Random Potterings!!!

Posted: 11 years ago
Hellooo...Mein aa gai😛

And Since we are all so deeply immersed in this world, that there are bound to be randomest of musings that occur in our head...May be when we go page to page or screen to screen...i.e... read books or watch movies...For me ...reading the books actually opened a lot of avenues and some thoughts That I am bursting to discuss with you guys...nothing specific...We are already discussing the books chapter wise in Damiiini's thread...but these ones are real random things...and out of hte blue...in no specific order...

So please join in...anything..that occurred to you, that is troubling you,  questions, even Head cannons are welcome😃
Dumbledore - Hermione :

And NO I am NOT shippiing them together😆 because it is a trend to ship Hermione with EVERYBODY! Even Blaise Zabini!!

I am talking about the utter faith Hermione has on Dummbledore. It is so heart touching that she is the only one, who NEVER doubts him...She keeps on pestering Harry to close his mind, even though the guy was having a herculean task for it, because Dumbledore wanted him to.
She was apprehensive when Dobby told Harry about the Room of Requirement, but when Harry told her that Dumbledore had mentioned in passing, she calms down, even though Dumbledore himself never actually knew that it was the Room of Requirement he was referring to.

Even when Snape had been mistreating the golden trio like anything, she refused to mistrust him, because Dumbledore trusted him.
At the bleakest of times in the DH, when the trio were completely helpless and clueless, she refused to doubt Dumbledore, even though Harry did...

""He loved you," Hermione whispered. "I know he loved you."
Harry dropped his arms.
"I don't know who he loved, Hermione, but it was never me. This isn't love, the
mess he's left me in. He shared a damn sight more of what he was really thinking with
Gellert Grindelwald than he ever shared with me."
Harry picked up Hermione's wand, which he had dropped in the snow, and sat
back down in the entrance of the tent.
"Thanks for the tea. I'll finish the watch. You get back in the warm."
She hesitated, but recognized the dismissal. She picked up the book and then walked
back past him into the tent, but as she did so, she brushed the top of his head lightly with
her hand. He closed his eyes at her touch, and hated himself for wishing that what she
said was true: that Dumbledore had really cared."

It is more interesting because unlike Harry, Hermione hardly ever had a one to one chat with Dumbledore, The only significant ones I remember is during the Prizoner of Azkaban when Dumbledore was telling her to use the time turner...but Harry was right there when he did...and the second one is just a mention by Hermione when she comes to Grimauld Place after Arthur Weasly is attacked...
""I came on the Knight Bus," said Hermione airily, pulling off her jacket before Harry had time to
speak. "Dumbledore told me what had happened first thing this morning, but I had to wait for
term to end officially before setting off. Umbridge is already livid that you lot disappeared right
under her nose, even though Dumbledore told her Mr. Weasley was in St. Mungo's and he'd
given you all permission to visit. So'" "

...But still it was as if she trusted Dumbledore, she read his mind and his wishes through Harry's words and faithfully followed it...

Interesting...atleast to me😃

Edited by -Srushti- - 11 years ago
^Lovely thread. I agree with all that u said. I adore n love hermione to the T. She not only has brains for topping the exams, but knows how to use them in the face of dismay n danger, carefully connecting the dots n trying to draw a rational n practical picture. Harry would have completely been lost w/o hermione in DH.
Completely agree with everything said .

Can't think of anything specific now, but will surely share when I do ðŸ˜Š.
Wow, you know I never thought about that. I mean I know that Hermione was always loyal to Dumbledore, but it never occurred to me that they hardly had any conversations at all. I don't really remember how it happened in the book, but in the movie it was actually Hermione who first installed their (the trio) faith in Dumbledore, when they figured out it was Voldemort in the forest, she was the one to say that as long as Dumbledore was there, they were all safe. 

Awesome post and I totally agree with what you said about Hermoine and Dumbledore. I will share my musings soon.
gr8 post
i never really thought about hermione and dumbeldore  but it makes sense.
Edited by Fawkes - 11 years ago
Originally posted by -varun-

^Lovely thread. I agree with all that u said. I adore n love hermione to the T. She not only has brains for topping the exams, but knows how to use them in the face of dismay n danger, carefully connecting the dots n trying to draw a rational n practical picture. Harry would have completely been lost w/o hermione in DH.

Varun...Ditto...I too love Hermione...The way she is ...strong yet compassionate, loyal, balanced, opinionated and beautiful...she is not a tom boy...but she is not a clinging girly too...she is perfect!!!
both of them would have been nothing without Hermione!
Mione...Please do...We can pitch in and make the thread run

@Sapna...you are right!! it was Hermione who had a word of comfort for Harry ...in the books too...it was the same

@Shreya ...waiting for your musings😃
@ Fawkes...yes..they are not much explored...but still they thought too much on the same line😊

Remus Lupin - The lone Marauder

I actually always loved how JK emphasised on the politeness of Lupin. He was thoughtful and very courteous. But I always wondered how he must have survived all those years before he returned to Hogwarts.
Imagine this boy, bit by a werewolf, having no friends, knowing that he CANNOT have friends...and then he suddenly finds himself in Hogwarts, Courtesy to the good headmaster, Dumbledoor.
And then he finds friends...supremely popular, and superemely talented James and Sirius and a tagging along Peter. They not only make his life fun and worth living...but teach him that friends would be with him no matter what he was...turn themselves into big animals...so they could give him company as anigmus when he turned into werewolves...turning his worst times into the best times of his life...
he has themm and also Lily  who accepts him in his husband's life...life could not have been better...
And then suddenly Voldemort strikes...
just imagine...Just like Harry, Remus lost everything that night...his one best friend died...the other allegedly killed the third one (Sirius rumoured to killl Peter) ...and also betrayed his best friends...

Suddenly one stroke and he was left dangling on the loose end...every good thing in his world destroyed...he did not know where to go...whom to trust...his best friend betrayed his best friends...their house destroyed ...his safe and happy sanctuary destroyed...

I actually do respect that still he was the most considerate and polite person...who never sweared...never spoke random hurtful things...I still remember how he was politely letting Hermione ask questions in the shrieking shack..even though he was right in between a potential killer and a mad man...and three wild teenageers...not to mention the advent of his arch enemy Snape...

and then again...he was to leave Hogwarts, found about Peter's betrayal...and also saw his last best friend Sirius die...though he married Tonks ...Makes me so sad for him...that when he actually and finally got the chance to be happy, he was killed!!!!
Edited by -Srushti- - 11 years ago