Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Hima- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks for filing multiple cases against Richa Taru.. that will never happen in the show and its been my dream to see Kunal do that! Once again a wonderful update! Loved Seema-Siddhi conversation!! 
KarthiN90 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice update teekay...πŸ€—

multiple case against richaπŸ˜†..now kunal got case against diwan..🀣good move...
gs30jul thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
hi
read all the parts and loved it,  yr style of writng is simple and realistic...

plz update soon..
parichay_fan thumbnail
Please update the next part soon πŸ˜Š
sanasinal thumbnail
Pls update soon,i'm waiting eagerly
teekay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Chapter 17

As Kunal started wrapping up, he saw the file Sakshi had left on his desk. He started browsing through the pages, the FIR, the unnamed chargesheet and so on, when suddenly his eyes stopped on one familiar name: Diwan House. 

Sakshi's father worked for Surekha Diwan.

Kunal was astonished, then Sidhi's words from Karjat station, before she married Abhay, came back to him.

"I met Surekha ji in jail and she supported me. I handed over our son to her so she could bring him to you..."

Kunal already knew that Surekha ji had been in jail on murder charges, but if what Sidhi said was true, and if what Sakshi said was true, she didn't seem like a bad person who would kill her daughter-in-law and grandson. But the case papers suggested she had confessed, so maybe she changed later, Kunal was wondering to himself. His mind was running in all sorts of directions when another stray thought suddenly struck Kunal, which surprised as well we pained him ,"...if Surekha Diwan was really a murderer of her daughter-in-law, was Sidhi safe in her home, when she went back?"

Kunal dismissed it, angry at himself, though he didn't understand what he was angry at. Earlier, Sidhi was crying about living with him. Now, when Kunal told her she could stay, she was insistent that she would leave. Sidhi's behavior irked Kunal. 

But immediately, he remembered her sad eyes he'd seen this morning before leaving, and something hurt inside him. Confused, Kunal decided to call it a day and went home. 

At home, everyone had slept, as usual, but Sidhi wasn't up either. The dinner on the table was still hot, and surely tasted of Sidhi, but Kunal realised he was missing her, sitting next to him, or even watching him silently from afar. Inside the room, he watched as Sidhi slept, looking serene. A wave of emotion arose inside Kunal, a base need to protect and comfort his Sidhi. He covered her with a blanket, and watched her sleep for a long long time that night, trying to make sense of his emotions. 

-------------------------------------

A couple of days passed. Kunal spent time digging into the details of Sakshi's father's murder, as well as the murder of Abhay's first wife and child, in addition to his other work. The third morning, while Kunal was still getting ready for work, a loud angry voice echoed in their living room.

"Kunal Chopra! Kahan ho tum? How dare you? You useless basta..."

"Thakral!" 

Sidhi's retort was even louder and angrier.

"Thakral! How dare you enter my home and insult Kunal like this? Get out"

"Your home! Ha! Since when is this your home? Where is your home Ms Sidhi? You're a criminal. You're a modern day draupadi with two husbands. Women like you have no character and no..."

"Enough Thakral! One more word against Sidhi and I would kill you with my bare hands right here. Why are you even here?" Kunal had emerged from his room. Seema and the others had also come out. Kunal was acutely aware of the whiteness on Sidhi's face that had appeared after listening to Thakral's words.

"Kunal Chopra! How dare you send a notice against Richa? Six cases, you filed six cases against her! How dare you! I will expose you in court. Last time you bothered to fight with me I destroyed your life..."

"Come on Thakral! You yourself know what Richa did to me. She ruined my entire life. She tried to kill my son. And the fake rape case has been pending for ten years because of me, but she had herself confessed in the court of her crimes. She has been living freely for too long, but not anymore. This time even you can't save her"

"I WILL save my daughter. She has done nothing wrong. You think you have become a big shot lawyer just because you've won 2-3 small cases. I will get you fired from your firm today. I will bring you to the road! You will again be drunk and lying on the road, and people will be throwing alms at you." Thakral continued with his nonsensical threats, and was about to turn to leave, when Sidhi stopped him.

"Enough! Don't you dare say another word against my husband!" the intensity in Sidhi's eyes startled Thakral. "Why don't you look at your own house first before blaming others? What have we ever done against you Thakral. You and your children have ruined this house and have taken away all our happiness."

"You killed my son!" Thakral yelled

"I went to jail for the murder of your son. I spent nine years in that prison. But I did NOT kill Rohit. Look into my eyes Thakral and you will see the truth. I DID NOT kill Rohit. Rohit didn't even die in that accident. Rohit was very much alive while that case was on. It was Richa's plan all through to trap me and Kunal, and Rohit supported her. While Kunal was in custody I found Rohit, but before I could present him in court, your daughter murdered him! Richa killed her own brother just to trap us. Your daughter killed your son. I didn't. You don't have to believe me Thakral, but if you look into my eyes, you will know I am saying the truth. I have no reason to lie. You know your daughter better than anybody here. You know her obsession. you know how she has spent the last 10 years trying to get Kunal, trying to break my marriage. You KNOW it, so just look into your heart, and think what kind of a person your daughter is. She killed your son. She tried to kill my son. In her madness, she has only caused destruction, and you know it.

So don't believe me if you don't want to, and you can go defend her in court as much as you want to, but don't you ever, EVER, step into this house again and say anything against my husband or my family!"

Thakral was flabbergasted. Speechless, he left Chopra House. Something tugged at his heart. The intensity in Sidhi's eyes and words burnt him inside. Something told him Sidhi wasn't lying. He knew his daughter, he knew what kind of a self-destructive maniac she had become in the last ten years. He recalled what happened with Vineet, how he'd tried to stop her and Rohit...if Sidhi was right...

Back at Chopra House, Sidhi was sitting in her room, still reeling under the after-effects of the confrontation with Thakral. Everyone in the house had stood there, staring as Sidhi had lashed out at him. She didn't know why she had said so many things to Thakral. But she just couldn't bear Thakral speaking rubbish about Kunal. Thakral had questioned her character, like she knew many people outside did, maybe people in her home did too. That had hurt immensely, but what had hurt more was Thakral questioning Kunal's worth. 

Kunal stood at the door of their room and saw Sidhi looking very upset. She'd literally jumped at Thakral when he spoke against him. Even Kunal had been taken aback at her reaction.

"Aye! I don't need you to fight my battles!"

Sidhi looked up. Kunal was talking in an akdoo tone, but he wasn't angry at her. Sidhi knew she had spoken too much, and stood up to face away.

"I don't need you to fight my battles either. You had no business jumping in when Thakral called me...called me.." Sidhi hesitated.

"Thakral was talking crap and I have every business stopping him saying such nonsense against my..against any woman. Especially a woman in my home"

"How many people will you stop? When you don't trust me and doubt my character, the world obviously wouldn't. So don't pretend to care."

Kunal was enraged. He grabbed Sidhi by the shoulder and looked straight in her eyes.

"I care."

Sidhi pushed him back, freeing herself. "But you don't trust, and you don't love. You were willing to hand me over back to that monster Abhay Diwan like I am some broken goods. Leave me Kunal Chopra. Our lives are separate now."

Sidhi stormed out of the room, leaving Kunal hurt. He wanted to stop her and tell her he loved her and trusted her, but something in him stopped him. He just couldn't. The images of Sidhi with Abhay, marrying him, loving him, paralysed Kunal. He wanted to believe her. He wanted to believe the woman who just referred to him as "my husband" in front of an outsider really truly regarded him as her husband, and herself as his wife. He wanted to believe that Sidhi was hers alone. But the nagging doubt, the lack of evidence, the reminders from his brain about all the past betrayals...Kunal just couldn't move past those. 

"If we can't love each other beyond doubt, if we can't trust each other to the fullest and stand by each other's side despite all odds, I don't want to be with you."

"Our lives are separate now."

Sidhi's words echoed in Kunal's mind. Maybe, maybe, she was right. Maybe they didn't have a life together afterall.

---------------------------------------------

(Late afternoon, Sessions Court)

Kunal was walking out of the courtoom, discussing the case he had just won with some associates, when he saw a familiar face in the opposite wing of the courthouse.

Sidhi!

What was Sidhi doing in the court?

As Kunal saw Sidhi walk out and away towards the road, he wondered to himself what Sidhi was doing in the Family Court...was she..was she...here preparing for their divorce. Or their sons' custody? Kunal's mind was flooded with a lot of unpleasant possibilities.

He was about to call out to Sidhi, but he realized she was already getting in the auto. 

Kunal wanted to think positively - maybe Sidhi was here for some legal consulting work like she was doing the previous week. But Sidhi's face from the morning was in front of Kunal's eyes. She had turned pale when Thakral called her characterless. Hadn't he himself, in the recent past, insulted Sidhi in more or less similar words?

"As per your wife, you can take her right now for all I care."

""you have no rights whatsoever to yell at me about my wife - if I hit her, or if I love her. Or where all did I touch her!"

Sidhi had made abundantly clear she wasn't going to just stay with Kunal unless he had full faith in her. One more time in Kunal's life, the fear of losing Sidhi had gripped his heart.

Precap:

"I just...I just called to say sorry Kunal"

"What? You're saying sorry"

"Yes. You were right. And you were right to do what you did."

Edited by teekay - 11 years ago
keerthi93 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I luved it...keep it up...hope to see the next update soon...😊
bharo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Good break thru pls update d nxt part soon.
KarthiN90 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Again a awesome update teekay...πŸ€—

Thakral came to knw abt rohit...πŸ‘ loved the way siddhi supported kunal in front of thakral...πŸ˜‰

precap was little confusing.πŸ˜•..who is talking with kunal richa or siddhi..πŸ˜• eagerly waiting for next update...pls update soon....
teekay thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Chapter 18

Kunal was at Sakshi's home, trying to find out more details about her father's death. Sakshi's family, like many other families in that neighborhood, had been leaving there for more than 30 years. After a quick discussion, Kunal started speaking to Sakshi's neighbors to find out what they thought of her father, and if anyone knew anything about his death.

Most people who remembered him knew him as a good, honest, fiercely loyal man. He had been working for Surekha Diwan as her driver for more than 15 years before he died. Not many people knew about how he had died though, and who killed him. There were no witnesses to the murder. People believed it was some local goon who had tried to rob him, but the FIR indicated that four thousand rupees were found with his corpse. It wasn't a robbery gone bad. 

But Kunal had a major breakthrough when three people remembered seeing Sakshi's father's employers car that he often used to drive in the neighborhood, the night he was killed. They had all rushed out on hearing him scream, but did not see the murderer. Sakshi was there, sobbing uncontrollably, and someone picked her up and ran to call her mother. When Kunal reminded them though, they recalled seeing the large car speeding out of the neighborhood, even in the commotion.

Also, one of the neighbors told Kunal, "Sir he was a good man. I think you should speak to Sukh Lal, who still works at the Diwan House as a servant. He used to live here earlier, but now he lives in the servant quarters behind Diwan House. He and Sakshi's father were very good friends, and both worked at Diwan House for a long time."

Kunal was about to leave to go meet Sukh Lal, when his phone rang. 

It was Sidhi.

"Kunal, hello Kunal, Kunal Anand!" Sidhi sounded absolutely frightened.

"Sidhi, What happened? What happened to Anand? Calm down"

"I don't know Kunal, I am very scared. I have been calling AC2 for the last two hours at his athletics camp. He speaks to me everyday in the morning. But today he's not picking up the phone. I called at the camp and they say they can't find him. Kunal I am very scared. What if Abhay got there? What if Abhay..." Sidhi was hyperventilating.

Listening to a panicked Sidhi, Kunal got worried as well.

"Listen Sidhi, nothing would happen. I am coming home right now. The local inspector is a friend, I will ask him to go check at the camp. Meanwhile, I am coming home. Anand will be fine. Trust me."

Kunal disconnected the phone and decided to get home straight. On the way, he called the inspector and asked him to check for Anand at the camp. He himself tried calling AC2, but his phone was off. 

20 minutes later, when he got home, Sidhi ran out of her room where Seema was trying to console her and went straight to Kunal's arms. Kunal was momentarily surprised, but looking at Sidhi shivering with fear, he calmly hugged her to comfort her. Sidhi, though, was far from calm.

"Kunal, Anand is not picking up the phone. I am very scared. Abhay can do anything. He would have reached there as well. What if he kidnapped my son. Kunal, please do something."
"Sidhi. Relax. Nothing would happen. Come, let's go to the camp ourselves."

Kunal and Sidhi immediately got in the car to leave. Sidhi's eyes had a look of terror. Kunal drove as fast as he could to get out of the city to reach his son's camp, which was located on the Bombay-Pune highway. He kept stealing glances at Sidhi, sitting next to him, silently praying and constantly trying AC2's phone. Suddenly Kunal's phone rang.

Noticing that the inspector was the caller, he pulled over to talk to him.

Inspector: Kunal sir, we got here and found your son. He is all right, nothing's wrong with him. It seems like he had a special early morning training session today and left his phone in the room by mistake. At some point the battery died and his phone was unreachable. It was off the normal schedule so most people didn't know, but I just spoke to the coach as well. I don't think you need to worry. Here, talk to your son.

Anand: Dad! Sorry dad! I forgot my phone. Inspector sir just told me you and mom were worried because I didn't speak to her today. Sorry.

Kunal: It's okay hero. Your mom has lost half her weight crying for you. Here, talk to her.

Sidhi: Anand! Beta! Are you ok? Where did you go? Why did you not tell me? i have been worried sick for you. Couldn't you take your phone or at least inform you? Do you know my state right now? Papa and I are halfway to your camp coming to see you.

Anand: I am sorry ma! It was a mistake. Promise will never do it again.

Sidhi: I will never let it happen. We are coming there, you are coming home right now. 

Anand: No ma! I am sorry, please. I am having so much fun here and learning so much. And there's the trials also next week.

Kunal, who was happy looking at colour return to Sidhi's face, now took the phone away from her.
Kunal (to Sidhi): Enough, enough. Don't scold my son so much. Give me the phone back.
Kunal (on phone): Haan Anand. You don't worry. You go enjoy.

Anand: Thanks Dad. Will you please console ma? She scolded me so much, and she sounds so worried. Tell her I am sorry.

Kunal: Yeah, I will take care of her (looking at Sidhi). Now have fun. Give the phone to inspector uncle. I need to speak to him.

Kunal stepped away to speak to the Inspector, but didn't leave Sidhi out of his sight. He had seen genuine horror on her face just a few minutes ago, which was now replaced with relief. "She's so cute, so innocent" thought Kunal, even as he thanked the inspector. He further requested him to keep an eye on the area through the local beat, and also to strictly instruct the camp authorities to not let his son out of the camp, or to allow anyone to come meet him there. Even though he didn't quite see the point behind Sidhi's hysterical fear, he couldn't take a chance where his children were concerned.

Back in the car, Kunal asked Sidhi, "Chalein?" (shall we go?)

Sidhi, who had by now calmed down and came back to senses, didn't say anything, but nodded her head in response. As they drove back, Sidhi was looking outside the window
"So..Sorry. I panicked." she said softly

"Kya? What did you say? Did I hear madam say sorry." Kunal retorted.

"Yes. Unlike some people, I don't feel shy of admitting my mistake. I panicked and called you and pulled you out of your work. I just didn't understand what to do at that time."
"Wow! Jhansi ki Rani didn't understand what to do and actually called for help! That's a first!" Kunal taunted Sidhi. 
"and you also believed me and showed up to help me in time. That's quite rare in itself" Sidhi was equal to him.

Before Kunal could respond, his phone rang. The name on the screen surprised him, and he pulled over again to take the call.

"Kunal Chopra"
"Haan! Phone kyon kiya hai?"

"I just...I just called to say sorry Kunal"

"What? You're saying sorry!!!"

"Yes. You were right. And you were right to do what you did."

"Are you okay DK Thakral? Are you ill or something?"
"Yeah Kunal...I am not well. How can a father be well with children like this. Sidhi was right." Kunal put the phone on speaker so Sidhi could hear as well.

Thakral continued,"... she was right in what she said. My own daughter killed my son. I found evidence in Richa's room that Rohit was alive long after I thought he died, and when I confronted her, she confessed everything. Everything. She killed my son in her madness. For ten years she has been spinning a web of lies just for you. I am sorry Kunal, for what she has done to you and Sidhi."
"Thakral"
"No Kunal, let me finish. Richa is mentally ill. She deserves to be treated, and she deserves to be punished. I have decided I will not fight her cases in the court. Let my juniors help with the paperwork and you should get her convicted. I will not stop you. My daughter's madness has consumed many lives. Not any more. 
Sorry Kunal. This is not what I raised my children to be. I wanted them to have all the happiness in the world, not to destroy their own lives in their obsession. I have failed. I am going to retire now. But my best wishes will always be with you."

Kunal and Sidhi stared at each other as Thakral disconnected the phone. Memories of all the past pain of several years, given by Thakral and his children, flooded the gap between them. A few wordless tears escaped, almost to give closure to the pain now getting blanketed by a sense of relief and joy.

After several minutes, Kunal resumed driving. They didn't speak, but plenty was said in the silence between them. Several emotions floated - pain, empathy, relief, victory, guilt, joy - but neither found an immediate outlet in the stunned aftermath of what had just transpired.

Kunal braked outside their home.
"Go now. I will come back in the evening."
"Kunal" Sidhi said very softly.
"What?"
"Thank you"
"Arey, thank you again? He is my son too you know."
"Not for that. For filing cases against Richa. For ensuring she will suffer for her crime and will never be able to cause harm to our family again. I will die peacefully knowing my children are saved from any future conspiracies by her." Sidhi said as she turned to go inside the home.
Kunal stared at his wife, speechless.

Do pal ruka, khwabon ka karwaan
Aur fir chal diye, tum kahaan, hum kahaan

Precap:

Kunal's eyes suddenly stopped across the road, on the gate of Diwan House. Sidhi was going inside!
"What was Sidhi doing here?" thought Kunal. Soon, he managed to pull away from the crowd and his feet took him automatically towards Diwan House. 
Why was she here?