'Nach Baliye' get's hotter this time(neeluji):TOI

sweetycutie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

One of India's biggest celebrity dance shows — 'Nach Baliye; — is back with a brand new season and a brand new promise. With 11sensational celebrity jodis, glamorous new judges and new hosts, Nach Baliye Season 5 will air soon. TOI speaks to each jodi and finds out their USP.

Rahul and Dimpy the 'fun jodi'

As was evident in the press conference, Rahulcan't dance saala! And wife Dimpy knows it very well. "The step which one learns in two minutes, Rahul takes two days. But it takes guts to do something that you are zero at. He looks cute doing the steps any which way because he enjoys it. We are not here to win, but to entertain the people," said Dimpy.

Jay and Mahi, The hardworking jodi

The couple who married quietly evading the public eye has now decided to proclaim their love for each other through the language of dance. "Dancing doesn't come spontaneously to us. But we are a hardworking couple and will make things look spontaneous. As a contestant, you have to practise for hours before you can set foot on stage," said chocolate boy Jay.

Kushal and Elena, The understanding jodi

Kushal, or Virat of Ek Hazaron Mein Meri Behna Hai met Elene, a Bulgarian model in New York, and sparks flew. She soon decided to move to India with him. "I should be doubly paid! First I have to learn the steps and then make her understand the lyrics and show her the step. So Chaar din ki chandni becomes four days of moonlight," said Elena's personal translator, Kushal.

Neelu and Arvind, The compatible jodi The country's 'Bhabho' will be seen dancing with husband, Arvind Kumar, who is a Rajasthani superstar. "We are not professional dancers, but since we are from Rajasthan, there is a lachak in our bodies. Whatever we do, we will do dil se," said Neelu, the oldest contestant on the show. Having been married for many years, will their compatibility give them an edge?

Karan and Nisha, The lovey-dovey jodi

The newly-wed couple couldn't get enough of each other. Holding hands throughout the conference, they said, "This is mini-honeymoon for us. We are really having a good - time. " When asked if the ideal beta dances to her tunes, Nisha said, "We both dance to each other's tunes."

Deepshikha and Kaishav, The supportive jodi

Kaishav is much younger to Deepshika but has supported her at every step in life. This couple's chemistry will make for an interesting watch on the show. Deepshikha, a dancer, finds it difficult to cope with a non-dancer, but supports him nevertheless. "He keeps getting nervous about stage performances and I try to calm him down. At the end, my concentration goes for a toss and he manages to get away with perfect moves.

Ravi and Sargun, the dancing jodi

The young couple, who love dancing, could be seen engrossed in sweet nonk-jhonk. When asked to show a signature step, Ravi promptly sang Mai aai hoon UP, Bihar lootne, and coaxed swe e t h e a r t Sargun to show a step or two. "We are not dancers, but dancing is a passion for us," said Ravi.

Suhasi and Jaisheel, The cool jodi

Suhasi, who has just bagged a lead in another fiction, is cool about handling two shows together. "We are TV actors and we are used to gruelling schedules. It will be difficult for Jai as make-up, costumes etc are new to him," Suhasi said. Jai too was cool about it. "With my wife and sister (Drashti Dhami) both in this industry, it was time I took the plunge and got a taste of it. Hopefully, we will win," he said.

Amar and Charlie, The bindaas jodi

Amar, the heartthrob of Dil Dosti Dance, is known for his dancing abilities. Charlie is known for her carefree attitude and her flamboyance. So what happens when the two come together? "I want to bring forward the hidden side of Charlie. Though she is portrayed as hot and beautiful, she is like a kid at heart. It is also a challenge for her to match steps with me, and I am sure she will do well," said Amar.

Shefali and Parag, The hot jodi

"We are hot. People should watch out for our sizzling chemistry. We will set the stage on fire," said the confident Kaanta laga girl, Shefali, who introduced bold item numbers to the Indian TV screen. The question is, will the introvert Parag be able to match up to Shefali's dance moves?

Smita and Ankush, The sweet jodi

Smita Bansal, better known as mom-in-law of Anandi in Balika Vadhu, is back to set the dance floor on fire, barely three months after delivering a baby girl. "It is difficult to juggle rehearsals and shoots. Thankfully, I have a great mom-in-law who takes care of the newborn," she said, looking fondly at her TV director husband.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Nach-Baliye-gets-hotter-this-time/articleshow/17675391.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SAIBALROUTH thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing Sweety. All the best to Neelu Ji and her husband.
sweetycutie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
welcome dada..🤗
our good wishes are with them.👍🏼..