNinja - 11 years ago
prabbs thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: McNinja

@Tia I just love everything you wrote dammit. And now reflecting back on that thread, yes it does seem like we walked into it but then again, I can safely say I wasn't expecting to read the type of things that were said. When people began to degrade people I know and consider friends, my inner demon was ready to unleash and I'd do it again. 

Its fine if that was the purpose, to serve us a trap...I could care less about people and their underground movement to get rid of so called "bashers". But why the double standards being shown around this forum. Some of the things said were grounds for a ban, why are they still allowed to post and make comments. Some people continuously break forum rules by spreading their unconfirmed news from unconfirmed sources, why arent they dealt with. 

Yes, we did walk into a trap, but why not... This is a public forum, when using the foulest language , one can find is allowed , why not answering a thread by a BASHER is a crime.
Did we anytime compare anyone to an animal, or give out menopausal suggestions... 
The posts which has sources in the Ozone Layer is allowed by the forum, and the posts rendering to fanatical behavior of so called fans are left open .

Yes, we did walk into a trap, but why not... This is a public forum, when using the foulest language , one can find is allowed , why not answering a thread by a BASHER is a crime.
Did we anytime compare anyone to an animal, or give out menopausal suggestions, when you still have your baby tooth ,,, we did not... 
The posts which has sources in the Ozone Layer is allowed by the forum, and the posts rendering to fanatical behavior of so called fans are left open .

Praba I agree with Tia here...It is not that in a forum you should be restricted to make comment in any thread...it is the people you are dealing with...it is just to save yourself from shit...although I also went there when I couldnt control myself...

We have already seen  how low they can go and how delusional they are...so commenting and going to tell them something is equivalent to whispering to walls...
Before I used to think we should comment and show our difference in opinion as it is a forum...but now the water has gone too far...so its better to avoid it...
Edited by Luv_isnt_classy - 11 years ago
prabbs thumbnail

MAHUA, we all know what a public platform means , but some forgot , thought it is their private domain. Like Tia said I always avoided, but that was my D day...waiting to happen...now definetly not interested in throwing rocks into a sewer
prabbs thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: memyselfandme1

Totally disgusting - period! This is nothing short of bullying, harassment and deformation! Theses comments were made by a member claiming to be a media person, a journalist and yet stooped so low to use such abusive language.  They should all be thoroughly ashamed of their actions and  I whole heartedly agree with you that the safety of members on the forum firmly rests with the MODS; appropriate action needs to be taken, which should act as a deterant to others. 

There is freedom of speech, however this does not give anyone license to disrespect others. 

You are a very dignified lady and just remember the words of May West " you can take the girl out of the gutter, but you can't take the gutter out of the girl". These kind of trashy people are nothing more than wannabes and bullies with pea brains, the kind I wouldn't p**s on if they were on fire!  They are full of bullshit, they don't know theirs a**s from their elbows who are been elevated into these power tripping wannabes by misleading others on the forum with their dilusional blatant lies.

Just remember what goes around, comes around and these pieces of crap will surly get their comeuppances in this life!

TOTALLY AGREE ON THAT ...GUTTER CANNOT BE TAKEN OUT OF A GIRL... TO RESORT TO Street LANGUAGE THAN COME  UP WITH SOMETHING INTELLECTUAL TO RETALIATE...