Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P

Posted: 11 years ago
Living in Delhi, I can't move out of my house without having my family tensed somewhere along the back of their minds till I return back home in one piece. So much for living in the world's largest democracy. All those proclamations in Article 19 about freedom of movement, life and personal liberty seem like something merely meant for students studying law to cram and reproduce in examinations. Nothing beyond that.

Since yesterday, I've literally been in depression after this incident. I was out and my father insisted on picking me up instead of letting me use the metro. And beyond fear, I've seen people around me in so much anger. For the first time in their lives, citizens here are ashamed to be Delhiites. The incident was horrifying!

OMG Really?😲 This Is Such Bad News Poor Girl I hope These RAPER Get Such  punishment By Govrment  after That EveryOne will think 100 Time before Doing such thing agine

Edited by RishBala4ever - 11 years ago
I know there are many Delhites like myself here and we're all enraged and disgusted. Hence posting.. please spread this through your FB/Twitter/BBM/Whatsapp/Textmsgs and PLEASE COME and JOIN and give your support... thankyou -

We are organising a protest march called #SAVE WOMEN, SAVE INDIA#
VENUE: INDIA GATE
DATE AND DAY: 22nd DEC, SATURDAY
TIMINGS : 9 am onwards

#safety for women#
Now dis is something important ppl. We all keep on broadcasting silly party messages all the time, time to bc this important msg.
This innocent girl who has been raped needs our help, I don't know her, neither do u, but its time to show all the bas***ds dat we all are together.
This isn't for ds case nly, I am sure such incidents n may b even worse thngs will happen even in d future.

Please be der, no passes, no money, we aren't asking for anything, we just want ur support, bring ur friends, family and show d world dt INDIA is still a united country who respects women d most.
I am sure u all guys have female frnds, sisters, 
SAVE THEM, SUPPORT THEM
And grls come stand for urself now.
Bc this msg to as many as people u can, we gotta make ds HUGE

Hollaback! Chandigarh
11 minutes ago  
A request to everyone in Delhi and the rest of the country- 
Please speak up! This is not the time to stay quiet and do nothing. 

Join the following protests and make your voice heard - 

19 December ? 11.00 AM ? In front of ITO Police Head Quarters

19 December ? 12.30 PM - at Chief Minister Sheila Dixit's house, 3 Motilal Place. Gather at Claridges Hotel near Race Course Metro station

19 December ? 5.00 PM ? India Gate (https://www.facebook.com/events/120378174795019/)

21 December ? 10.00 AM ? EVERYWHERE (https://www.facebook.com/events/550912308252559)
Edited by -aakanksha- - 11 years ago

We have had several debates on rape in Debate Mansion and other sections. The biggest problem I find is that the culture in India seems to be one of "don't get raped" instead of "do not rape". My jaw drops in disbelief whenever I hear politicians and cops making comments like "girls should stay at home" "her short dress was asking for it" "she drank and hung out with boys, clearly a s**t". We definitely are suffering a rape epidemic in India. Every few months we get the news of some horrifying gang rape. Even everyday life is an ordeal with all the eve teasing, groping and sexual harassment. In terms of women's safety and rights, India has a long way to go. Our country needs a serious attitude makeover when it comes to women. Stop making excuses and strictly punish the offenders.

I hate to say it, but life and death sentence is kindness to the rapists. They need to be publicly castrated with a cheese grater.

Edited by return_to_hades - 11 years ago
My blood was boiling when I read about it..what a cruel world. Such cruel people deserve punishment and court cases should not be dragged🥱. 
Im ashamed to be a Delhiite & scared to be a woman.
I am a guy but this news disturbed me alot.. Poor Innocent Girl.. Those victims should be hanged till death.. Or if it is there worst punishment then hang so they deserves that..  ðŸ¤¢ Haram Zaade ! ðŸ¤¢Edited by Pentaminous. - 11 years ago
WHAT is going on in the world? Shooting in US, Rapes in Delhi... My parents won't let me sit in the car alone now after the shootings.. Before, i could sit in the car for hours till they shopped (seeing that I hate shopping) 

World gone bad.. I hope none has to go through this and everyone stay safe 🤗

-Khushi.
Originally posted by -aakanksha-

We are organising a protest march called #SAVE WOMEN, SAVE INDIA#
VENUE: INDIA GATE
DATE AND DAY: 22nd DEC, SATURDAY
TIMINGS : 9 am onwards

I won't be in town but all my friends from school and college are going. This has to be a success. It's so sad that these rapists can continue with their lives after 7 years (sometimes even lesser) while the victim continues cursing her existence

Originally posted by return_to_hades

We have had several debates on rape in Debate Mansion and other sections. The biggest problem I find is that the culture in India seems to be one of "don't get raped" instead of "do not get raped". My jaw drops in disbelief whenever I hear politicians and cops making comments like "girls should stay at home" "her short dress was asking for it" "she drank and hung out with boys, clearly a s**t". We definitely are suffering a rape epidemic in India. Every few months we get the news of some horrifying gang rape. Even everyday life is an ordeal with all the eve teasing, groping and sexual harassment. In terms of women's safety and rights, India has a long way to go. Our country needs a serious attitude makeover when it comes to women. Stop making excuses and strictly punish the offenders.

I hate to say it, but life and death sentence is kindness to the rapists. They need to be publicly castrated with a cheese grater.

My blood BOILS every time the girl is blamed for getting raped and 'calling it upon herself'. She can't wear what she wants for the fear that it might set of some testosterone-ridden man's sexual desires. Whatever happened to sensitivity? It's so shameful to have Delhi being called as the Rape Capital