Disgusted at the rape incident! --KJO - Page 9

Posted: 11 years ago
Two arrested in Delhi gangrape case, doctors say ' never seen such brutality'

The 23-year-old gangrape victim is battling for life in New Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital. She has severe genital, abdominal and head injuries. Doctors treating her claimed the woman, who is on ventilator support in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital, is "very critical".

Late Monday, police claim to have arrested two accused in the rape case even as doctors claiming they had never seen a victim of sexual assault subjected to "such brutality".

TV reports suggest third arrest has been made in the case.

"We performed several life-saving procedures on her within an hour of her being brought to the hospital around 3am. Her injuries were severe and she has lost a lot of blood," said a senior doctor at the hospital.

The victim had reportedly lost nearly a litre of blood and had severe internal injuries.

"Her intestines are damaged; the blood supply to her intestines has been severed. It looks like she was assaulted by a blunt object as her face also bore injury marks," said the doctor.

The life-saving surgery lasted for more than four hours in the morning. Doctors tried to repair her intestines and other damaged organs and tissues.

"Her injuries are fatal. Though we are pumping her with the strongest of antibiotics possible, sooner or later gangrene is bound to set in. She is in a very bad shape," the doctor added.

The medical staff present at the hospital, when she was brought in, described her condition as "horrifying".

"She was in a pool of blood but conscious. There was blood all over her face. I cannot even imagine the agonising pain she must be in," said a nursing assistant in the hospital who wished to remain anonymous.

Sources in the hospital told Hindustan Times that it seemed at least four people were involved in the crime, as different semen samples were found on her.

The victim, who is a paramedical student, was doing internship at one of the private hospitals in the city.

Twitterati reacts
@namitabhandare -- 4 arrests are not enough. Cancelling the bus owner's licence is not enough. He should be arrested, made culpable too. Need fast-track trial (as in Guwahati), max punishment to deter future crimes against women #DelhiRape

@Snaggletooth_00 -- A separate crime cell in each state, specifically to deal with rape. Separate courts, separate laws. Drastic? Well, it's time.

@Prakash_Sharma -- Of course police can't be everywhere. But there has to be a fear of law. That has to be omnipresent. #DelhiRape

@anushreekejriwa -- Wake up to see the TL filled with a gang rape news in #Delhi. I wish Mayans stand corrected for the sake of us girls in this city.

@iCASumit -- "Gang Rape in Moving Bus in Posh-area of Delhi" Each word of that sentence is a mockery of evolution of human civilisation.

@KhabariGirl-Repeated #Delhirape is a clear cut example on political unwillingness towards law enforcement in Delhi. #DelhiIsNot4Women

@iamvishalchopra-- We touch mothers feet at home and then outrage a girl's modesty outside! #delhiRape

@nehamahendra6 -- Girls should stop 'exposing',eating junk food, speaking and stepping out of their homes. Then rapes will reduce no? #DelhiRape

https://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/Popup/2012/12/18_12_pg1a.jpg
2012 may hit a new high in rape cases

It was in the year 2005 that Delhi earned the dubious tag of 'rape capital' when the number of rape cases reached a record high — 660 in a year. The police took a number of measures and as a result the cases came down to 452 in 2009. But rape cases are again on the rise and for the first 
time in six years the number has crossed the 600-mark this year.

Till December 15 this year, 635 cases of rape were registered across the city and despite the fact that there are still 15 days left for the month, the number of rape cases are highest in six years.

Cases of molestation have also seen a rise as 653 cases were reported in 2011 against 601 cases in 2010.

Defending their position, the police claimed that in majority of the rape cases the victims are known to the accused and thus, it is difficult to prevent the crime.

"Another important factor about rape and molestation cases is that in most incidents, the accused are known to the victim or her family. In all the rape cases (except 14) reported in 2011, the accused were known to the victim and had committed the crime for the first time," a senior police officer said. 

Another senior officer claimed that in order to enhance confidence of the public, especially women, special measures have been introduced. "These include creation of predominantly women staffed police stations at north and south campuses and deployment of PCR vans near girls colleges," he added.

There is also a women's help desk at every police station and at regular intervals, the DCP — who is also the nodal officer — conducts self-defence training for women.

According to National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB), in 94 per cent of the rape cases across the country, the offenders were known to the victims and 10.6 per cent rape victims were under 14 years, while 19 per cent were teenagers.

Rape incidents scare the hell out of me////the more i read these news the more i get frightend/// i so pity that girl//may god bless her and gives strength///😔 Edited by Ikasha - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Shreya_luvs

@nehamahendra6 -- Girls should stop 'exposing',eating junk food, speaking and stepping out of their homes. Then rapes will reduce no? #DelhiRape

https://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/Popup/2012/12/18_12_pg1a.jpg

Oh dear 🥱
the bas***ds should rot in hell .these assholes dont deserve to live just castrate and kill them 2 of the assholes r still absconding 
Delhi is the worst city when it comes to safety of the women .the brutal rape incident happened on Sunday and the very next day an AAj tak reporter (female) who was covering the report on the same place was eve teased by some sick bas***ds who ran when they noticed cameras had her male colleagues not accompanying her  god knows what would have happened .Thats Delhi for u  
and that rascal commissioner says u need to have file  FIR before action can be taken against those bas***ds .these people r no less than those offenders sick pathetic people should rot in hell🤢 
Edited by HakunaMatata_94 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by NadzGirl...

Oh dear 🥱

I don't know how to react. Be shocked, be scared, be angry, or just be...
The imagination of the real incident, what exactly happened with that girl makes me give goosebumbs, am sure they were psychopaths after raping what they did to her is just so insane and disturbing. Her intestines and abdomens are damaged, she is critical and even if she lives what kind of life she will have, only in pain and mental trauma. being a girl it scares me from inside, fighting for her life, what the pain she must have went through when it must be happening. I have no trust in the police, some of them are like if they get a chance they will start raping girls. Pathetic!
@Shreya
I know and I feel quite numb. Another gurl's life is destroyed... 
Originally posted by NadzGirl...

@Shreya
I know and I feel quite numb. Another gurl's life is destroyed... 

Here it has become quite common to hear the case of another sexual assault on a certain university campus. At least once a month it happens. And every month I think...poor girl, why the hell doesn't the campus improve their security, and then *******.
Guys can any one of you give give me the link to the thread of this topic.. Am from mobile so its not possible for me to search for it.