Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

i5hy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Delhi gang-rape survivor Amanat's internal bleeding reduces, but still critical: doctors

New Delhi23-year-old Amanat's (NOT her real name) health, who was gang-raped in a moving bus in Delhi on December 16, still continues to be critical even though her internal bleeding has reduced significantly, doctors attending to her said today. The internal bleeding is due to sepsis, a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure.

Doctors said her liver functions and lab profile are by and large fine, though she is running a fever of 102 degrees to 103 degrees.

Doctors at the Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi say that they are replenishing Amanat with platelet-rich plasma which has resulted in her platelet count to go up to 81,000 as compared to 70,000 yesterday. "The girl's platelet count and total lycolyte count have improved when compared to yesterday. And this improvement is after pumping in of blood, platelets and plasma. The real improvement would be when her body starts producing all these," Dr Sunil Jain, general surgeon of the hospital, said.

On Monday, Amanat had shown some tendency for internal bleeding but her platelet count had increased to 70,000 from Sunday's 19,000. A normal platelet count in a healthy individual is between 150,000 and 450,000 per micro-litre of blood.

Dr P K Verma, ICU incharge, said the level of bilirubin, the yellow breakdown product of normal heme catabolism, which stood at 7.3 today is a "serious cause of concern". However, she is conscious, alert and communicating. The ventilator support assistance has also been reduced, doctors said. The 23-year-old's haemoglobin count is also up today.

Amanat is communicating through gestures and is responding to antibiotics. She was subjected to psychiatric counselling this morning along with her parents. Dr Rastogi of the Psychology Department said despite her fragile body condition, the girl is "stable, conscious and meaningfully communicative"

"She is very positive about her future. She has got the fighting spirit. She is coping well," he said.

Doctors added that she will need emotional strength and that her parents are also better.

Amanat is getting full calorific requirement as of today; till yesterday her body could not absorb the entire amount of nutrition she needs, doctors said.

The 23-year-old was gang-raped and brutally assaulted on December 16 in a moving bus for close to an hour and then thrown out. Six persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.

source:http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/delhi-gang-rape-survivor-amanat-s-internal-bleeding-reduces-but-still-critical-doctors-309641?pfrom=home-topstories

kiara86 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ipkkndfan30

So true. They have literally destroyed her normal chances of experiencing what a complete woman experiences. 
But yet the so called government is doing absolutely nothing about it but just buying time and saving themselves. God forbid, but if something like this happened to a minister or a parliamentary's daughter, they would have taken immediate steps. First, they would have killed those men without anyone knowing. Then they would have changed the laws if the had to do it legally. God forbid, as rape is something one can not even with for their enemies. But how long will they take to do something?? 
Frustrated. 
Is this INDIA???
You know I don't live in India and I don't even remember what India is like as I just visited it when I was a kid. But all the time I hear such things, "Humara India mahan, India ke sanskar, the sanskari men of India'. All this is wrong. Looking at the mentality of the society, which is male dominant, I feel the men only respect women if the women listen to everything that is being told to them, if the women find their heaven at the feet of their men and the women cover themselves "properly". If not, then these women have no respect and can be raped.
I am not against India in any way but we have some backward men coming and working in my country. The thoughts they have of "NRI" girls is pathetic. Just because we work, are independent and do pretty much everything a guy can do. So many of them have tried their hands on NRI girls because according to them such girls have no respect and can warm anyone's bed.
I have drifted from the subject but I think that the mentality of people also need to change for rape to reduce. Of course it will not change immediately but it has to start somewhere. 
Immediate solution is to come up with severe laws for rapists and IMPLEMENT them. At least all those tom dick and harry who just "feel" like raping will think 100 times before doing this.

The girl still fighting...I hope she makes it through all this...

bepatient thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: kiara86

Edited by ipkkndfan30 - 11 years ago

.shinchan. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
OMG..I read

Delhi Police said" india gate was under terrorists attack"..ughhh how much dey will speak to prove demselves clean😡
.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ipkkndfan30

I agree its not abt  the Men being Indian ...Women are abused daily in every part of the world ...
I live in India too ...and I am privileged to be called an Indian ...
Like my friend here ...I must say not all Men in India are like that ...
I did like mention on Bandh day ..I had bus drivers asking to go back home quickly as it was not safe 
I have Guy friends ..who stand  strong when comes to protecting girls ...

We have men like Ruben ANd Keenan , who lost their lives protecting a girl 
  Article :- http://mumbaivotes.com/articles/6835/

We have men like the Delhi Victim friend ..who did not run away like coward or join the men in raping the girl ...but instead ...fought hard to save her ...

Today we pointing fingers at Delhi and India without even looking at the places we are living in ...how safe are they for women ...or rather any one living person ...if you are sure and 100 % sure you are safe and you will never be harmed then my friend you can point a finger at India or Delhi 

preetie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: scorpio10

I wish there were more ppl like Ruben ANd Keenan. Unfortunately ppl just stand and watch.

kiara86 thumbnail

I don't necessarily agree with u on ur viewpoint of indian men, dear.  Looks like u have had to deal with the wrong set of indian men unfortunately.  But believe me, I live in India and I have come across good men who believe truly in equality and are not with sex driven minds.  I fortunately didn't come across these kind of wrong men even at work.  I worked with people who were open and treated us with respect.  I even travelled late in the night at 11 and was always dropped first in my company taxi, my male co-passengers used to make sure of that !   I agree there are quite a few who are the way you described but the whole of India is not made of them.  Thankfully.

Immediate solution is to come up with severe laws for rapists and IMPLEMENT them. At least all those tom dick and harry who just "feel" like raping will think 100 times before doing this.

we need the law enforcers to be swift, kind, just and the laws should be stricter and action prompt.

Yes it is true that we have to deal with such men here. It of course does not represent all men but they are definitely not helping with the image of indian men. Trust me when I say that all girls in my workplace have come across such men. Always asking for phone numbers and all... But this is not the right place to discuss it. There are of course good men also.
It just came up when I was thinking of the mindset. The fact that so many young boys, old men and middle aged men have stood up against this rape case is heartening. It does really show that things are changing. But certain ministers who still say that the girl should have been more careful need a reality check. These are the kind of men who have such superior thoughts that when a woman is alone at night, she is inviting rape. Disgusting.
Sorry if I have hurt anyones sentiments.
The way this whole matter is being handled is so bad. They are trying to divert people from the main issue. First it was a rape case. Then it becomes the public against the police. Then it becomes a kejriwal issue. Then it becomes the PM not addressing the nation issue. 
I wish the issue is not forgotten...
kiara86 thumbnail
Pocket thumbnail
Originally posted by: kiara86

I so hope and pray she does come out of all this and lead a happy life. 
About her reproductive organs, the doc said she cannot lead a happy married life, what he meant was that conceiving becomes a problem. I was talking to my mum about this and how they beat her up and the whole metal rod being...you know what...she said that it does really become very difficult to conceive if something damages the womb or any organ for that matter.
But God knows better. 

I love this girl. She is SO STRONG! Her will to fight and live is something I have never seen before.
No I have no further news. I have been watching the news since Monday and I have decided to not watch anymore because the situation is now frustrating. 

my god! please tell me the doctor did not make such comments! As a doctor its non of their bloody business to make such statement It is actually unethical!! Damn ...only producing babies is definition of happy married life? poor girl... let her survive this trauma first.  and whats with these doctors coming on national tv and giving all private details ? Do they have consent or her family? do the public need to know all such details ? Shouldn't public show same outrage for all rape victims regardless of physical brutality??? and whats with those cold blooded public who were standing there when they were dropped from the bus.. they were saying in the news almost 50-60 ppl were standing there and didnt even bother to put a cloth on their body??? why do i feel that if it was during daytime, probably 500 more ppl wud have been there without helping as well! And whats with constant calling her  delhi 'gang raped girl' in the news? does she not have name? If they have broadcasted all single private details of her, why not call her by name now? or is that her new identity now? thumbs down to such media n such ppl. 

I pray that she recovers and continues with her studies. 

-Raichu- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Guys do you have any news ??
I learnt that she was serious yesterday, how is she now ???