Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by prabba

Hola KOOKIE.  And all that you explained is allowed here in an online portal... And I was wrong in posting my opinion, is this a private domain , where anyone cannot state their opinion... I don't know... Any healthy spat is welcome , by put name calling is the last resort used to hide incompetence to prove a point.

I just woke up to your PM. Still dont know what I am typing  with one eye open.

Forgive typos and grammatical errors.😆

Prabba, healthy banter and teasing is different but this kind of abuses are uncalled for.

Just because you cant defend the shit you write , you  resort to name calling and abuses.

Why make posts when you cant explain them to others ??

There is a difference between name calling a fictional character and name calling a fellow member just because we refuse to believe the trash you write and question you and your sourcezzz.

Edited by kookieMonster_M - 11 years ago

SUJI
I have seen this happen a lot, but this one crossed its limits, disgusting behavior shows that mannerism and ETIQUETTES is not given but acquired with time and knowledge

Yup.this time was so disgusted me whn I hv seen the street level languages I commented on that post which I really didn't want to.even I wondered more that those ppl said they were provoked.which meant that they cud use any shit languages for so called provocation.the person who cannt discuss proper way in public forum must avoid it. A apology must for this type of attitude.

Originally posted by kookieMonster_M

I just woke up to your PM. Still dont know what I am typing  with one eye open.

Forgive typos and grammatical errors.😆

Prabba, healthy banter and teasing is different but this kind of abuses are uncalled for.

Just because you cant defend the shit you write , you  resort to name calling and abuses.

Why make posts when you cant explain them to others ??

There is a difference between name calling a fictional character and name calling a fellow member just because we refuse to believe the trash you write and question you and your sourcezzz.

Who would have known that still exists, I thought it became extinct like my looks and my age ðŸ˜†
Edited by prabba - 11 years ago
On my way to an exam.cant comment right now.will read and comment later.
When i went through that thread i was shocked to see certain members mentality...n standard...!!!!i never in my life was subjected to such harsh n insensitive words...n didnt expect it on a show forum!!!!we who r taged as bashers ,in our numourous threads didnt used any abusive language...!!!.name calling a fictional character can never b compared to attacking fellow member in a most disgusted manner...really hope justice comes in our way...
I will surely get back to this in a while prabba 
But good work 
Originally posted by shreya0305

I will surely get back to this in a while prabba 
But good work 
Thanks SHREYA, but it was not a happy one... 
Prabba, I'm not surprised at all by the attitude exhibited by those girls at that thread. And the fact that we were NOT surprised at such low behaviour should be a great insult to them.

I'm past feeling anger at these girls- what I now feel is pity. Pity that they have stooped to such disgusting measures for some Actor who is as likely to present them with a Nobel Prize for their ventures as you are to slam a revolving door. Pity that they have been wasting their precious life in the name of 'demanding consumer rights' as if all other sources of entertainment had been flushed away with Hurricane Sandy. Pity that they are so deluded as to believe in cock-and-bull conspiracy theories, read the shadows of misery beneath eyes, embrace every post that shouts 'My Granny was Sobti's Baby Sitter'

I do pity them.

Age is no justification for this. If they are getting away with their conscience like this, they are a hopeless case. Here, I am a teenager and I know girls who are teenagers, and most certainly do NOT resort to personal insults. And we all might be 'Basherz', but what we do is question sources, what we do is criticize the screen play, what we do is turn up noses at the professionalism of some, what we do is be sarcastic at the delusions going around- NOT commenting on someone's age or looks or religion.

Prabs, I'm sure you are high above their standards to take these insults to heart- they are not worthy of your wasting your breath. And yet I really appreciate you for making this post: even if one girl thinks back to how she has been wrong, how they need to reform themselves- then you have carried out the responsibility of a good human being.

What these girls should remember is: inside the computer screen or outside, your personality remains the same. You might get away with it on the cyber world, but in the real world, you won't.

As for the Mods, I'm sure they had much on their plates while the Show was on, but I still think they could have closed the "Believe Me or Not, I am the Godmother of Truth" posts more often. They wasted most of their time giving warnings on the Basherz Thread.

I'm glad you made this post! 

I saw the last page of the thread after mod note with examples, and to even read that one page was grinding to my sensibilities. 

I cannot believe that people got away with this kind if behavior. 

When we raised constructive criticism, we were called bashers. We accepted that term because we didn't want fights in the forum. But this has gone way out of limits. 

This is bullying. In all it's misguided glaringly obvious existence. And yes, stricter action is required. 
Edited by JerryTheMouse - 11 years ago

iTo me ths just shows an flaw in upbringing and to think that one is powerful with the anonymity cloak, just like people with ammunitions thinking they are powerful to do what they want , and not face any repercussions is foolish. This is serious cyber bullying and name calling, there are serious laws for these and no jurisdiction..

You and many other commenters are right on the money. Differing in opinions is always fine, so long as it is done with dignity. (I did end up reading that 65 odd page post in its entirety just as it was closed and I was simple stunned to my seat at that moment.)

I have seen lowly bullying and other behavior that frankly would get you publicly humiliated if we were in ancient times that is openly occurring on IF. This mood and crassness of the forum has not happened just once, but one too many times to ignore. I have encountered such members separately as well, and not just on one occasion.

It has been several many months now and the behavior of members (note plurality) towards the cast, crew, channel, and other members has been borderline criminal in some instances (in my opinion).

Since India Forums does not have an age minimum, there are many teenagers who can easily take to heart this type of bullying and, in the end, lead it to a larger, unpleasant, circumstance.
Edited by mrskycar - 11 years ago