Posted: 11 years ago
Suhasi in a still from her previous serial, Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli. HT Photo

After winning over the hearts of India, portraying the courageous daughter Swarn Abha in the serial Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli, which recently went off air, Mumbai-based television actor Suhasi Dhami is back once again, this time playing a feisty bahu in the show Housewife Hai…Sab JaantiHai.

Suhasi's character in the show, Sona, is a journalist by profession, who after marriage decided to quit her job and become a housewife. All excited about the show, which will go on air on December 31, Suhasi quips that her character in the show will not cry a lot and will appeal to every housewife.

"Although her family wants her to work, Sona decides to quit her job since she wishes to focus on her house and eventually brings about positive changes in the house. Through the show, we will touch upon small social issues that are associated with our everyday lives," she says.

Drawing comparisons between Sona and Abha, Suhasi says that the situations in Yahan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli and Housewife… are very different. "In my earlier show, the situations usually involved life and death scenarios. But in this show, my character encounters everyday situations and being a journalist stands for the truth and solves them in a very simple and light manner," she says.

Suhasi further says that the character is very different from her in real life, since she personally cannot wait to go to work. But Suhasi maintains that she has seen a lot of women who have chosen to stay home, the closest being her mother-in-law.

"Personally, I can supervise work and ensure that everything in the house is done on time, but I cannot cook every day. I love working and will always want to manage both my work and my house," she says.  

Daughter of Gujarati theatre artiste Lata Goradia, Suhasi is an avid dancer and singer and, thanks to her college (Mithibai College), she got a chance to be associated with co-curricular activities. She was also seen in Kahaani Comedy Circus Ki and in regional films. She adds that she did not get any exciting offers from Bollywood, but is open to working in different genres and roles.   

Although it may not be essentially seen as a 'job', but being a housewife is not an easy job. The woman of the house has her own share of deadlines and commitments to look after and ensure 
that everything in the house is in order.

"Being a housewife is a non-appreciative job and most of the people take it for granted. But through my show, if even 5% of the people can realise that everybody cannot be a housewife, I would feel that the show and my character is successful," she concludes

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Punjab/Chandigarh/The-doting-housewife/SP-Article1-973033.aspx

Thanks Visha 😊 they said it will start on the 31st but didn't tell what time it will start 😕
Yes, not sure but looks like its most likely on 7pm slot 😕
Then i hope Housewife will manage to pull the audience towards it 😉
Yes, i'm sure Sona would be different from Abha. So lets see how she does it 😊
Is it airing on 31st December??can't wait
Yes Visha we will have to wait until the show starts to know 😉
Excited now itself 😳
she wil rock d show..waitin for it to laun😊ch..