Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P - Page 179

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by yasri

I noticed some saying they r proud to live in UK or US... but is this something can make a person proud?!!

The intention is NOT to feel proud; rather it is a sense of relief. I know I feel relieved that I moved to the US, and am able to wear whatever I want without having to deal with eve-teasing, and that I can go out late at night by myself. I do feel a deep sense of relief that I don't have to worry or curb my schedule for lack of safety. That doesn't mean I am proud or that I don't feel for women in India, if anything it makes it even more horrible because I know that things can be different. For example, this morning while speaking to my mother, her POV was that so what if girls don't wear shorts, its not the end of the world. Her point was that since government is not making strict rules we women have to self-preserve. However, I objected to that because why should women have to curb their desires? Men need to keep it in their pants and women need to demand for that to happen.

Seeing how things are different in my city, clearly it is possible and the government needs to take very strict action to make it happen. If anything it makes me even more horrified for the plight of women in India. My sense of relief doesn't make me less empathetic to women in India. In fact my siblings are in India, and I am so so glad that my sister recently moved from Gurgaon to Mumbai. Mumbai is not that safe, but overall compared to Delhi/Gurgaon it is better for women.
Edited by Nach_Baliye - 11 years ago
Originally posted by aditi_arshi

thts gud coz d pic was very disturbing

I just want to ask people not to share or even try to look for the pix without victim's permission... the rapists didn't take her permission and people who shared/saw her pix also didn't take her permission... do a person like to share some common things with those rapists? If not, so please refrain from looking and respect her wish... this is the least u can do to show ur sympathy...
I am a girl
And I'm afraid
To stand alone
In the darkness
To walk through the street
At night
They are not what they seem to be in daylight
They turn to werewolves
The Men
They are omnipresent
Can't erase them
But should hide myself
To protect myself
To save me
I have a question 
To all of you
What did you earn?
What did you gain?
By
Tearing her apart
Watching her scream
Killing her to death
You
Just tramped the dreams 
Of not one
But many
She was the light for some
The world for some
She was a friend
A sister
A daughter
You have no reason
To excuse
No reason
To ask for Sorry
For all you've done
Cannot be washed away
The pain will follow her
Not now,Not then
But forever
She is stained
What did you try to do
Show your strength?
Your Power?
Your actions are enough
To describe You
They may sentence you to death
They may give you life imprisonment
But is that enough?
For what you've done?
When she begged you to leave her
Did you just take a minute 
To think about the brutality of your action?
She begged you
She craved for nothing
But her life
You gave it,with all the shattered pieces
Why couldn't you just kill her?
That would've helped her
Now she has to Fight
Fight to Live
All eyes around her
She'll be followed
Every now and then
She is lost
She is abandoned
She is
Not anymore what she was until that night
And you
Spend your life with ease in the jail

But Beware
You're not saved
There's a Judge
Who takes up all the cases
He'll never fail to hear
Our cries
You will face the Extremes
Of Torturing,Harassment
Not now,Not then
But forever from Now on...
What a horrifying news!! Really feeling sorry for the innocent girl. The dialogue which was used in the movie "Lage Raho Munnabhai" is really true in India this days. "If Gandhiji was alive today then he would say that the country is all free from the british people, however the people living in our country have become strangers". Its such a shame that a country like India where women are known as "goddess", have to go through such circumstances. 

-PEACE-
Simple solution to Shinde's predicament - vote this government out of office.  Then nobody will demand that Manmohan, Shinde, Sonia or Rahul meet anyone.

Delhiites made their bed when they re-elected Shiela Dikshit following terrorist attacks in Delhi.  They are the ones to blame for the 'chalta-hei' attitude of their government.

Originally posted by Shreya_luvs

Delhi gang rape: Sushilkumar Shinde equates agitators with Maoists?

NEW DELHI: Facing criticism for mishandling the public anger over the gang-rape in the Capital, home minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Monday appeared to have complicated matters for himself and the government by insisting that he was not obligated to walk up to protesters at India Gate, be it political activists or the Maoists.

In an interview with a TV channel, Shinde appeared to be upset with the protests despite a midnight meeting with no less than Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.

Significantly, unlike Delhi lieutenant governor Tejinder Khanna, he did not rule out the possibility of Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar being removed, and instead suggested that the issue would remain open until the government had calmly reviewed all aspects.

"I don't want to comment on commissioner of police. I would not spare anyone and look into the role of those responsible," the home ministersaid just hours after he was learnt to have fended off Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit's demand to shift Kumar.

While emphasizing that he had met the activists both at home and his office, the minister said, "It is very easy to say that home minister should go to India Gate and talk. Tomorrow, if any other parties engage in demonstration, why shouldn't the home minister go there, why only with this? You answer me, tomorrow if Congress party people will demonstrate or tomorrow BJP will demonstrate. Tomorrow, Maoists will come here and demonstrate, why should the home minister go there?"

Asked whether it was right to compare the protesters with Maoists, he said, "You don't separate law and order. I had already, right from day one, met them in my house, I met them in my office and I met their representatives. They should have been satisfied, but after chanting 'we want justice, we want justice', what kind of justice are you expecting? Either you only give justice. There are some limits. We accepted all the demands."

He emphasized that the Congress chief had agreed to meet them at midnight. "A person like Sonia Gandhi met the delegation of the students at midnight. They should have responded to that. Why did they take the law into their hands the very next day," he said.

Pressed further as why Sonia, PM Manmohan Singh or Rahul Gandhi couldn't come and meet these protestors, Shinde said, "I told you that if we come once, they will expect us to come every time."

Although quite clearly a part of the political outreach, Shinde's remarks may not help ease Congress's worry that the government could have dealt with the situation better. Though he merely restated the position that governments have followed over the years, his choice of words runs the risk of reinforcing the perception of an arrogant government which was increasingly removed from the public sentiment.

The home minister, however, maintained that certain "political elements" were behind Sunday's violence at India Gate and its surrounding areas during the protests against the gang-rape. Defending the crackdown on protestors, Shinde said on Saturday, the protestors went up to North Block and even tried to break into Rashtrapati Bhavan.

"Rashtrapati Bhavan is a prestigious house of the country and it is the image of the country. If they would have gone there, you would have criticized me. That is why we are very strict on this thing," he said, adding that hooliganism also led to the police action.

On the continuation of the Delhi police chief, he said, "Once the situation is calm and quiet, I will look into it. Certainly, I will take action and I will not spare anyone (found to be guilty)," he said.

He said the Centre was convening a meeting of chief secretaries and directors general of police of all states on January 4 to take stock of crimes against women, particularly rape.

I just want to ask people not to share or even try to look for the pix without victim's permission... the rapists didn't take her permission and people who shared/saw her pix also didn't take her permission... do a person like to share some common things with those rapists? If not, so please refrain from looking and respect her wish... this is the least u can do to show ur sympathy...

I doubt it is her anyways.
Originally posted by Nach_Baliye

The intention is NOT to feel proud; rather it is a sense of relief. I know I feel relieved that I moved to the US, and am able to wear whatever I want without having to deal with eve-teasing, and that I can go out late at night by myself. I do feel a deep sense of relief that I don't have to worry or curb my schedule for lack of safety. That doesn't mean I am proud or that I don't feel for women in India, if anything it makes it even more horrible because I know that things can be different. For example, this morning while speaking to my mother, her POV was that so what if girls don't wear shorts, its not the end of the world. Her point was that since government is not making strict rules we women have to self-preserve. However, I objected to that because why should women have to curb their desires? Men need to keep it in their pants and women need to demand for that to happen.

Seeing how things are different in my city, clearly it is possible and the government needs to take very strict action to make it happen. If anything it makes me even more horrified for the plight of women in India. My sense of relief doesn't make me less empathetic to women in India. In fact my siblings are in India, and I am so so glad that my sister recently moved from Gurgaon to Mumbai. Mumbai is not that safe, but overall compared to Delhi/Gurgaon it is better for women.

Again, my respond was to the word "proud"... but if it was just a miss expressed thoughts, then fine... otherwise everything u said is logical and make sense...

Regarding the dressing... Actually I somehow agree with ur mother... I understand that there r 3 types of men... type regardless of women dressing won't ever rape them... type regardless of women dressing will always try to rape them... type that their decision r affected by women dressing...

So, for 1st and 2nd types dressing has no role in their actions... but for the last type it does... so by being more conservative in your dressing u may save ur self from that type... at least reducing the probability of danger...

As members from US said, despite the existance of strong legal system such crimes still happen... coz such systems can assure u the justice but cant assure u prevention of being raped since there will always be sick characters and weak characters in any society that give damen to law...

Thus u can wear very short dresses but then u have to take the increasing risk of being a victim... or to reduce the risk probability, u better be more conservative in ur dressing...

btw, stats as well as poeple words (citizens and foreigners) did indicate coutries where women r more conservative in their dressing and rarely go out at night without a man company have lower rates of such crimes than other coutries, bearing in mind all compared countires here do have strong legal systems..
Originally posted by ipkkndfan30