Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by muzzy_sk

We actually dun noe whether to comment it as we agree or not. So Stating our POV.

Indian shows have always been too unnecssarily dramatic. This is the sole reason why we don't follow any show regularly except for 1 now. It comes hard too see nonsensical stuff on TV. Daily bases shows are boring.N we love American shows *never watched TVD though* but changing Indian shows..pata nhi. Firstly, some people will totally get angry for some reasons and bash production. Thus TRP rtes going down the frain n blah blah. Secondly people may loose interest. As you said ki epis will become more substancial. Hmm. Maybe. Hope we made some sense here :D

And as for the romantic angle for our Indian shows, 'dupatta-udding and girl falling' ke shiva kuch nhi hota hai yanha :D *had to mention this, JLT :D*

-Shreya and Kanishtha

Hmm...nicely balanced & a well thought out reply.Me likes 😉 Cliched overdramatic content has been ruling Indian TV since the the days of glory of Kekta Maa's K serials.Unfortunately...that is what people lap up.Hopefully sometime in the future Channels will be gutsy enough to experiment with this idea.
Glad you brought up this discussion Shaz! :)

I love Indian shows, but these extended eye locks and touch-touch-hawa-hawa-blink-blink totally kill my mood! That is why I stopped watching TBP as much too! I only watch when there is more of an action scene then romance! As I always said, they ruined KiSha for me.

Though there are differences between US shows and Indian shows. I watch ALOT of American shows (Not TVD types.) I watch more on the REAL storyline shows like White Collar, Covert Affairs and Sherlock Holmes.And even Big Bang Theory! 

And TBP seemed to go on that track until romance came in the middle. I mean come on! THEY ARE 17! They are 11th graders! Do they really have to go through this "Ishq Wala Love" phase? Save it for college dude! I like it better when they are planning on pranks, or planning on project or whatever. This is their age to have FUN! Not fall in love -__-

So you see? I think the main reason the show has gone bad is viewer's demand to see romantic factor. I totally loved Kiya for what she did in today's episode, because that is what teenagers do! Get angry and do irrational things! And well, I loved it! 😆

So daily soaps isn't the problem, problem is not being able to put the story through without dragging. And honestly, I would rather watch it once a week then watch lame drags.

Do I make any sense? 🤣 I think I went off-topic AGAIN!
i think that the look look takes half the epi its quite boring but still viewers get into it it is a way the stretch it
daily soaps is a very common think some people dont like it so that the other viewers dont get bored they put reality shows and movies

Very interesting topic, actually me and my cousin had a talk on the same topic last week.

I support seasonal shows because I think seasonal shows will always have an air of freshness in it. In the case of our daily soaps almost all of them starts off with gripping and innovative concepts but after some time the writers lose track and are out of ideas and all these shows comes back to the clichd tracks. And we can't blame the CVs or writers because I don't think anyone can manage to create fresh plots for 4 or 5 years continuously. While in seasonal shows the writers get a break and come up with innovative ideas for each new season and the actors too won't get tired of playing the same role continuously..

So I would really love it if ma fav shows become seasonal and thus save them from being boring and dragging. But in India people are used to daily soaps and I really doubt whether the concept of seasonal shows will work here.

Edited by sajan_kisha - 11 years ago
Great topic Shaz!
Personally I prefer seasonal.
I don't mind the wait if the show is interesting.
Seasonal is safe for the actors as well.
They are not over worked and will be able to give their best.
I wish in the future some PH, CV's will have the guts to come up with this.

@Prachi- Agreed love shouldn't have been the main track.