26-12

REDUX 2612- Values and Courage!! #6 (Mahaepisode)

sonshine thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
I started watching, prepared for a lot of filler scenes... obviously, it was a Mahaepisode... I was sure, they would'nt be giving us much content... but again, 2612 surprised me, and how!! what a good episode... even the filler scenes were watchable

OF VALOUR, VALUES AND VICE

I loved today's episode. It was packed with significance.

Started off with Rashmi spotting Shantanu's picture in Randeep's file. She is concerned. What I absolutely loved in this scene was that Rashmi here was absolutely real. Not at all daily soap like. She asks upfront what it was all about and also volunteers information. If only other heroines would take a lesson from her. Also loved that Randeep is all haste to reassure her. It is only a routine investigation, nothing to be worried about. As of now, Randeep knows that Shantanu is rashmi's brother-in-law, and he hasn't contacted his family after his arrival in India. He probably also knows Shantanu is a scientist. How long before he connects the dots.

The Beginning of the Unveiling

Rashmi and Mittoo reach home. Rashmi again is upfront and honest. She confronts her sister. A chilling scene, where the fake sister is almost on the verge of massacring an innocent family. Thankfully the stars are favourable to the afflicted Bhargav family for the present. Rashmi and her dear ones are saved only by a chance remark, that all she saw were her brother-in-law's immigration details. The fake Ritika keeps down her gun, but not before we see evident relief on her face of not having to kill the innocents. Makes me pause and think, when push comes to shove, will this fake turn sympathetic? She seems to have developed a sort of kinship with her surrogate family.

She once again displays this connection later on, when some of the guests pass offensive comments regarding the Bhargav's decision to celebrate a dead person's birthday. Ritika asks, in a strong and confident voice, "Isn't Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru dead? Still we celebrate his birthday every year."

The fake Ritika (her name is Mehr, by the way!) alerts Shahana that Rashmi has doubts that Shantanu is in Mumbai. Shahana comes to know that Randeep has got the immigration details. Mehr tells her that she told Rashmi that Shantanu was planning to come to India, but at the last moment, his plans got cancelled; and perhaps there was some mistake at the immigration office paperwork. Shahana asks Mehr, whether Rashmi believed her; to which she replies, "Perhaps…" Shahana is not happy. She reprimands Mehr; there is no place for "perhaps" in their plans. She further informs Mehr that Randeep is the one who chased her. She warns Mehr that any mistake of theirs can reach Randeep through Rashmi. Mehr is instructed to leave such an impression of herself on the family so that there is no place for doubt. Once again, it is made clear that the Bhargav family is safe only so long as Mehr remains Ritika in their eyes.

At the party at the Bhargav's place, Mehr makes a few missteps. 1st when she fails to recognize old friends. But it is smoothed over. Admirable, the way she gained information by playing counterquestions; and amazing, how she emerged victorious by putting Rakesh's friend at a disadvantage.

The second slip was in front of Randeep himself. Unfortunately for Mehr, Randeep is not put off too easily. He is sure to remember this.

Loved that "society prejudice" bit at the party. Had suffered enough of that rubbish and is still suffering from it personally, that I absolutely cheered for Rashmi. Putlibai and Laxmibai… Values and Valour…

Distrust in the house!

Mastaana slips. Shahana notices. That scene too was kind of disturbing for me. A mother rocking and coochiee-cooing with her baby, the innocent apple of her eye. In between she is also pulling the strings of a macabre plot. She is about to recruit Mastaana to find Rinky. Poor jittery Mastaana says he doesn't keep company with bar dancers like Rinky. Shahana is nothing if not sharp. She is alerted… "Rinky is a bar dancer?" too late Mastaana pulls himself together. But he successfully saves himself for now… saying he deduced it from her look, dress and demeanor. Shahana is satisfied and also impressed by Mastaana's powers of observation. She gives Mastaana double responsibility. Of tracing Rinky, and also keeping an eye on Jeddah.

Jeddah has summoned Mastaana. The internal distrust is once more highlighted in this scenes. Loved, loved, loved this scene. Two men, one the big fish, and the other, the self acknowledged small fish, circling each other like two dogs contentious over a single bone. Jeddah wants to know what Shahana wanted with Mastaana; and Mastaana does not let on his secrets. I love Cabair… he was fantabulous.🤣 His witticisms were simply fabulous. All those sarcastic allusions to "Bhabhijee ka Dawat", and his acid remarks on the "mausam ki jaankaari" and the big fish needing the small as bait… I loved it! Masaana's retorts were significant too.

Mastaana – Rinky convo over the phone tells him that Rinky is getting impatient. Rinky threatens to sell the necklace herself and disappear taking his Nani with him. Mastaana overhears a henchman giving Jeddah Rinky's details. Mastaana goes into personal damage control mode. With the result that Rinky's former employer is murdered by Jeddah. Mastaana escapes for the moment.

Distrust is making its presence felt, no, it has strengthened its position in Shahana's fort. The infighting and the conflicting aims within the group just might foil her insane plans… at least I hope so.

Here is the potential for Shahana's downfall. She doesn't trust her own men. In the process, she pits them- one against the other. While this has certain advantages, it can prove costly for her too. It shifts and divides the men's individual focus.

Jeddah informs Shahana of the incident. For once he admits to his luck being bad.

Mastaana is not too happy about Jeddah escaping the shooting spree at the bar.

Shahana instructs Mastaana to shadow Jeddah.

But despite his hard work, Jeddah stumbles on to the Rinky-Mastaana connection.

The Focus of Attention

Scene shifts to the Bindaas girl and her adopted grandmother. The bar dancer has grown fond of Mastaana's Nani. Nice scene. Some things I noticed was the way Rinky was keeping the loot close to her the whole time. Also it brought out quite nicely the contrast between the impulsive outlook of the youth of today and the timeless wisdom and cautiousness of the older generation. While the former believes in the motto, "live today and think later!"; the older generation is more wary of new fangled ideas. Loved the dialogues her, especially Nani's seemingly innocent questions; methinks she was being sarcastic. Rinky is only human. She too commits mistakes. A potential one is made when she gloats about her ill-gotten gains to Nani. Nani is not too impressed. She may seem innocent and other-worldly; but she is wily enough to recognize thievery. Rinky once again uses word play to get out of the situation. But she still did not manage to convince Nani. Nani for the moment is keeping her own counsel.

What will be Rinky's fate? I am waiting breathlessly. I love this girl. and I want to know how she will fare pitted against Jeddah. What a combo!!!

That's it for now. Will be joining you later.

Thank you, so much for reading, commenting and liking…

For the sake of latecomers to this show, I had done a recap for the 1st week in the previous REDUX… the second week recap will be posted next Saturday.

Edited by sonshine - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tanthya thumbnail

Good Morning,

I was certain that the Maha Episode will be anything but Maha ...That it will be a series of scenes designed not to go anywhere ...But boy !! Was I wrong , well not totally wrong but yep..I was wrong...

The Maha Episode was aimed in projecting the  contrast between  Rashmi and Sha, It was created with an intent to showcase the metier of Rashmi to Randeep... It was designed to show the bias of Mehar *fake Ritika *  leading  her to commit  mistakes.. It was aimed at showing the hypocrisy prevalent in the society ...and  above all the story  made a move...

Rashmi and Sha.. bot the  figure heads of same coin, The coin of unexpected tragedy !! but how they reacted  to the tragedy shows the mettle of this girls, while one is propelled by her rage into  wrecking havoc within and with out  but the so called strong woman is not so strong after all, her emotions are fragile, torn between guilt ,  uncertainty in making her own decisions and relying on the words of a dead man  without being able to calibrate  the changed situation  into the equation , reacting to the situations rather than controlling them and emerging as mistress...The Other girl has  swallowed her grief, The rage has been channelized into making her family happy.. She has quietly and unassumingly taken the reins of running the family in her hands.. A soft spoken girl who will take on the world for the sake of her family ..A girl who looks towards the future !!

Mastana ...A Man in love, Deeply , helplessly in love...the proverbial cat on the hot tin roof who neither can jump down or stay up !!  Mallik had gauged him to be a loyal and trustworthy man and Mastana  IS a loyal and trustworthy man but who has gained his trust and loyalty ?? Certainly not  , Sha .. Mastana's loyalty lies with  Rinki and he will not hesitate to turn in Sha if things turn bleak for  Rinki and Mastana... All those talks about Shark, fishes, sea fish/Pond fish  made me wonder what kind of fish is Mastana and I thought why not a 'Sucker Mouth' .. A fish that attaches itself to Shark in the hope that  Sharks feeding frenzy will send enough flotsam its way ..A fish that cares about itself  and with no qualms will detach itself from main body if it thinks that the Shark has served its purpose !! ..A fish of deep waters, roaming around fearlessly, unnoticed by anyone, dwarfed by the size of shark  but always present  in every feed just like Mastana.

Randeep now knows that  Rashmi's BIL has made his appearance in India and there Shanatanu  has begun to get desperate  .. The Noose has just tightened a bit for Mehar while the danger has exacerbated for the Bhargava's...

A Note of appreciation to the  creative who showed the hypocrisy of the society thru Rashmi's Mausi !!  Yes, During  death's or any sad events one always says that ... Tragedy's, sadness are always part of life but one must not succumb to it and one lead a normal life for the sake of family BUT when we  do that, when we try to lead a normal life, How fast the finger raises in condemnation !! ..I particularly liked this sequence for it was not  forced nor seemed as if it was done to fill the  scenes..The discomfort, shock and outrage of the lady was constantly shown, her indignant face was  steadily beamed on to our screen and then we have her  outburst .. which was quite  sequential and logical..

BLOOPER :  Obviously, the terrorist gang  has only the footage of  the jewelry shop  *containing Rinki's fotos* ..So how come Jadda's henchman get Rinki in a green Suit ??

Rinki, The Bindas Girl  is finally the center of attraction !! The Boy friend is  calling her, the terrorist are hunting  for her , The Police are searching for her.. If Rinki has any idea  about how desperately she is sought after , She would do a Jig right there in front of Nani !..Who will find her first, Will an astute Rinki know that  she must lay all her cards on the table to the police or will she try to deal with the terrorist ..Will she be that cog which will jam the the smoothly running machinery of terrorism..??  Will her ethics and love overcome the shock  of knowing that her  Boy friend played traitor to their country or does she not care...

Edited by tanthya - 11 years ago
tanthya thumbnail

borreg thumbnail

I watched the Mahaepisode yesterday😃 and was mermerised again with the acting, editing and the way is story is moving forward.

Oh boy, I am falling in love with Jaddah and Rathod😆😆(shammi we need to fine a name for our gang)...

Cannot wait to watch today's episode...

Will Mastana be able to save Rinki now that Jaddah know about their relationship???

I have any seen any of the actors before (except for Adithi and the Bitto).   Such a talented bunch. do not get bored even for a millisecond...I am loving it

Thanks Tants Hun for bringing this to our notice😃
tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: borreg

I watched the Mahaepisode yesterday😃 and was mermerised again with the acting, editing and the way is story is moving forward.

Oh boy, I am falling in love with Jaddah and Rathod😆😆(shammi we need to fine a name for our gang)...

Cannot wait to watch today's episode...

Will Mastana be able to save Rinki now that Jaddah know about their relationship???

I have any seen any of the actors before (except for Adithi and the Bitto).   Such a talented bunch. do not get bored even for a millisecond...I am loving it

Thanks Tants Hun for bringing this to our notice😃

I agree, I was clearly expecting a non moving, yawn filled ME and what do we get , quite an engaging  3/4th and then the last bit simpy takes of vrooom !!   Not fair  on the pulse of girls brought up on SP's ME !!😆

Reggy...You are allowed to fall in love with Rathod and Jadda but ONLY from a distance 😡

My Pleasure, Reggy and I am happy that You are liking it...
vasiraju thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
so their was a ME for this serial 😲 😲..i don't Know ...on sun or sat ..i watched till Friday episode  where jhadda  was asked kill sahana  ...

tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sonshine

I started watching, prepared for a lot of filler scenes... obviously, it was a Mahaepisode... I was sure, they would'nt be giving us much content... but again, 2612 surprised me, and how!! what a good episode... even the filler scenes were watchable

OF VALOUR, VALUES AND VICE

I loved today's episode. It was packed with significance.

Started off with Rashmi spotting Shantanu's picture in Randeep's file. She is concerned. What I absolutely loved in this scene was that Rashmi here was absolutely real. Not at all daily soap like. She asks upfront what it was all about and also volunteers information. If only other heroines would take a lesson from her. Also loved that Randeep is all haste to reassure her. It is only a routine investigation, nothing to be worried about. As of now, Randeep knows that Shantanu is rashmi's brother-in-law, and he hasn't contacted his family after his arrival in India. He probably also knows Shantanu is a scientist. How long before he connects the dots.

The Beginning of the Unveiling

Rashmi and Mittoo reach home. Rashmi again is upfront and honest. She confronts her sister. A chilling scene, where the fake sister is almost on the verge of massacring an innocent family. Thankfully the stars are favourable to the afflicted Bhargav family for the present. Rashmi and her dear ones are saved only by a chance remark, that all she saw were her brother-in-law's immigration details. The fake Ritika keeps down her gun, but not before we see evident relief on her face of not having to kill the innocents. Makes me pause and think, when push comes to shove, will this fake turn sympathetic? She seems to have developed a sort of kinship with her surrogate family.

She once again displays this connection later on, when some of the guests pass offensive comments regarding the Bhargav's decision to celebrate a dead person's birthday. Ritika asks, in a strong and confident voice, "Isn't Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru dead? Still we celebrate his birthday every year."

The fake Ritika (her name is Mehr, by the way!) alerts Shahana that Rashmi has doubts that Shantanu is in Mumbai. Shahana comes to know that Randeep has got the immigration details. Mehr tells her that she told Rashmi that Shantanu was planning to come to India, but at the last moment, his plans got cancelled; and perhaps there was some mistake at the immigration office paperwork. Shahana asks Mehr, whether Rashmi believed her; to which she replies, "Perhaps'" Shahana is not happy. She reprimands Mehr; there is no place for "perhaps" in their plans. She further informs Mehr that Randeep is the one who chased her. She warns Mehr that any mistake of theirs can reach Randeep through Rashmi. Mehr is instructed to leave such an impression of herself on the family so that there is no place for doubt. Once again, it is made clear that the Bhargav family is safe only so long as Mehr remains Ritika in their eyes.

At the party at the Bhargav's place, Mehr makes a few missteps. 1st when she fails to recognize old friends. But it is smoothed over. Admirable, the way she gained information by playing counterquestions; and amazing, how she emerged victorious by putting Rakesh's friend at a disadvantage.

The second slip was in front of Randeep himself. Unfortunately for Mehr, Randeep is not put off too easily. He is sure to remember this.

Loved that "society prejudice" bit at the party. Had suffered enough of that rubbish and is still suffering from it personally, that I absolutely cheered for Rashmi. Putlibai and Laxmibai' Values and Valour'

Distrust in the house!

Mastaana slips. Shahana notices. That scene too was kind of disturbing for me. A mother rocking and coochiee-cooing with her baby, the innocent apple of her eye. In between she is also pulling the strings of a macabre plot. She is about to recruit Mastaana to find Rinky. Poor jittery Mastaana says he doesn't keep company with bar dancers like Rinky. Shahana is nothing if not sharp. She is alerted' "Rinky is a bar dancer?" too late Mastaana pulls himself together. But he successfully saves himself for now' saying he deduced it from her look, dress and demeanor. Shahana is satisfied and also impressed by Mastaana's powers of observation. She gives Mastaana double responsibility. Of tracing Rinky, and also keeping an eye on Jeddah.

Jeddah has summoned Mastaana. The internal distrust is once more highlighted in this scenes. Loved, loved, loved this scene. Two men, one the big fish, and the other, the self acknowledged small fish, circling each other like two dogs contentious over a single bone. Jeddah wants to know what Shahana wanted with Mastaana; and Mastaana does not let on his secrets. I love Cabair' he was fantabulous.🤣 His witticisms were simply fabulous. All those sarcastic allusions to "Bhabhijee ka Dawat", and his acid remarks on the "mausam ki jaankaari" and the big fish needing the small as bait' I loved it! Masaana's retorts were significant too.

Mastaana ' Rinky convo over the phone tells him that Rinky is getting impatient. Rinky threatens to sell the necklace herself and disappear taking his Nani with him. Mastaana overhears a henchman giving Jeddah Rinky's details. Mastaana goes into personal damage control mode. With the result that Rinky's former employer is murdered by Jeddah. Mastaana escapes for the moment.

Distrust is making its presence felt, no, it has strengthened its position in Shahana's fort. The infighting and the conflicting aims within the group just might foil her insane plans' at least I hope so.

Here is the potential for Shahana's downfall. She doesn't trust her own men. In the process, she pits them- one against the other. While this has certain advantages, it can prove costly for her too. It shifts and divides the men's individual focus.

Jeddah informs Shahana of the incident. For once he admits to his luck being bad.

Mastaana is not too happy about Jeddah escaping the shooting spree at the bar.

Shahana instructs Mastaana to shadow Jeddah.

But despite his hard work, Jeddah stumbles on to the Rinky-Mastaana connection.

The Focus of Attention

Scene shifts to the Bindaas girl and her adopted grandmother. The bar dancer has grown fond of Mastaana's Nani. Nice scene. Some things I noticed was the way Rinky was keeping the loot close to her the whole time. Also it brought out quite nicely the contrast between the impulsive outlook of the youth of today and the timeless wisdom and cautiousness of the older generation. While the former believes in the motto, "live today and think later!"; the older generation is more wary of new fangled ideas. Loved the dialogues her, especially Nani's seemingly innocent questions; methinks she was being sarcastic. Rinky is only human. She too commits mistakes. A potential one is made when she gloats about her ill-gotten gains to Nani. Nani is not too impressed. She may seem innocent and other-worldly; but she is wily enough to recognize thievery. Rinky once again uses word play to get out of the situation. But she still did not manage to convince Nani. Nani for the moment is keeping her own counsel.

What will be Rinky's fate? I am waiting breathlessly. I love this girl. and I want to know how she will fare pitted against Jeddah. What a combo!!!

That's it for now. Will be joining you later.

Thank you, so much for reading, commenting and liking'

For the sake of latecomers to this show, I had done a recap for the 1st week in the previous REDUX' the second week recap will be posted next Saturday.

Ohh..I loved the  Dawat scene of jadda..Cabir brings in the right  amount of witticism and jociality.. somehow he makes Jadda human despite the underlying menace ...

My question is why is Jadda always shown in a ware house, why don't we see him in his house ..Plus would it kill the CV's  were they to show jadda in denims/jeans or casual pants ...

Loved Ur tak Appu ... YOU ARE BACK !!
tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vasiraju

so their was a ME for this serial 😲 😲..i don't Know ...on sun or sat ..i watched till Friday episode  where jhadda  was asked kill sahana  ...

It was on Sunday re ..and  for an ME..it was really good ..😃
vasiraju thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tanthya

It was on Sunday re ..and  for an ME..it was really good ..😃

Thank you sathya  i am watching it 😳..will chat with you on ME soon 😃
tanthya thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vasiraju

Thank you sathya  i am watching it 😳..will chat with you on ME soon 😃

Sirf Chat !! when are u going to write , Bey!!