Debate Mansion

Ladies: Do you no longer feel safe visiting India? - Page 18

chal_phek_mat thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
In mumbai there are around 3100 people dying due to train mishaps every year and almost same getting injured every year, however there are roughly 2.5billion people travelling the trains every year,

Does it mean it is unsage to trave in trains in India? Not really, it is just that the volume is so high and personal safety is not that high on the agenda

Similarly In Delhi the crime against women rate seems to be high, perhaps it goes back to the fact that NCR folks(I am sterotyping but there is overwhelming evidence to back that assertion), the higher rate of eve-teasing, molestation, rape's is high.

In Mumbai if a guy(or group of guys) tries to get into a ladies compartment, they will get beaten up by the women and force them out at the next station, worse the guys on the next train stop will beat the perpretator even worser and that is before the guy is handed over to the cops and you know what happens there

Perhaps the folks in the NCR need to start emulating this to get the fear of god into the folks thinking that they can get away with it, but then again the folks in Mumbai also need to learn about train safety from Delhi:)

At the end of the day safety is relative and you can put thousands of laws in the books but people have to start caring about their own and then things will change

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

One of the six arrested in the gang rape case is said to be a juvenile as 17 . He is said to have played a very active role in the crime and equally brutal as the rest. Infact he is said to have been the first to entice the duo into that bus and assault them. Should the law be lenient with him only because his age?

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: zorrro

One of the six arrested in the gang rape case is said to be a juvenile as 17 . He is said to have played a very active role in the crime and equally brutal as the rest. Infact he is said to have been the first to entice the duo into that bus and assault them. Should the law be lenient with him only because his age?

No, the law must not be lenient with him only because of his age. But we all know it will still be lenient not just on him but the other five two. It's interesting, y'know? If you rape a girl, then break her up and crush her partner in the process too, after much resistance, all they are going to do to you is life imprisonment of 14 years. In fact you may be left after six years in prison for good behavior. But say, if someone guns these people before they can be introduced to the delights of our jail, they will be hanged till death. Our law is absolute for people who kill with weapons. They have very weak provision of who kill with insane brutality. 

aish. thumbnail
Let me be honest. Im the most patriotic person youu could find around, yet I AM scared to visit my own country. Where I live, its waaay safer than India and even if something happens, youu are guaranteed justice. Whereas in India, people dont find it safe to go to the police itself.
-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TheBoss

I know our culture does not take criticism in good spirit so please forgive me if Im coming across rude as I didnt mean it.

Sorry to dissappoint you, my Indian culture has never come as an hindrance in accepting truth as it is.   Yes, im disappointed to say major cities in India have become unsafe in India offlate in general.  Our administration has failed us miserably and we as citizens are failing ourselves if we dont set things right.