Delhi rape victim passed away! R.I.P - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
I actully feel disgusted right and i also feel sorry for the lady. This world is not safe anymore especially for the ladies. Some thing happened to a girl named Sonali Mukherji who suffered from an Acid Attack and then now Sonali's family suffered for 9 years well this what you expect if u are living in india. Such as teriffying act done by those 3 boys who threw acid at her. They should be hanged right now but those idiots gave bribes and got 4 months of punishment. Thank God i am living in London not in a place like were disgrace full acts are done and nothing is done about it. What has happened to Manmohan Singh has he gone blind aswell as deaf. Shame on Delhi and the people living there who have no respect for human beings. My heart goes put to the girl who got rapped and is now fighting for life and death in the hospital. Same case will happen the corrupted police will get bribed and will shut down the case. Disgusting.Edited by Soni. - 11 years ago
This girls life will never be the same again. Such a horrific incident...such animals should be put down without a thought by the authorised people...
I am Canadian university student but I remember when I was in India for one term and the university I was staying at was so strict on not allowing the girls out past 8 pm to protect them from the boys out on campus. And I thought well this is strange, shouldn't the boys not be allowed out of their hostels past 8 then if they are the supposed attackers we need protection from? They had barbed wire and broken glass above the high walls of the girls hostels but for the boys, nothing. I agree with the previous poster completely who said that there's a 'don't get raped' mentality in India instead of what it should be which is 'don't rape'. No girl should have to feel that it's her fault she was raped for going out at the wrong time or wearing certain clothes. I cant believe  that some people have the audacity to claim doing so is akin to asking for rape. 
I hppe the girl pulls through... I hope she survives... This news shocked me to the core...
Rape is the worst crime
Feeling so bad for tht poor girl, May Allah bless her n she survives
I hope Allah punishes those persons who did crime like this
Hi Raksha from Fiji

I stayed At Delhi for 2 weeks with my parents

We went on pilgrimage for 6 weeks and found Delhi to be a lovely city

In fact I used to walk at night, alone

People were so respectful and kind. Of course we stayed at the beautiful ISKCON temple at Delhi and fell in love with beautiful city and people

It's sad to note such things such as gang rape but they happen everywhere

We just have to be smart

Of course when I went out at night I always took my chanting beads and have neck beads as well.

I always had my evening walk and except for the occasional beggars or rubbish I had no major issue

This was 2009

In 2007, I visited Delhi for only 2 days with an elderly aunty

Guess what, we had so much fun that I reached the Delhi airport on the wrong date

Yes we missed the flight!
Due to time zones I reached on Fiji time which was the next day

Anyway the people who cared for us and made it possible for us to go back home were all strangers, but they were so kind

In fact we expected so much hardship and perhaps as in the movies abuse but by Lord Krishna's grace left in 2 days with more fun in Delhi

Lovely place with wonderful people
its  just horrible!! people are soo disgusting!! WE have to do something about this!!! 
Jaya Bachchan totally owned in her speech! when he said Jaya JI ur my sister then Jaya ji says as you sister I do not feel safe in this country! BOOM! Hearing about this news just digusted me so much!
Even when I was in Delhi I felt very uneasy walking on the streets as a tourist. The nazar with which men see a woman there is not pretty at all. This incident is just plain disgusting and I just wish that any man who rapes is hanged till death. Not just these bas***ds!!!
My heart goes out to that young lady and her family at this time and I cannot even start to imagine how she must be feeling right now. You know at times I think  men forget that they got their names from a woman, came from a woman and most were raised by women. I for all the gold in world don't understand why  they will then turn around and abuse and rape a woman. Rapists deserve no pardon or forgiveness as far as I'm concerned. It is a disgusting and one of the vilest of crimes committed against women. I am sure the driver of that bus knew what was happening on his bus; and that being said he is as guilty as the rapists!! May God have mercy on their wretched souls because I'm sure the law won't and so it should be.
Edited by Olive_Rose - 11 years ago

There is nothing INCREDIBLE about a country,Where women are facing worst crimes.Politicians can do nothing more than give out filmy dramatic speech.I feel ashamed of being an Indian.This isnt about Delhi anymore..the fact that such brutual crimes happen is shameful to whole country.Womens in rest part of country too go through sexual harassment be it public transport or workplace or public places..and such cases happen and go ..and be statistics for rest!BUT THERE IS NO ACTION!Its beyond disgusting now.Its painful,hair raising to hear and read such brutual thing happened to that girl.I hope she recovers from it,and those criminals should be hanged inpublic!

There is need for strong social change.The rapist should be made guilty and NOT the victim.Otherwise iss desh ka kuch nahi ho sakta..Sad,but true!