Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: -Xaffron-

India was never a safe place to begin with. It just keeps growing and growing... and growing (NEGATIVELY!).

Common yaar bro..! Atleast encourage your country.. And you should encourage.. It is your Identity..
I can proudly say that yes I am a Pakistani .. So what if we are facing a lot of troubles, a lot of target killings , alot of bombings.. But my country is my Identity and I am proud of it.. Remember bura waqt zyada dair k liye nahi aata ðŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: -aakanksha-

@Penta: she's alive and stable. Those are some sick rumours going around.

Chalo yaar achi baat he.. God bless her always and helps her to recover soon from that horrible incident.. Ameen ! 
^^ And overlooking the problem and going on with your life as nothing happened only adds to the situation. Acknowledging the problem and creating awareness is the first step to a healthy nation.

Dont mix patriotism, with blind patriotism..
axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Lmaoo Ekta. Can we add Manmohan ji to that ladies group? The teen deviyaan of Congress.🥱

Haha, sure we can. ðŸ˜†
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: axeion

I miss the Delhi that it was when I was growing up... Never did our parents ever worry about sending us daughters alone, not that they worry now. But I still wonder how many girls these days visit areas like Nai Sadak on their own. I remember spending so many evenings in those lil book shops after a hectic day of classes in high school... Hope good days will return soon!

I knoww ehh. My mom would send me alone all the way to Gurgaon to my friend's place and to GK for tutions and same, she'll send me now also but whose to say what can happen. I used to come home alone by 9/10 before this incident but Dad insists now I come by 7 if I am out alone. Changing times of Delhi. And I hope they change again.. Back to those safe days when Delhi was all good.
chucknorris thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheBoss

^^ And overlooking the problem and going on with your life as nothing happened only adds to the situation. Acknowledging the problem and creating awareness is the first step to a healthy nation.

Dont mix patriotism, with blind patriotism..

Besides, one shouldn't be so attached to the land. Nation states didn't exist until late 19th century, and people were free to move around. I consider entire planet as my own. The western concept of nation state only exists to isolate the wealth and resources in hands of few .
axeion thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I knoww ehh. My mom would send me alone all the way to Gurgaon to my friend's place and to GK for tutions and same, she'll send me now also but whose to say what can happen. I used to come home alone by 9/10 before this incident but Dad insists now I come by 7 if I am out alone. Changing times of Delhi. And I hope they change again.. Back to those safe days when Delhi was all good.

Amen to that Sistah... I still love the place with all it's evils. Can't wait for the next trip home.

chucknorris thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I would like to say something politically incorrect here.

Is culture a factor ? Why are such incidents regarding females are more common in the northern part  (and that too a specific part ) of the country ? Whether its honor killings, rapes, female infanticide. 

I've never heard of such incidents happening in the south or elsewhere, atleast not the same scale.  Don't get me wrong, I'm north indian myself. Just curious.
Edited by silverbug - 11 years ago
By the way I saw somewhere that illiteracy and poverty can contribute to this problem.

I think not because people with good education, power and wealth are equally responsible for heinous crimes such as these. Besides look at other countries, especially in South America for example we just came back from a vacation in Cuba, there is a lot of poverty and illiteracy but you can easily and safely walk around without worrying that you might get raped the next minute.

It eventually comes down to awareness, and having a good justice system.
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Btw, @TheBoss, please do attend the wedding. Yes, these gruesome incidents happen every now and then but we shouldn't stop living our lives as we did before these incidents. I'm sure everything will be fine and hope you guys have a wonderful trip and lots of good memories to take back with. :) Edited by -aakanksha- - 11 years ago