Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -aakanksha-

We are organising a protest march called #SAVE WOMEN, SAVE INDIA#
VENUE: INDIA GATE
DATE AND DAY: 22nd DEC, SATURDAY
TIMINGS : 9 am onwards

Join the following protests and make your voice heard - 

19 December ? 11.00 AM ? In front of ITO Police Head Quarters

19 December ? 12.30 PM - at Chief Minister Sheila Dixit's house, 3 Motilal Place. Gather at Claridges Hotel near Race Course Metro station

19 December ? 5.00 PM ? India Gate (https://www.facebook.com/events/120378174795019/)

21 December ? 10.00 AM ? EVERYWHERE (https://www.facebook.com/events/550912308252559)

I wish I could fly to India just to join you, but I'm out here in Canada. However, I'll make sure my full extended family drives to Delhi. They aren't too far from Delhi and this is one protest where they would go even if it was far from where they are. My heart and soul will be at the rally even if I'm not there in person.
Edited by Shreya_luvs - 11 years ago
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Sad part is also that the girl's condition is deteriorating. I am really hoping and praying she gets ok and joins us and LEADS us in this fight. She has to and those rotten ass***** have to be punished ASAP and an example has to be set. First castrate them, cut their hands and legs, make them stay in public place for some days and let them suffer and feel pain and then death penalty with no further plea applicable. Noways should it be made easy for them by giving death penalty alone straight away.
Minionite thumbnail
Aakanksha I may not be able to come, but I can support you by advertising your rally everywhere on IF. Everyone please join in. Support the rally.

Minionite thumbnail

Rape Suspects Captured in Record Time, Delhi Police Say

By HARI KUMAR
Police officers locking the gate of a police station, during a protest on Tuesday, condemning the rape of a 23-year-old woman on Sunday.
Tsering Topgyal/Associated Press
Police officers locking the gate of a police station, during a protest on Tuesday, condemning the rape of a 23-year-old woman on Sunday.

Four men have been arrested in the rape of a woman and the beating of her male friend, after the police tracked down the bus in which the assaults took place, Delhi's police chief said Tuesday.

The particularly brutal nature of the crime has shaken up India. A young physiotherapy student was raped by several men and severely beaten in a moving bus on Sunday night. A male friend accompanying her, a network engineer with the outsourcing giant HCL, was also bludgeoned with iron rods. 
Both were thrown out of the moving bus after the assailants took the victims' belongings and clothes, the police said, and the two were transported in a police van to the hospital in a semiconscious state.

The police chief, Neeraj Kumar, said at a news conference on Tuesday that the male victim recalled that the bus was white, and closed-circuit television footage from a hotel showed a white bus displaying the word "Yadav," a common surname that refers to a certain caste.

The police, studying transport department records, found 370 white buses registered with the Delhi Transport Authority. Police teams started checking white buses in the city, locating one with "Yadav" on the side. That turned out to be the wrong bus, Mr. Kumar said, but the owner provided the location of a similar bus.

Police teams were sent to a slum area a few miles away from where the victims first boarded the bus. They found Ram Singh sitting in the driver's seat of the bus, Mr. Kumar said. He first denied any involvement in the crime but after a sustained interrogation he broke down and confessed, Mr. Kumar said.
According to a statement released by the Delhi police, Mr. Singh, who drove a chartered school bus during the week, and his helper, Akshay Thakur, had a small party on Sunday with Mr. Singh's younger brother, Mukesh, a driver and a cleaner.

The men decided to take a joy ride in the bus, and they were joined by another cleaner named Raju, Pawan Gupta, a fruit seller, and Vijay Sharma, who worked at a local gym. At a busy bus stand nearby in the Munirka neighborhood, they stopped and shouted for passengers. The two victims boarded the bus at 9:30 p.m., assuming it was one of the many private carriers that have contracts to ply Delhi's public bus system.

Soon after they boarded, the men on the bus started harassing the woman. When her friend objected, he was assaulted, injuring his head, arms and leg. The woman was dragged to the rear of the bus, where some of the men raped her.
The police are still looking for two suspects, Mr. Thakur and Raju, he said.

"We have solved the crime in record time," Mr. Kumar said Tuesday. "We will pray to court for a fast-track trial. We will also pray for the most severe punishment of life imprisonment."

Link: http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/rape-suspects-captured-in-record-time-police-say/

anku- thumbnail
Ohh, it's not my rally Shreya. I got noticed about it on my BBM. And I am just trying to spread about it through my FB, Twitter, IF account and whichever way possible. I am really really ashamed as a Delhite and extremely sad as a girl hence trying to give all my support and well wishes. It's so wonderful of you to make that image. I will credit and use. It will really help. Thank you :) and all of us are praying no matter in which country we're. The thoughts and prayers count the most. We're in this as one, connected through our hearts and hoping for justice. Justice has to be served.
Minionite thumbnail
Okay I'll support the rally no matter what.

Good news is that the bas***** have been caught.

Aakanksha justice will be served and it will be served fast because we have all joined together and are demanding justice and protection for the future.

I'm ashamed as a human. This shouldn't happen anywhere with anyone no matter what.
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
A horrific act and my heart goes to the victim and her family..

As much as India is a country of traditions and customs and as much as we pride ourselves about our values, it is a fact that women and atrocities against them have become and are increasingly becoming horrendous.

I hope that this does not just become a political blame game and the culprits are brought to justice quickly. I also hope that they are punished quickly . Late justice is no justice and it will be more horrifying to put the victim through the lengthy trial as the culprits use every loophole to lengthen the trial and try to wriggle out of punishment. There can be no sympathy and no forgiveness for these people. Are they even classified as humans?
anku- thumbnail
Truee Shreya. Because people in Delhi and India are PISSED and enraged and protests are going to be held all across India.. Esp. By college students. The police commissioner and department too have asked for death penalty. Hoping for a more severe punishment in some other manner.
Will leave now. Take care everybody. Be safe!
_Manpreet_ thumbnail
SO DISGUSTING 🤢🤢🤢🤢!

My Blood just boils reading such stories!  As much as people try to discipline the females, they need to try to contain such despos 😡!  Were they not born to a female.. did they not have siblings who were female?  Serioulsy!  Just because they are in a gang they want to show the power they have 🤢🤢!  Ruthless human beings! 

This is an issue not just here but all over the world, but surely it prevails in our own countries! 
nikita_88 thumbnail
It's horrific... 

Seriously it's been a problem for years and still nothing has been done... How is anyone meant to feel safe? I just cause you have a penis doesn't give you any rights... They need severe punishments which include some serious form of punishment not just prison time... Who knows working in sewers and they would still me be low life's lower than rats there!