Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prabbs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
[
Exactly, this is actually okay in this forum, us posting in a polite manner and they retort in a really crass manner, is fine , since we posted , they can use any language and reply back. This is acceptable in this forum. It is really appalling that this forum first has no age ban and then this kind of behavior is OKEYED by the rule makers. 
I have seen it too, and ignored , but when I it caught in the crossfire I might as well make my points about rules on this forum questionable
Edited by prabba - 11 years ago
prabbs thumbnail
Originally posted by: JerryTheMouse

I'm glad you made this post! 

I saw the last page of the thread after mod note with examples, and to even read that one page was grinding to my sensibilities. 

I cannot believe that people got away with this kind if behavior. 

When we raised constructive criticism, we were called bashers. We accepted that term because we didn't want fights in the forum. But this has gone way out of limits. 

This is bullying. In all it's misguided glaringly obvious existence. And yes, stricter action is required. 

They did get away JERRY with just warnings... Also people who retaliated got the same, so these were both equal crimes by the rule makers. 
One was making our point of view , and the other was total abuse  and violation of rules. 
prabbs thumbnail

I want stringent rules followed in this forum about abusive language , no matter wo makes apost or comments. This is a open forum, anyone can make posts and anyone can retort back, not on personal looks or age. 
boreddamsel thumbnail
Cyber bullying is a crime.

I know someone who committed suicide after being a victim to cyber bullying, because she couldn't handle it! We are mature enough to understand that these people are cowards, but like you said, prabba, a teen might not understand and might actually take these things to heart.

I don't know who is to blame... their parents who bought them a computer so that they can study and believed them to be responsible? or their "friends" who blindly encouraged them to insult real people? 

I think the likes and comments might have given some people a celebrity status, which went to their heads. When their delusions were encouraged, they were tempted to be more delusional, and claimed to spread positivity! We tried to stop them from spreading rumors, but then they turned everyone against us saying we were being negative. That was fine too.. but then started the name calling and gosh, when I started seeing hate threads .. saying beware of the bashers .. I was shocked! Even when such posts were closed, that didnt stop them! With encouragements from their followers, they resorted to insults and name-calling and surprisingly, their followers "liked" those too. Young minds are very impressionable .. what lessons are we teaching the kids on this forum? It's ok to break rules, insult real people all in the name of something that is unreal.. TV and reel life is more important than studies, work, family, friends and even jobs and lives of cast and crew! 

I have decided I will keep a close watch on what my kids do on the Internet, well, when I have kids! 
Edited by boreddamsel - 11 years ago
prabbs thumbnail

ARTI, when i was commenting about a teenager in place of me, it actually scared me, what if it was my daughter... She takes little things to heart.. I am upset , though having experience in life. But this is what I was trying to explain here, that this an online bullying just like in schools, only difference is here there is anonymity cloak  to hide identity...

Frigate thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Praba, I am so very sorry you were subjected to such vilification and verbal abuse that is appaling to any civilized person. This is precisely the reason I stay out of posts that have no meaningful cause. I see no point in trying to "educate" people that have already shut their minds off to rational thought and expend my time/energy on a lost cause. It saddens me to say it, but we all have seen how some people can play down and dirty. I want no part of it. I used to passionately write in posts a few months ago hoping to help at least some "delusionals" see reason, but gave up once I figured what state of hopelessness existed on this forum! I hope you get justice in this case, whatever that may be.
prabbs thumbnail
Shilpa, I am pretty much over this ,  but still wanted to try to get this forum to have stringent rules against abuses and not justify it as a defense mechanism... Everyone can defend themselves but still follow rules, if not this amounts to bullying .
debby_11 thumbnail
I really have no idea what was going on here as i didnt get time to come online...People take fiction so seriously than their own life that they forget their limits

PRABBA I LOVE YOU...

boreddamsel thumbnail
These is a reason there are rules everywhere.. sometimes you don't need to list rules .. obvious ones.. manners! It's a shame that you need to be reminded manners too! 
prabbs thumbnail

Thanks Debby... Got a hard hit for a while but practicality kicked in to try to do the right thing as a parent and as an individual.