DOTW - 16th December 2012 - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
@Ghajini Amma:- I agree with your both posts. 👍🏞. Nothing to add much. You've pointed out all the consequences I'd think of..

@Shirin:- "Lie" is a relative term n there are many types of lies exist(not only two). Google out.ðŸ˜ģ.
Edited by ami_dabh - 11 years ago
Very nice analysis SamiR. I may not agree with you but  I respect your point of view and your ability to critically argue on issues. Now let me give you my take on things. In the beginning of this track Suraj made two very costly mistakes which may prove fatal for this track. He started off by telling his mother about Sandhya's IPS dream of  which there was no necessity at that time to reveal . Like he is waiting now for the right time, had he just ventured into a talk of graduation, his mother would have no doubt opposed but not so vehemently. With Bhabasa's support on the pretext of helping a below average student like Chavvi, she may have agreed. The second error he made was to enlist the support of Ankur as sutradhar for the play. This put Bhabo on the guard. Is it a great Kothari conspiracy against me ? she wondered. The admission form was the ultimate nail in the coffin. She humiliated Suraj and burnt it and made it very clear to one and all there will be no talk of it.

Bhabo to my mind gets worked up under pressure. She conceded in the WTC track when Sandhya tricked her. She could have gone back and said you cheated me so no question of participation. She did not do that. The participation  which she earlier vehemently opposed she came around.

Now we come to this track. It started with goof ups from Suraj's side. He realized his mother had brain washed Sandhya into refusing to study. He made attempts to get her admitted in which he did not succeed. He talked about the new contract offered. Everybody in the house was happy as it meant more money. Bhabo was not. One reason was she was afraid her son may not survive without working in the shop. The other reason to my mind was the same fear of change. The fear of the unknown. She was unsure whether it would work out the way it was being portrayed. She was shown to be tense in the entire period repeatedly looking at the shop from time to time. Bhabasa's assurance did nothing to  lighten her burden. There was no bluff here as you have stated. Suraj had every intention of going ahead with the proposal if Sandhya had not changed her mind. Here if he had given the same time to Bhabo and an ultimatum I am very sure she would have agreed. The fact that she and Bhabasa came running to the contractor's office was a proof enough of her anxiety. One thing I am sure of Bhabo, once she agrees to something she will not go back. She will no doubt lay conditions and trouble Sandhya but will not go back.. The education track would have been free from the tension of getting caught. The fear of future withdrawal could have been eliminated. Bhabo's conditions could have been met with Suraj's support like the first track. Romance could have bloomed between the two through the support track.
          Now since that opportunity is lost Bhabo will be back to her sherni avatar. Suraj is left with no choice but to assert himself. Without confrontation she will not agree. If she does not agree Sandhya will have to withdraw. That will shatter her totally. If he fights to the finish Bhabo will stop talking to him, move around with a sullen face . There is a possibility she may stop eating and resort to dramatics, that  has to be endured as they missed a golden opportunity they had in hand. This is the scenario as of now. If they find future emotional blackmail ideas I cannot say.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
Lovely discussions by all. SamiR, must say you impress me with your insightful and wonderful writing style. Umdu, Bharati, Sindu, Shirin great points. ðŸ‘ðŸž

I believe Suraj is being a typical man. Decisive and strong in every regard except for when it comes to confronting one's mom. I would not call that even weakness. It takes a stronger man to swallow his pride over hurting his mom.  Also men tend think of the immediate future than long term consequences. The need of the hour was that the night college had already commenced and Sandy had to get going. His focus was on convincing Sandhya at the point of signing over his shop. At that time Suraj had decided that he was going to get Sandhya educated whether or not Bhabo approved. It was just a matter of informing her, not gaining her permission and he was waiting for an opportune moment for that. The aangan drama convinced him that it would be more hurtful to Bhabo and Sandhya the longer he waited. Once again he is going to attempt to do the right thing as he did before embarking on this path. Whether circumstances will allow him or how Bhabo will react remains to be seen. One good thing  is neither Suraj nor Sandhya will now retreat. Good for them!

Edited by Deebz - 11 years ago
Yo... Ami di I didn't say only two types of lies r there..!!! I know there r lots of other types...!!! 😛
Wonderful analysis by Samir n Uma aunty...!!! I was about to agree with Samir ji then Uma ji's comments make me not agree n then agaiin Deebs amma's comment made somewhere in between...!!! 😕 😕 😕

Waise Samir... Aisa high though vashan inni kam umar main...!!! 😎
I am feeling like illiterate in front of you... I just turned your age na??
BTW I only lie when there is no chance to caught me unless mera kismat phutera nahi nikla to...!!! 😆

Wonderful analysis Sindhu. I read your thread and thought I had commented. I realised only now that I had not. I may not agree with you but you have argued your point of view well giving details of all the incidents in this track. ðŸ‘ðŸž Hope to see many more such analysis Sindhu.
Thanks for starting the discussion Razia!
Had a great read!😃

Actually when Sooraj went with direct approach by telling everyone about Sandy's IPS dream, we all were unhappy stating why he did so! What was the hurry to tell about IPS now!
Then he seeked help from Ankur innocently.

Now when Sooraj isn't making that mistake again and hiding the night college matter, then phir se we are not khush and saying he should have informed Bhabo!

Originally posted by farhana874

Thanks for starting the discussion Razia!
Had a great read!😃

Actually when Sooraj went with direct approach by telling everyone about Sandy's IPS dream, we all were unhappy stating why he did so! What was the hurry to tell about IPS now!
Then he seeked help from Ankur innocently.

Now when Sooraj isn't making that mistake again and hiding the night college matter, then phir se we are not khush and saying he should have informed Bhabo!

Farhana I would like to answer question the way I perceive it. Since you approve of the night college studying you may not agree. However this is just my take on it.  We wanted Suraj to deal with Bhabo with a strategy in mind. We said he should only discuss graduation because that would have some hope of approval and there was a possibility of Bhabasa's support. Suddenly talking about IPS would mean an out right rejection. That is why we did not endorse the idea. However in the night college secret studying , Suraj had a chance to emotionally blackmail his mother to make her approve which he clearly missed. If such a chance had not been there than secret studying could still be justified (I would still prefer confrontation as I am not comfortable about lying. ) If through the blackmail which to my mind would have worked had Bhabo agreed, than Sandhya would not have to face the daily tension of getting caught, the future possibility of withdrawal and the breach of trust she will be accused of by Bhabo when caught. So the two situations mentioned by you are not the same.
Edited by UMDU - 11 years ago
Sorry you all I wanted to discuss properly but I can barely use my phone to discuss...my lappy's keyboard not working
Originally posted by udnis

razia...much .needed topic for now...thanks for creating this thread...ðŸĪ—.

y all r blaming surya for hiding night college.😭..ðŸĨš...

cvz...shown some grace in their moves...see below wt r they?

1. suraj to knw abt sandhya's dream...

2. suraj remainded abt sandhya's dream to her...

3.  suraj to support sandhya to achieve her dream...

4. suraj said t o bhabo abt sandhya's dream...

5. bhabo angry...

6. suraj convincing...

7. bhabo's cheapest(indicating just her act) act to sandhya to kill her dream and accept new dream of bhabo...

8. suraj drama to convince bhabo...

9. sandhya said to suraj,her dream is dead...now she has new dream...

10. suraj disappointed abt sandhya's act...other side bhabo is happy...

11. suraj heared wt bhabo said to sandhya(very imp one)...this only changed suraj's mind to go against bhabo...

in this only..suraj knw abt her mother's true face...now...tell me...is bhabo did good one,by hiding truth of sandhya's sudden change behaviour is bcz of her...and is she right? by doing actbehind his own son...and is she right? by acting with 2 faces...to suraj...

is she right? by brainwashed sandhya to forget her dream...by blackmailing with her emotions...if all say she is right, then our surya doing is also right...

12. suraj admitted sandhya in night college and sandhya dnt like that idea...so she not supported suraj's decision...

13. suraj plan to convince sandhya...bhabo indirectly said her to continue her dream to sandhya...so sandhya accepted suraj's idea...here..ur question is...surya doing is wrong by hiding truth to bhabo...right?...suraj tried his level best to convince bhabo but its actually bhabo's problem to not accepting sandhya's dream...read samir's reply for more reasons...he mentioned very clearly...y suraj pick up another way from telling truth to bhabo...

14. sandhya going to college now...with lots of difficulties...facing by both surya...

15. monday episode is live example for whom telling wrong abt suraj's lie...see now..bhabo's words...after consider it would be cinema...thats y suraj hides it from bhabo...but one day he will tell or she herself will find it...in both case...lots of dramas r there...so for now...just enjoy episode...with free mind...

not all shows r showing realistic things...mostly in tv v can get unrealistic thing only...they too humans...some families r around dabh...so they r working for people's happiness and for own and for sp...for the sake of trp's...in tv...all consider...trp only to run the shows...

if they shown...suraj convinced bhabo by some dramas and bhabo accepted it...than sandhya going to college and achieved her dreams...this is only wanted...

or

bhabo accepted and bhabo's kitchen politics in sandhya's studies...then...torturing her with household work...this also wanted by more...

or

bhabo will accept to suraj's request by convicing drama...but bhabo's another is going to brain wash sandhya once again to let her dream to dead...

u all feel sandhya will continue her studies...never...👎🏞...

see how cvz gradually showed scenes perfectly...they r doing their job right...in my pov...

and abt surya moments...this is education track...how v can expect cvz to show some surya moments....that too most of them...dnt like...just hand touching romance......they want phd romance..ðŸĪŠ...ðŸ˜ē.////.😆...

i think this is not fair..ðŸĨš...if they show surya romancing each other in this track...then all will say...this is un realistic...😆...ðŸĪĢ...

actually i thought abt create threa for this...but after seeing this thread and all reply...i just posted wt i want to say after reading all replies...

p.s...if i am wrong.👎🏞..u can give ur honest reply...if i am right...just give HI-FIVE......ðŸ˜ģ...

Aww i absolutely love this :)..Your points are too too good ðŸ˜ƒ
Awww Thank You everybody for such a wonderful and most of all healthy discussion. I enjoyed reading all of your wonderful views and somehow all of our points were matching togehter. Somewhat we think all alike.