26-12

REDUX 2612- Collaterals!! #9

sonshine thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Before I start, a few words about yesterday's episode. Not as fast paced as before, but a breather. Still, very very good…

Jeddah arrives in Agra. Rajjo Rani entertains him… Boy!!! What chemistry!🤣

Rinky is trying to sell the necklace.

Rashmi has doubts about 'Ritika'

Mastaana and Suchi on the run!

So, when I say, the episode wasn't as fast paced as the previous ones, it is strictly a comparative study; for where else doe a story move forward this much in the world of daily soaps in the span of 21 minutes?

20/12/12

Sighed throughout the initial few minutes. That dance and song bored me to tears. If there was any meaning hidden, obscure or obvious in the lyrics or the dance movements of that joker, it passed me by. The only purpose it served was to delay Rinky enough for the boy to inform her that she has been ratted out. And also to show that Rinky is street smart enough to take care of herself.

Mine own skin!

She might have grown fond enough of the old woman. She might have had grandiose ideas of setting up a home where Mastaana's grandmother had a place. We were shown how the girl had a heart. Well! it seems we've been expertly led on! Faced with danger, Rinky  chooses to save herself. Anywhere else, such callousness would have shocked us. But here we are expected to expect realism; and we are handed out realism.

My family's skin!

Ritika had to lower her gun. Here was a woman, so fed up and disillusioned with her husband that she had demanded a divorce from him. When faced with a situation where his life is in danger, she is swayed. When told her daughter too is in danger, she breaks down; she gives herself up.

My mother's skin!

Nishant wants Rashmi back. He admits to being a wimp. Admits to his Mum being "old fashioned"! He had carefully palmed off the responsibility on his absent mother. Would he have opened his mouth had she been present? And was she solely to blame. Do not guys like these keep quiet during dowry talks because, somewhere deep down, they do not object to things being made a little easier for them by the girls' families?

Nishant is real; there are many of them out there. Pyar bhi bank balance dekh ke karte hain!

But he did want Rashmi back. I particularly detested the way he tried to play on her guilt to get her back. Thankfully, Rashmi had no guilt; only a pair of well opened eyes. Again they did not go the daily soap way, which I am thankful for. Rashmi is not above using her wiles and using Randeep royally to get rid of Nishant. If it hadn't been for the fact that she genuinely had feelings for Randeep, I would have thumped her on the head.

A good scene. It brought out a few things. Rashmi is strong-willed and can be ruthless. She is not holier-than-thou. She can think on her feet. And she does have a healthy sense of what is due to her. And she likes her revenge too.

Jeddah!

Stuck with Mastaana's Nani who is enjoying herself setting him to work, Jeddah has reached the limits of his patience. Even in such trying times, his sarcastic one-liners come through. For once he is at a disadvantage, and I thoroughly enjoyed an exasperated Jeddah.

But not for long. Rajjo sends him in to make tea. Jeddah takes this opportunity to search the house. He is interrupted by Nani.

We can only hope, Jeddah doesn't shoot the lady; but realistically speaking, it is inevitable that Mastaana will lose his only family.

Randeep.

He is in love. And the signs are favourable. That does not mean, he'll lose focus regarding his work. The investigation continues.

Agra police informs him that there is a man at Mastaana's house, but no Mastaana or Rinky. A policeman disguised as a postman had come there asking for them and Jeddah had denied being Mastaana. Apparently the police are keeping a watch on the place.

A few ruthless people, one ruthless plan; some are in it for some warped ideology, some for revenge, some for money, some for survival, some for power-

But the collaterals are piling up… when will it all stop? Can Randeep stop them in time? What do we mean when we say, "before it is too late?" As far as the people who already lost their lives are concerned, isn't it already "too late"? and what are they running after?

Mastaana is running after Rinky,  but is she worth it?
Rinky is after the necklace, but is it worth it?
Shahana is after glory for her husband and revenge for his loss...
Nishant lost a strong life-partner because of his mother's greed...
Ritika threw tantrums for her husband's attention...
Shantanu put millions at risk, no, he threw a whole country to the dogs and betrayed another one, for the sake of his daughter...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anurao.66 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
           20-12-12

ALL ROADS LEADING  TO RAJAMUNDI , AGRA. 

LIKE I SAID BEFORE THERE WILL BE A SHOOTOUT AT RAJAMAUNDI

The initial song and dance was I think only for delaying Rinki till the boy came to give her the news of her brother's arrival. I really hoped they chose a much peppier song, for it bored and put me off in the beginning.

SHAHANA

I loved Shahana's presence of mind to show Rithika Shantanu's position and also informing her about SUCCHI. Rithika bowed down to the inevitable and gave up the gun seriously worried about her husband and daughter.

Here Shahana has earned some brownie points saving Sr. Malik.

JEDDAH

I loved the interaction between Mastana's Naani and Jeddah. But he was fast loosing his patience and when Naani asks him to make tea for her, he takes the opportunity to search the house for the necklace. He has made his stand clear. Once he gets the hands on the necklace he will kill Shahana and take over the Nova 6. He was busy searching for the necklace when he was interrupted y Naani. My only wish is he does not kill her.

MASTANA

He was trying his best to inform Rinki that she is in danger. Rinki was not interested in talking to him after finding out the price of the necklace. But when the boy informed her that her brother has come she immediately smells danger. When Mastana calls her and tells that there is someone on her trail, she takes the easiest route out to save herself.

Mastana tried to save Rinki's life and sent her to Agra to be safe with his grandmother. Unfortunately this action of his has put his only family Naani in great danger.

RASHMI

Rashmi wants nothing to do with Nishant. So he tries to give s sob story that his mother was the one who asked for the dowry. Nishant suggests that we can go back to the past, when Rashmi correctly asks him can he get her father and brother back.

But I did not like the way she used Randeep to get rid of Nishant. She is also not the typical lead all good, she does have a ruthless side to her. She did take her revenge on Nishant. He does tell her that she can call him as a friend if she ever needs him. The moot question here is will she need  him in the future when she comes to know the truth.

RANDEEP

A focussed officer on a mission to catch up with Mastana and his girlfriend. He gets a call out of the blue from Rashmi. He gets  a doubt because she has never called him like this before so checks up on her. He goes by his gut instincts and his instincts did not let hi down. Rashmi was having trouble getting rid of Nishant. After he reassures himself and gives her  a message that he is going out of town, he is back to business asking for an update about what is happening in RajaMundi.

I really wonder if the mission will be really successful with so many things piled up against it and most importantly Jeddah's gaddari.

Anu 
sunshine99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
The scene that really left a chill on watching a thriller was the opening one...A shaky Ritika's with a gun mustering all the confidence she has...and the unflinching cold guy Sr.Mallik... He doesnot bat an eyelid...well understanding the trigger will not be pulled...As Shahana trounces Ritika in the game of nerves... Sr.Malik remain stoic not letting out a look of praise either for his daughter -in-law.. But he reaches out to comfort a defeated Ritika as she lets go of the gun while her wobbly knees give way...A hand of comfort saying "Rone se dil halka halka hojata hai"... The moral fabric of the man astounds me... Is this his own way of living as a human, waking up and praying to god 5 times a day...to absolve him of his deeds...

The next one a lonely and trusting old lady's playfulness with her new family member in Jadda.. How easily we believe in people ,trust them... She and Mastana had trusted rinki gave her shelter... But when the going got tough she ditched the old lady ... Might ditch Mastana too if it profits her life... The difference in people always lies in their moral fabric..Difficult to ascertain from their nice exterior but the rottenness from the inside exposed like an onion when their reaction to incidents brings forth their complete persona ...Edited by sunshine99 - 11 years ago
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very nice Appu.

Rinki, when push comes to shove, will only look out for herself. She does not really care about Mastana and though she is fond of the old woman, she prefers to save herself.

Jadda, running out of patience. Is he going to kill nani??

Nicely done by the police to find out whether Rinki or Mastana are around.

Mastana knows Rinki is on the run again, but prefers to go home to see what has become of nani... starting the shootout.

Another nail in the coffin of the bachelorhood of Randeep.. he was bemused and taken aback by the phone call 😆

Rashmi, we can now see can be focused, and is not above using others. Like you said Appu, it would have been irritating if she did not really like Randeep.

Someone explain how Ritika landed up in UK??? Sha said so yesterday.

The guy in the song and dance... couple of years ago, was watching a show called Chand Chupa Badal Mein.. and he was in it with a very interesting hairstyle...everyone on the forum loved him. So have to say, thoroughly enjoyed it..

Anu, Koel, nice thoughts.
abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
What happened girls, the discussions have reduced for the last two days? by the way excellent writeup Appu!
abavi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Anu, Loved your write up too! exactly Mastana tried to save rinky and put nani in danger.. But I have started liking that nani... is there a way she will live a little longer?

Edited by abavi - 11 years ago
anurao.66 thumbnail
Koel,

I do want to point out that terrorist belong to which ever religion in India, are hypocrites. Why do they kill people, cause terror, ruin families in the name of some ideology and then pray to God. Do they think that they can getaway by killing people and then praying their sins will be washed away.

Another point Mastana, to save Rinky his love sent her to his grandmother. In doing so he signed the death sentence for his Naani. I really hope Jeddah does not kill that poor old lady.

Anu
anurao.66 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: abavi

Anu, Loved your write up too! exactly Mastana tried to save rinky and put nani in danger.. But I have started liking that nani... is there a way she will live a little longer?

Thank you very much Abavi. This is the first time I am writing an analysis about the episode.

Anu
anurao.66 thumbnail
Shanthi,

Thank you very much for your appreciation. The pace is picking up an it very interesting o see what will happen today.

Anu
tanthya thumbnail

Patience can be counter productive at times !! 😊

Heyy Girls,

Good Morning !!