Disgusted at the rape incident! --KJO - Page 23

Posted: 11 years ago
Delhi gangrape: PM's wife seeks severe punishment for guilty

New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's wife Gursharan Kaur on Monday expressed her outrage at the gang-rape of a young girl in a moving bus in the capital Dec 16 and called for severe punishment to the guilty.

Joining those who have been expressing their anguish at the incident, Gursharan Kaur said there was need of fast-track courts to deal with such cases.

"We all are very sad at this incident...This is a horrible crime...Such incident need to be condemned in the strongest possible way," she said on the sidelines of a function here.

Gursharan Kaur also said any protest against the incident should be peaceful as it will yield more results.

Gursharan Kaur also said any protest against the incident should be peaceful as it will yield more results.

Widespread protests held across Hubli against Delhi gang rape

Hubli: Opposing the horrendous gang rape of a young girl in Delhi last week, students from various colleges and members of women associations staged protest rallies across the city on Monday. 
Hundreds of students and women took out a rally from Indira Glass House to tahshildar office through the main roads like Channamma Circle urging the authorities to hang the culprits involved in the gang rape. 
They vented their anger by shouting slogans condemning the incident and demandedimmediate action against the culprits. 
Students from Mahila Vidya Peetha, Kasturba Balikashram, Women's PU College and other colleges, and women from Pragati Mahila Mandal, Suvarna Ladies Club, Nagamma Tayi Mahila Mandal, Kamakshi

Mahila Mandal, Hasya Pariwar and other women's organizations and the public supported the rally and condemned the Delhi incident. 
The protesters submitted a memorandum to Hubli tahshildar.
Delhi gangrape victim critical, but conscious and communicating: doctors

The condition of the Dec 16 gangrape victim has worsened due to internal bleeding but her vital parameters remain stable, doctors said on Monday.

"Her condition is bad and serious compared to yesterday (Sunday) due to internal bleeding," PK Verma, ICU in-charge at the Safdarjung Hospital, told reporters.

Verma said the good part is that despite internal bleeding, her white blood cell count and platelet count remain stable.

"She continues to be critical but her kidneys are making urine and lungs are fine. She is conscious and communicating," he said.

Verma said that internal bleeding was due to infection and fresh blood plasma was injected.

"Her condition has deteriorated ... She is very serious, very critical and still not out of danger," added one of the doctors attending to her at the hospital.

BD Athani, medical superintendent of Safdarjung Hospital, said the victim Sunday night developed tendency for internal bleeding and now has reduced capacity for coagulation.

"Her bilirubin level has decreased to 5.5 and her lycolyte count is 6,000. These parameters are after supplementation of platelets. She continues to remain on ventilator. She is not as good as yesterday and she is para sick. She is running fever of 102 to 104," he said.

"This is because of sepsis and it is a matter of serious concern," he said.

"The victim was subjected to psychiatric counselling on Monday. Her parents were also given counselling. In that, it was found that the victim was relatively composed and that she neither showed anxiety or depression," Athani added.

She was also administered another four bottles of platelet-rich plasma.

Doctors said the bleeding was because of sepsis, a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure, which still remain a cause of "major concern" as far as the girl's health is concerned.

Athani said they have not made an effort to put the girl off ventilator because of her condition and noted that she was running fever of 102 degrees to 104 degrees.

The girl was subjected to psychiatric counselling this morning along with her parents. Dr Rastogi of the psychology department said despite her fragile body condition, the girl is "relatively composed".

"She has not shown any anxiety or depression," he said.

PK Verma, ICU in-charge at the Safdarjung Hospital, said she is "very serious, very critical" and still "not out of danger".

I pray the girl gets better. 😒

Regarding Kamal's comments, I don't think they were bad. I am against capital punishment too so I agree with him on principle though I probably would've worded my sentiments differently.
So proud of these two girls👍🏼...and kudos to the Mahila Police of Patna👍🏼

Home | More Sections | Scorecard | Most Read | Videos | mPaper | Apps

Boys not behaving? This helpline helps

Dec 26, 2012, 06.25AM IST TNN[ Sayantanee Choudhury ]

PATNA: God helps those who help themselves, they say. But in Patna, the city cops also seem ready to help those girls who are ready to help themselves. They are just a call away. Ring Helpline number 9470001390, in case you are in trouble.

The Mahila Thana's claim came true on Monday night when two 'dabang' (gutsy) girls of the city went to watch the movie 'Dabangg 2' in the night show and they encountered a group of hooligans who had started passing vulgar remarks after almost every scene in the film. Instead of getting scared, the girls called the helpline number and the five guys were taken to Patliputra police station where they had to cool their heels overnight only to be released on Tuesday after signing personal bonds.

As it happened, Naina and Anandi (name changed) could not find time to watch the movie in daytime due to their busy schedule. "We went for the 8.45pm show believing that the crowd would be better than in other city cinema halls," said Anandi.

"We preferred two corner seats in the second row from the top. It was a group of five young boys who were seated in the last row. As soon as the show began, they started changing their seats and moving near us because some other seats were vacant," recounted Anandi.

"It became intolerable as they kept on shouting whenever any romantic scene appeared on the screen and it was impossible to hear even the dialogues," Naina said.

"Initially, we had some heated arguments with the guys but they were so shameless that our words only humoured them. They started passing vulgar comments and even pushing our seats from the back," said Anandi.

"That made us bold and headstrong. Had it been any other girls they would have changed their seats. But we decided to take them head-on. I had the helpline number of Patna Mahila police station saved in my mobile phone. I simply sent a message to the helpline number mentioning our exact location, seat number and the problem. At that time I had no idea that it would work wonders," said Naina, adding, "A lady called me to confirm the complaint and within 15 minutes, cops from Patliputra police station, including its SHO P Bharti, reached the spot. He asked the boys about their misdemeanour but they simply refuted the allegation."

Anandi said, "Naina went out of the auditorium and talked to the SHO who patiently listened to her and took out the hooligans. We both identified them but, instead of fearing the cops, they started arguing with us. We wondered how these guys could dare confront us in front of the cops!"

At around 11.30pm I got another call from the Mahila police station SHO, Mridula Kumari. She thanked us and said, "Itna information hi koi humlogo ko nahin dete hain."

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/patna/Boys-not-behaving-This-helpline-helps/articleshow/17763533.cms

Originally posted by blue-ice

So proud of these two girls👍🏼...and kudos to the Mahila Police of Patna👍🏼

Home | More Sections | Scorecard | Most Read | Videos | mPaper | Apps

Boys not behaving? This helpline helps

Dec 26, 2012, 06.25AM IST TNN[ Sayantanee Choudhury ]

PATNA: God helps those who help themselves, they say. But in Patna, the city cops also seem ready to help those girls who are ready to help themselves. They are just a call away. Ring Helpline number 9470001390, in case you are in trouble.

The Mahila Thana's claim came true on Monday night when two 'dabang' (gutsy) girls of the city went to watch the movie 'Dabangg 2' in the night show and they encountered a group of hooligans who had started passing vulgar remarks after almost every scene in the film. Instead of getting scared, the girls called the helpline number and the five guys were taken to Patliputra police station where they had to cool their heels overnight only to be released on Tuesday after signing personal bonds.

As it happened, Naina and Anandi (name changed) could not find time to watch the movie in daytime due to their busy schedule. "We went for the 8.45pm show believing that the crowd would be better than in other city cinema halls," said Anandi.

"We preferred two corner seats in the second row from the top. It was a group of five young boys who were seated in the last row. As soon as the show began, they started changing their seats and moving near us because some other seats were vacant," recounted Anandi.

"It became intolerable as they kept on shouting whenever any romantic scene appeared on the screen and it was impossible to hear even the dialogues," Naina said.

"Initially, we had some heated arguments with the guys but they were so shameless that our words only humoured them. They started passing vulgar comments and even pushing our seats from the back," said Anandi.

"That made us bold and headstrong. Had it been any other girls they would have changed their seats. But we decided to take them head-on. I had the helpline number of Patna Mahila police station saved in my mobile phone. I simply sent a message to the helpline number mentioning our exact location, seat number and the problem. At that time I had no idea that it would work wonders," said Naina, adding, "A lady called me to confirm the complaint and within 15 minutes, cops from Patliputra police station, including its SHO P Bharti, reached the spot. He asked the boys about their misdemeanour but they simply refuted the allegation."

Anandi said, "Naina went out of the auditorium and talked to the SHO who patiently listened to her and took out the hooligans. We both identified them but, instead of fearing the cops, they started arguing with us. We wondered how these guys could dare confront us in front of the cops!"

At around 11.30pm I got another call from the Mahila police station SHO, Mridula Kumari. She thanked us and said, "Itna information hi koi humlogo ko nahin dete hain."

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/patna/Boys-not-behaving-This-helpline-helps/articleshow/17763533.cms

thanks...after being upset all day, I found a reason to smile thanks to this news item. Am praying and hoping for a day when immediate action to curtail lady harassment can become a norm.