Ladies: Do you no longer feel safe visiting India?

Posted: 11 years ago
Question is targeted to all, however I would rather emphasis on those living abroad.

Do you no longer feel safe visiting India? Mind you Im not taking just one incident into consideration but this is based on the recent incidents one after another.

The reason Im posing this question is that; I had a wedding trip to attend and I was planning to take my girlfriend with me, she happens to be Caucasian and was looking very forward to attend this big fat Indian wedding however it is very embarrassing when these stories are shown on local television NEWS in Canada and even though she was disgusted but undeterred, however on the other end Im not feeling so enthusiastic to tag her along.

What are your thoughts? Would you go?

* Please be advised Im not trying to disrespect anyone's feelings, this question is important and I thought to ask along, I know our culture does not take criticism in good spirit so please forgive me if Im coming across rude as I didnt mean it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Inquisitivesoul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This happens all over the world. The stories of hideous crimes against women in the US or all across Europe are just as just as scary.There are a gazillion stories if you look up every country.We can't isolate India alone.Its a shame but we live in a world we have to take preventive measures to be safe no matter where we are.
do you even know people these days don't feel safe even in their homes?
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Somalia/Afghanistan are among the few countries I hope to never wanna visit. I think I'm gonna add Delhi to that list. As a woman, I don't feel safe even thinking about visiting. I'd rather be shot in the head by some psycho than be gang raped! The amount of rape cases I hear coming out of Delhi is just appalling. What are the officials doing? Does nobody care?🤢
Simi. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I juss came back from India and felt safe...but cant say anything abt Delhi...especially during night time,...Edited by Simi. - 11 years ago
ashi_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Their are lots of such incidents happen in every country , it is really disgusting though I don't live in india but iam so scared to go out alone , such pathetic people live in this world Edited by ashi_lovely - 11 years ago
susan29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
East or West India is the best ðŸ˜Š
didodido thumbnail
If you r visitin delhi u have to make sure u dont step out at night...i m from mumbai we dont face this much problem
Originally posted by: susan29

East or West India is the best ðŸ˜Š

great constructive post.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I grew up in Bombay. I've been subject to eve teasing and groping. However, I've never felt unsafe. Despite the big city, people could care less aura, I've found in Bombay people actually do care. There are always several men and women who do care and will step in if someone is subject to excessive harassment. I'll always be comfortable in Bombay, even late night.  Moreover, in Bombay working women or young women partying don't get judged or looked down upon as much. I have cousins and friends who work late nights or overnight shifts in Bombay and have no problems.

I've never been to the North, but even as a teen we heard bad tales about Delhi. Eve teasing and groping is more rampant. People simply don't care. A lot of people have political or monetary clout and can get away with murder. No one steps in if something is wrong. Working women, women who date or party are generally looked down on and censured. Despite growing BPOs in the Delhi, Gurgaon area – women are simply not comfortable to work or be out late night. I don't feel safe in Delhi. I would definitely not travel in north India without mace or pepper spray. And even though, I am against guns, I would contemplate a concealed carry license when traveling in that region.