By Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Dec 21, 2012, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Teejay Sidhu|Karanvir Bohra|Friends|Dara Singh|30 Days
My wife is helping me learn Punjabi: Karanvir Bohra
Karanvir Bohra with Teejay Sidhu
Television's popular couple Karanvir Bohra andTeejay Sidhu are set to come together on screen once again — four years after their stint in dance reality show Nach Baliye.
The husband-wife duo will feature in a Punjabi movie, produced by Karanvir. He says, "Teejay is a pure Punjabi. She thinks in Punjabi and loves the language. She wanted to do something for the community and what better way than to entertain them. She came up with the idea of making a film and I decided to produce it along with my father and the director."
Since Karanvir isn't a Punjabi, Teejay is helping him polish his language skills. "I know city Punjabi since I have some Punjabi friends. Teejay is helping me with the language. The movie will be shot in 30 Days and the schedule will commence on January 27. We will be shooting 20 days in Mumbai and the remaining in Punjab," says he.
The movie also features the couple's pals from the industry. Karanvir says, "Since this is our first home production, we decided to bring all our Friends on board. All of them agreed without even asking for the details. The movie will also star Raghu Ram of the Roadies fame, Vindoo Dara Singh, Harry Anand and Upasna Singh. The movie, under the working title of Love You Soniye, is going to be a family entertainer. Hard Kaur had also been approached."
Incidentally, the late comedy king, Jaspal Bhatti, was also a part of the film. Says Karanvir, "A triple role was specially scripted keeping him in mind. But he is no more with us. There will be a special dedication to Jaspal Bhatti saheb in the movie."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
The movie will be shot in 30 days and the schedule will commence on January 27. We will be shooting 20 days in Mumbai and the remaining in Punjab," says he.

Ahh, so that answers one question I've been pondering.