Does Parvarrish play any role in forming Rapists?

Posted: 11 years ago
So another rape. Another jolt to all Indians. Another day to feel ashamed, helpless and totally speechless. ...Another reason for why we don't trust, show compassion or are quick to judge.

But you might ask me what is the point of bringing this in Parvarrish forum.First of all the show is based in Delhi , secondly i am really curious to know ..what does parenting play when it comes to rape or rapist ..No parents teach their kids to rape ..But directly or indirectly does it have any connection with Parenting ...Like kids saw their father insulting their mother in front of them ..etc etc..Parents not guiding boys to respect girls.
Parents not making girls strong ..not teaching them self defense rather telling them to be soft to their men.

Edited by XVIRUS - 11 years ago
i m not saying dat parents teach dese things to dere children...

but yes, Lack of trust," Generation Gap", "peer pressure" : dese r sum things which "Might" make children go on wrong path...

2. yes  i agree wid u on d points like: " kids saw their father insulting their mother in front of them ..etc etc." ...

Childhood is a tender age n ny child will exhibit d behavior which dey saw at home...

Yeah. I don't think its related to Parenting at all.

Your Points, Parents not teaching to respect girls and stuff is right!
But as said, Peer Pressure is one of the major issue, along with Lack of trust in the kids
Edited by -Ridzzi- - 11 years ago
First of all, deep condolences for the poor girl.  I am a guy and I can't even remotely imagine what she went through. My heart goes out to her. And those f**king pigs. ðŸ˜¡ Even animals don't commit such heinous acts. Those ðŸ¤¬ should have their genitals cut and raped so that they get an idea of what they have done. ðŸ˜¡

As to the role of parvarrish or upbringing in this, it's very complicated. Mind is a very complex system. And there is so much stimuli that we receive everyday. Some people are born evil. Some have sick mind, because I don't think any sane person will do a thing like this. Some have dominance issue, some sadist. It's sickening to think that some people can enjoy such acts.

These crimes happen everywhere, but such rampancy in India has some root issues. That's why i have said numerous times, India needs a great mentality change and that too soon. Considering girls as objects or property is very degrading. People still preferring son and thinking girls as of something less. And then people blaming girls for the act. They are the victim FFS. Don't wear western clothes, don't party, don't go out at night, these are the things parents teach. Which makes the kids think as if it's the girl's fault if she doesn't do these things and something happens to her. I mean a woman should be able to walk with no clothes on at midnight if that's what she wants, and that doesn't give you the right to go f**king rape her. 😡

A raped girl has to face insults and remarks, instead of getting support. Cops don't act quickly or harshly. Boys are not taught to respect women, in fact it is considered manly to be dominant over women. And media encouraging such acts, as if it is all fun. No, it's not. And especially fangirls swooning on hero when he treats the girl like dirt. No, that is not cute or anything. 

This is what makes the situation worse. Girls fearing instead of having the courage of facing the situation, and some ðŸ¤¬(I refuse to call them men) thinking that they get a free pass and can do anything.
Guys,
I was going to write about this particular act. But, found this...

"She was a student. She was 23. She was coming back from a date with her boyfriend. Her fault: she boarded the wrong bus. And ohyeah, SHE WAS A GIRL!!! Six men raped her one by one. And left her to die on the road. Naked. Wounded. Exposed. Devastated. Whatsmore no one even turned to look at her. No one even bothered to throw a shawl on the ill-clad, ill-fated girl. She can never lead a normal married life again. She has gone into coma five times since 16th December. She is unconscious, critical and hasnt been able to stop crying. But dont worry, she wasnt your sister. She wasnt your daughter. But she could be. The brutality has to stop right here guys. These people deserve a capital punishment for their heinous, pervert act. I VOTE FOR A CAPITAL PUNISHMENT!!! Please show her that you care. Please show her that you all are there for here. Maybe thats all she will ever have to live by. I didnt know her. But she is related to me by the universal bond of humanity."

What was that??? You just cant imagine. Agreed with FT, that as a guy, i am unable to feel the exact pain and imagine. What that poor young lady has gone through that day. I mean who were they? Do they really deserves to be called humans? No. What they tried to do? She was just an innocent girl who was travelling to her house. What was her fault? Nothing. Why they did this? If they were in such hunger for having Sex. My message to those a**holes,
"Go F**k your own Mothers and Sisters."
And stop showing your Parvarrish, that how you guys live in your houses. I am not saying that, their parents thought them to rape. But, there would be some mistakes.Edited by AhsaanBaig94 - 11 years ago
There has to something bad in their parenting or growing up days no body told them to respect women 
Originally posted by XVIRUS

There has to something bad in their parenting or growing up days no body told them to respect women 

I am sorry XVIRUS, but please don't blame their parents. I am not saying that bad parenting can't be a cause, but I don't think we have enough knowledge to make that judgement. Some bas***ds never learn anything they are taught, they are just screwed up in their mind.
all de rapist must b killed on de stop itself... by indian government is not doing anything... 
sad part is that your question does'nt have a straight forward answer like yes or no. No parent would make their son sit and encourage a heinous crime like this. However parenting comes into play in certain aspects like:
instilling respect for girls in the minds of ur son
not seeing a girl like an object of "pleasure"
better communication among parents and children.

i don't know how far will this actually work b'coz its complicated. we hear cases where a guy rapes a girl bcoz she refused his marriage proposal. we hear cases wear a married man working in a reputed company looking decent rapes a girl who takes a lift in his car. we hear cases where a girl is raped by her best friend. 

all this makes me ponder what goes on in a "guy's mind" that they commit such a horrifying crime. its the mentality!! an urge to show their supermacy. its all so sick.

guys need moral classes from day1 so that such a thought does'nt ever enter their minds. 

above all the LAW has to be strong. what is needed is law in the Arabic countries: eye for eye; there a rapist is given a strong punishment for life (like what freethinker said). 
There are too many factors and distractions in this day and age to point a finger at parents

There are kids from good homes who have all their wishes fulfilled and they turn out crazy...shoot everyone or psychotically kill women (ie Paul Bernardo..white..upscale..crazy) and vice versa

Then there is tv. I have often protested, on IF, against shows depicting backward and violent thoughts against women.  Do you know what happens? I get attacked by the women on IF , whom leap up and defend the men calling it "love".  It was so sick when one woman actually admitted to being manhandled by her husband, whom would then apologize to her, but she was ok with it cause he 'loved' her.

Indian soaps are the worst - they continually depict women going through some kind of mental, physical or emotional torture at the hands of soon rough (yet good looking) goon ..why..cause she can 'change' him with her love...but those are the top rated shows so that gives me a glimpse into indian society and mentality

its fine to blame the men, but women need to take some responsibility as well, cause women in India are helping drive those "rape fantasy" type stereotypes

Edited by silvermoonlight - 11 years ago