Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P - Page 177

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Siberian_Pigeon

I mean things to happen.It just that in our countries,you are ensured justice no matter who you are.😳

I know. I amazed to see to extent and how frequently it happens. 3 yr old girl was molested last week. There are way too many pedos in India. eve teasing is considered sex offender here. Seems like India is full of them. Some of these guys attack girls in group just like flies.
Someone please update about the girl's condition. My heart goes out to her... Hope she pulls thru this physical and emotional pain and recovers soon... All my sincere prayers are with her and her family...
The stupid idiot MP's whole family is sensible except for him. Itze zyaada kameena insaan meina zindingi mein mein nehin dekhin who at a old age shows no emotion does no justice but sit at his chair and delivers a speech like a bloddy chamcha and still has the himmat to say 'theek hai' shame on india and goto hell with him
Originally posted by -chamkilli-

I love this country 
The prez <3
The people
here you don't eye rape or teasing 
i hardly hear any rape reports 

me too. At least people here will take a minute to call 911 or make sure ur alright. Not like in India where they stare at you for minutes, and create a scene. Here, people take quick action to save your lives.It's not that these kind of crimes do not happen here, it's just that the justice system here is great.No one is above or below the law. It's just that our justice system is really good, and our cops are not lazy.😛

Originally posted by moomin4455

I was gonna say that even in the US where I now live, western Europe and in general North America you still have problems. And it's surprising how even in these countries people are quick to blame women for being raped or putting themselves in the position of being raped.

But I agree, there is no unabashed disrespect towards women/girls, much less visible corruption. And let's face it, in such a brutal case as the Dehli rape, the police would be openly descrying the behaviour of those rapists. They certainly wouldn't be advising women to never go out, to assume this kind of thing is normal

It's not perfect, but it's better than India right now - as a woman, I definitely prefer living in the U.S and the UK because I feel safer. I wish women everywhere felt safe to travel without the risk of this horrific incident happening to them.

exactly sickos here exist here too.It's just that the situation here is far more better than India. You can instantly have access to pedo's file instantly to make sure urself which is not in India. India just needs to reform it's justice system like here. If people have committed crimes, people should have access to their records. Sex offenders should be registered so the world can see their records, and keep their kids safe.India needs a reform that's all i know.
www.timesofindia.com/city/delhi/Injured-innocents-were-collateral-damage-Neeraj-Kumar-says/articleshow/17748648.cms
can anyone kik this guy out ..? Damn it...
i just can't stop thinking about her.She is haunting me. I hope she is ok.Please God let her be ok.😭
Delhi gang rape: Sushilkumar Shinde equates agitators with Maoists?

NEW DELHI: Facing criticism for mishandling the public anger over the gang-rape in the Capital, home minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Monday appeared to have complicated matters for himself and the government by insisting that he was not obligated to walk up to protesters at India Gate, be it political activists or the Maoists.

In an interview with a TV channel, Shinde appeared to be upset with the protests despite a midnight meeting with no less than Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.

Significantly, unlike Delhi lieutenant governor Tejinder Khanna, he did not rule out the possibility of Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar being removed, and instead suggested that the issue would remain open until the government had calmly reviewed all aspects.

"I don't want to comment on commissioner of police. I would not spare anyone and look into the role of those responsible," the home ministersaid just hours after he was learnt to have fended off Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit's demand to shift Kumar.

While emphasizing that he had met the activists both at home and his office, the minister said, "It is very easy to say that home minister should go to India Gate and talk. Tomorrow, if any other parties engage in demonstration, why shouldn't the home minister go there, why only with this? You answer me, tomorrow if Congress party people will demonstrate or tomorrow BJP will demonstrate. Tomorrow, Maoists will come here and demonstrate, why should the home minister go there?"

Asked whether it was right to compare the protesters with Maoists, he said, "You don't separate law and order. I had already, right from day one, met them in my house, I met them in my office and I met their representatives. They should have been satisfied, but after chanting 'we want justice, we want justice', what kind of justice are you expecting? Either you only give justice. There are some limits. We accepted all the demands."

He emphasized that the Congress chief had agreed to meet them at midnight. "A person like Sonia Gandhi met the delegation of the students at midnight. They should have responded to that. Why did they take the law into their hands the very next day," he said.

Pressed further as why Sonia, PM Manmohan Singh or Rahul Gandhi couldn't come and meet these protestors, Shinde said, "I told you that if we come once, they will expect us to come every time."

Although quite clearly a part of the political outreach, Shinde's remarks may not help ease Congress's worry that the government could have dealt with the situation better. Though he merely restated the position that governments have followed over the years, his choice of words runs the risk of reinforcing the perception of an arrogant government which was increasingly removed from the public sentiment.

The home minister, however, maintained that certain "political elements" were behind Sunday's violence at India Gate and its surrounding areas during the protests against the gang-rape. Defending the crackdown on protestors, Shinde said on Saturday, the protestors went up to North Block and even tried to break into Rashtrapati Bhavan.

"Rashtrapati Bhavan is a prestigious house of the country and it is the image of the country. If they would have gone there, you would have criticized me. That is why we are very strict on this thing," he said, adding that hooliganism also led to the police action.

On the continuation of the Delhi police chief, he said, "Once the situation is calm and quiet, I will look into it. Certainly, I will take action and I will not spare anyone (found to be guilty)," he said.

He said the Centre was convening a meeting of chief secretaries and directors general of police of all states on January 4 to take stock of crimes against women, particularly rape.
Delhi gang rape case: Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde compares protestors to maoists

NEW DELHI: Union home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's appalling indifference to the growing public outrage over the gang-rape of a young woman was on display once again on Monday when he said that it was not practical to expect the government or its leaders to engage with the protestors.

"If we meet students today, we may have to meet Maoists tomorrow. I cannot go and meet them. We cannot set a precedent. Tomorrow, if 100 adivasis are killed in Chhattisgarh or Gadchiroli, can the government go there? It is because this is Delhi you want us to go there," Shinde told a private TV channel. 

Shinde justified police action against protestors, who comprised students and women, and said that some hooligans and goondas had entered the crowd. "Hooligans and goondas had joined the protesters and were damaging public property and pelting stones, after which the police took action," he said. 

Delhi gang rape case: Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde compares protestors to maoists
The home minister came close to suggesting that the angry crowd that congregated at the India Gate should have called off their protests after his leader, Congress president Sonia Gandhi, met a group of seven protestors. "Soniaji had met some of the protesters on Saturday night and also assured of action. Then why such incidents occurred the next day," Shinde asked. 

Shinde said the government was committed to speedy action to tackle crime against women. "I have called a meeting with all state DGPs and state chief secretaries on January 4 to get details of rape incidents across the country and what action is needed to curb them," Shinde said. 

The home minister rejected the demand for special session of Parliament, saying that he has given one month time and will ensure action within the time-frame. BJP leader and leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had demanded a special session on the issue. 

When asked what his opinion on public anger over huge security being provided to VIPs and the common man feeling insecure on the roads of Delhi, Shinde said he will look into the issue. "I have collected suggestions and will work on it." 

The home minister's statement comparing Delhi protestors with armed Maoists incensed not only the agitators but also the opposition parties. "This only shows that the home minister lacks sensitivity to deal with the problem. He cannot see the rising anger on the streets of Delhi," said BJP spokesman Prakash Javadekar. CPM leader Brinda Karat said she was distressed by Shinde's statement. "It is difficult to understand this home minister," Karat said.

Protests Over Delhi Gang Rape Escalate

Citizens of New Delhi continue to express their outrage over the brutal gang-rape of a 23-year-old medical student in the city earlier this month.

Thousands of protesters gathered outside the Prime Minister's office to voice their anger and frustration.

The World's Lisa Mullins speaks to freelance journalist Nilanjana Roy, who witnessed Saturday's demonstrations.