Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Delhi gangrape: PM's wife seeks severe punishment for guilty

New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's wife Gursharan Kaur on Monday expressed her outrage at the gang-rape of a young girl in a moving bus in the capital Dec 16 and called for severe punishment to the guilty.

Joining those who have been expressing their anguish at the incident, Gursharan Kaur said there was need of fast-track courts to deal with such cases.

"We all are very sad at this incident...This is a horrible crime...Such incident need to be condemned in the strongest possible way," she said on the sidelines of a function here.

Gursharan Kaur also said any protest against the incident should be peaceful as it will yield more results.

Gursharan Kaur also said any protest against the incident should be peaceful as it will yield more results.

Minionite thumbnail
Widespread protests held across Hubli against Delhi gang rape

Hubli: Opposing the horrendous gang rape of a young girl in Delhi last week, students from various colleges and members of women associations staged protest rallies across the city on Monday. 
Hundreds of students and women took out a rally from Indira Glass House to tahshildar office through the main roads like Channamma Circle urging the authorities to hang the culprits involved in the gang rape. 
They vented their anger by shouting slogans condemning the incident and demandedimmediate action against the culprits. 
Students from Mahila Vidya Peetha, Kasturba Balikashram, Women's PU College and other colleges, and women from Pragati Mahila Mandal, Suvarna Ladies Club, Nagamma Tayi Mahila Mandal, Kamakshi

Mahila Mandal, Hasya Pariwar and other women's organizations and the public supported the rally and condemned the Delhi incident. 
The protesters submitted a memorandum to Hubli tahshildar.
Minionite thumbnail
Delhi gangrape victim critical, but conscious and communicating: doctors

The condition of the Dec 16 gangrape victim has worsened due to internal bleeding but her vital parameters remain stable, doctors said on Monday.

"Her condition is bad and serious compared to yesterday (Sunday) due to internal bleeding," PK Verma, ICU in-charge at the Safdarjung Hospital, told reporters.

Verma said the good part is that despite internal bleeding, her white blood cell count and platelet count remain stable.

"She continues to be critical but her kidneys are making urine and lungs are fine. She is conscious and communicating," he said.

Verma said that internal bleeding was due to infection and fresh blood plasma was injected.

"Her condition has deteriorated ... She is very serious, very critical and still not out of danger," added one of the doctors attending to her at the hospital.

BD Athani, medical superintendent of Safdarjung Hospital, said the victim Sunday night developed tendency for internal bleeding and now has reduced capacity for coagulation.

"Her bilirubin level has decreased to 5.5 and her lycolyte count is 6,000. These parameters are after supplementation of platelets. She continues to remain on ventilator. She is not as good as yesterday and she is para sick. She is running fever of 102 to 104," he said.

"This is because of sepsis and it is a matter of serious concern," he said.

"The victim was subjected to psychiatric counselling on Monday. Her parents were also given counselling. In that, it was found that the victim was relatively composed and that she neither showed anxiety or depression," Athani added.

She was also administered another four bottles of platelet-rich plasma.

Doctors said the bleeding was because of sepsis, a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure, which still remain a cause of "major concern" as far as the girl's health is concerned.

Athani said they have not made an effort to put the girl off ventilator because of her condition and noted that she was running fever of 102 degrees to 104 degrees.

The girl was subjected to psychiatric counselling this morning along with her parents. Dr Rastogi of the psychology department said despite her fragile body condition, the girl is "relatively composed".

"She has not shown any anxiety or depression," he said.

PK Verma, ICU in-charge at the Safdarjung Hospital, said she is "very serious, very critical" and still "not out of danger".

Minionite thumbnail

Delhi Gangrape

Monday, 24 Dec 2012 at 10:05
Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printShare on google_pluso0

Be a solider

B A Mufti
The tragic incident that happened a few days ago in Delhi is an eye-opener for us. If a woman isn't safe and secure in the capital, is she safe in other states of India? Though law enforcing agencies are quick in the capital, it speaks volumes about their dereliction of duties. This gory incident has sent chill through the spine of Delhities.

Thousands of women employees and women students leave their homes in the early hours of day and return late in the evening. This incident shattered the hopes and expectations of women living in Delhi. However to blame Men for all the mess is simply illogical.  In every society there are black sheep who continuously try to vitiate the atmosphere.
In Manipur, an actress was raped in broad daylight and rapists and molesters are roaming freely in Haryana. It won't be out of place to recall some unpleasant events in Kashmir also. It is an opportunity for all of us that we think profoundly over these unfortunate events. We must accept the fact that the onus does not lie on law and order department, the society is equally responsible. The drunken driving is in vogue in all metro cities of India. Such drivers should be booked and legal action should be taken against the defaulters. Proper security should be provided for the women folk whether they are employees or housewives. Women have to be vigilant and sensitive. They should not board alone in public buses, autos and other private vehicles during night. They should guard themselves as Kiran Bedi once said, "Let women be a soldier outside their homes." She must protect her honour in all the situations.

Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Shreya_luvs

Delhi gangrape victim critical, but conscious and communicating: doctors

The condition of the Dec 16 gangrape victim has worsened due to internal bleeding but her vital parameters remain stable, doctors said on Monday.

"Her condition is bad and serious compared to yesterday (Sunday) due to internal bleeding," PK Verma, ICU in-charge at the Safdarjung Hospital, told reporters.

Verma said the good part is that despite internal bleeding, her white blood cell count and platelet count remain stable.

"She continues to be critical but her kidneys are making urine and lungs are fine. She is conscious and communicating," he said.

Verma said that internal bleeding was due to infection and fresh blood plasma was injected.

"Her condition has deteriorated ... She is very serious, very critical and still not out of danger," added one of the doctors attending to her at the hospital.

BD Athani, medical superintendent of Safdarjung Hospital, said the victim Sunday night developed tendency for internal bleeding and now has reduced capacity for coagulation.

"Her bilirubin level has decreased to 5.5 and her lycolyte count is 6,000. These parameters are after supplementation of platelets. She continues to remain on ventilator. She is not as good as yesterday and she is para sick. She is running fever of 102 to 104," he said.

"This is because of sepsis and it is a matter of serious concern," he said.

"The victim was subjected to psychiatric counselling on Monday. Her parents were also given counselling. In that, it was found that the victim was relatively composed and that she neither showed anxiety or depression," Athani added.

She was also administered another four bottles of platelet-rich plasma.

Doctors said the bleeding was because of sepsis, a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure, which still remain a cause of "major concern" as far as the girl's health is concerned.

Athani said they have not made an effort to put the girl off ventilator because of her condition and noted that she was running fever of 102 degrees to 104 degrees.

The girl was subjected to psychiatric counselling this morning along with her parents. Dr Rastogi of the psychology department said despite her fragile body condition, the girl is "relatively composed".

"She has not shown any anxiety or depression," he said.

PK Verma, ICU in-charge at the Safdarjung Hospital, said she is "very serious, very critical" and still "not out of danger".

No.!!NO!!! This cannot bloody happen.She has to live, and make it through..
Edited by Siberian_Pigeon - 11 years ago
-Raichu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: yasri

I noticed some saying they r proud to live in UK or US... but is this something can make a person proud?!!

First US is among the highest countries in terms of murder crimes, the worst type of crimes... and UK is not really far from this... check stats of such categories...

Second and most important, people are here to discuss, share thoughts, compasion, and look for solutions... not to compare who is luckiest by living in the safest place...
I believe most who wrote here from UK or US r originally from India or neighborhood... so maybe those people r enjyoing a safer life but what about their relatives... Same people has more relatives and bonds in India than their recent residence...

U can be an NRI who contributes nothing to his real people or an NRI who positively contribute... I believe this what can make a person proud or not... running from issues in ur country by living in somewhere else is nothing to be proud of... but keep fighting these issues for the sake of ur people and children is the thing that deserves the word proud...

Let's be frank, we r living in other countries than our origin and we r not safe from facing race issues any time... who assures those countries will let us and our children live till infinity safely in thier homes?... your origin is ur real home so it is always better to work on improving it rather than running from it...

Sorry if I sound a bit rude but I had to clear that fighting and facing ur own issues more than running away from them is what makes a person proud..

I'm not Indian at all in fact !
But I completely agree with you !

Personnaly I'm here not to compare but find solutions to this sexual harrassment that Women deal with everyday and for that we need to compare with countries where there are not such problems !

No one told that their country was perfect, but regarding this issue we must admit that Europeans and North Americans countries have improved a lot !

I won't say that there no rapes in thoses countries, but they're quite rare, and circumtances are completely different !!

I understand what you wanted to mean, and I agree with 
But without comparing we can't find the best solution to this issue !
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ₯± Edited by Siberian_Pigeon - 11 years ago
tahera57 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hope she gets better, hope people going to church will make a special mention of her in their prayers also.
krithiya thumbnail

i'm new to this forum...this guys are so cruel and disgusting...they should be BURNT ALIVE AND THEN THEY SHOULD BE HANGED...

feeling so bad that delhi is the capital of india ,really its very pathetic and a bad condition when thinking about that girl and her parents😭😭😭😭😭...its really horrible that there is no protection for girls...especially in the main cities like DELHI... that bloody  guys should be punished in the way ,what that innocent girl desires...plz  we are begging ...give the judgement soon dont delay  like a civil cases for years together...they should be punished soon ...😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑 Edited by krithiya - 11 years ago
yasri thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Agathe

I'm not Indian at all in fact !
But I completely agree with you !

Personnaly I'm here not to compare but find solutions to this sexual harrassment that Women deal with everyday and for that we need to compare with countries where there are not such problems !

No one told that their country was perfect, but regarding this issue we must admit that Europeans and North Americans countries have improved a lot !

I won't say that there no rapes in thoses countries, but they're quite rare, and circumtances are completely different !!

I understand what you wanted to mean, and I agree with 
But without comparing we can't find the best solution to this issue !

Dear... I didn't bring the comparison issue in my post, I just addressed some responses here which were saying they r proud that the place they live in doesn't suffer like India in such issues... my issue was why they feel proud of something was achieved by others? Europe used to treat women very badly before some 100 yrs, but they changed to the better due to it's original people who did fight to change their countries rather than running to somewhere else, so those people should be proud because they were the ones who made the difference...

Thus in order to feel proud, we too have to fight to make the difference in our own countries...