Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sargesh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
It is a right forum and right people to ask a thing in this show durga is considered as mother of whole universe  and saraswati, lakshmi amd mahakali are originated from her left side same as tridevas fom her right side. She had taken various avtars now KATYAYANI avtar is shown in serial now tell me who was sati is that it was mahakali's avtar who is shiva's consort or of Durga who is divine mother of universe.  In shiva puran the Durga was considered to originated from parvati who is later birth of sati. In fact she only killed mahishasur and in kaushiki form she killed shumbh nishumbh. It is said that all shakti roop are originated from parvati and in NAVDURGA also we see shailputri, mahagauri, skandmata all are the stages of parvati's life. And also the body parts of sati are considered as shaktipeethaas and many sources tell that ADISHAKTI is wife of shiva, sister of vishnu and brahma is her devotee please tell me the difference between parvati and durga
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sargesh

It is a right forum and right people to ask a thing in this show durga is considered as mother of whole universe  and saraswati, lakshmi amd mahakali are originated from her left side same as tridevas fom her right side. She had taken various avtars now KATYAYANI avtar is shown in serial now tell me who was sati is that it was mahakali's avtar who is shiva's consort or of Durga who is divine mother of universe.  In shiva puran the Durga was considered to originated from parvati who is later birth of sati. In fact she only killed mahishasur and in kaushiki form she killed shumbh nishumbh. It is said that all shakti roop are originated from parvati and in NAVDURGA also we see shailputri, mahagauri, skandmata all are the stages of parvati's life. And also the body parts of sati are considered as shaktipeethaas and many sources tell that ADISHAKTI is wife of shiva, sister of vishnu and brahma is her devotee please tell me the difference between parvati and durga

mythology is bit confusing in India...but as far as i know, DURGA...KATYAYANI are synonymous..ie, they are roops or diff names of the same person just like MURUGAN and KARTIKEYA...n yes, SATI is NOT an AVTAAR of DURGA or katyayani...she was born due to a boon or vardaan and not to kill someone or to save the world from evil...she is just born as a human...ie a part of  DURGA is SATI but SATI is not DURGA...i hope u understand this...it confused me the first time i heard but i understood  wen i read it again...ok, now...MAHAKALI was pleased with PARVATI or GAURI'S tapasya to please shiva...so she gave parvati the boon that MAHAKALI would reside in her...so sati and parvati are not AVTAARS but NORMAL HUMANS born due to someone's tapasya and then given divinity as a boon of their tapasya...and now, DURGA, SKANDMATA, KAUSHIKI etc are roops or forms of PARVATI as MAHAKALI ie they were formed to kill demons or to protect people...and yes...
here, the durga is not same as the divine mother...just like RIVER sarasvati and GODDESS sarasvati are not same...so, dont confuse between the two...they are diff from each other but due to same names are often confused as one.
Sargesh thumbnail
Originally posted by: wildcat1994

mythology is bit confusing in India...but as far as i know, DURGA...KATYAYANI are synonymous..ie, they are roops or diff names of the same person just like MURUGAN and KARTIKEYA...n yes, SATI is NOT an AVTAAR of DURGA or katyayani...she was born due to a boon or vardaan and not to kill someone or to save the world from evil...she is just born as a human...ie a part of  DURGA is SATI but SATI is not DURGA...i hope u understand this...it confused me the first time i heard but i understood  wen i read it again...ok, now...MAHAKALI was pleased with PARVATI or GAURI'S tapasya to please shiva...so she gave parvati the boon that MAHAKALI would reside in her...so sati and parvati are not AVTAARS but NORMAL HUMANS born due to someone's tapasya and then given divinity as a boon of their tapasya...and now, DURGA, SKANDMATA, KAUSHIKI etc are roops or forms of PARVATI as MAHAKALI ie they were formed to kill demons or to protect people...and yes...
here, the durga is not same as the divine mother...just like RIVER sarasvati and GODDESS sarasvati are not same...so, dont confuse between the two...they are diff from each other but due to same names are often confused as one.

but in your previous explaination on query of skylark you said maa durga was born in the form of sati 
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Sargesh,

JJMD follows Devi Bhagvata, Vayu Puran, Tripur Sundari Skanda Puran, Vayu Purana, as mentioned in title credits. Every Puran glorifys the Deity whose story it is. Same story can have different versions in different Purans. To avoid getting cofused in Devi's story follow her Purans. In Shivji's story follow his Puran.
As per Devi Puran Sati is divine, that's why she could appear as 10 Mahavidyas before going to Daksh's yagya. Her Raudra roop is mentioned as Mahakali, who went for the yagya. She ended her life through yogagni, when as per boon given by her, she will leave Daksh & go when he'll insult Shivji & her, at that time Daksh's punyas will get over. She had told him she will take birth to unite with Shivji. Mahakali was with Shivji as Ardhnarishwar. He seperated her from himself when Brhmaji needed Shakti for creation. He wanted to return Shakti to Shivji that's why he told Daksh to do penance to get Shakti as his daughter.
After Sati's end, Shivji did penance to get her back as his wife. Devi appered as Mahakali in front of him & told him, she will be born as Himavan's daughter & will unite with him once again.
For Parvati, DP mentions, after she was born in Himavan's palace, Mena asked himto see their daughter. She gave him divya dristito show her real form. Seeing her as Jagdamba he asked her who is she? at that time Shree Devi answered, I am ParaShakti, have given birth to Brhma, Vishnu, Mahesh, am Jagadamba. Consider me as Brhmarupa Maheshwari, am pleased with penace of both you & Mena, have taken birth as your daughter. Afterthat through the Divya drishti given by her, she showed Himavan her various forms, explaing the real truth, known as Brhma-Vidya. This is known as Bhagavati Geeta, Devi Geeta or Paravti Geeta. Then she returned back to her baby form.
This shows Even Paravti was divine, not Human. Both sati & Paravti were divine. They are Goddess ParaShakti's forms, who appears in different forms to accomplish various tasks.
In JJMD, Mahakali is still with Shivji & creation is already in progress, so let's see how they show her absence when they'll follw Sati's story. 
Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
wildcat1994 thumbnail

yes...MAA DURGA was born as SATi but her powers were not a part of sati...ie she was  born a MORTAL being and not DIVINE goddess...like RADHA was an incarnation of only the HEART of LAKSHMIJI...similarly, sati was just a human form of the goddess without any of her powers...in fact, sati did not even know SHE was DURGA or was born due to her father's TAPASYA...she came to know all this upon her marriage to SHIV...remeber, it was shown that SHE FAINTED WHEN SHE SAT ON MAHADEV'S SEAT...NEXT TO HIM...in mahadev serial...tat was bcoz she did not possess the powers of durga or mahakali...and was a human..ie wat made her diff from gauri who won shiv due to her tapsya n nt due to other gods and goddesses' interference...
Edited by wildcat1994 - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: wildcat1994

yes...MAA DURGA was born as SATi but her powers were not a part of sati...ie she was  born a MORTAL being and not DIVINE goddess...like RADHA was an incarnation of only the HEART of LAKSHMIJI...similarly, sati was just a human form of the goddess without any of her powers...in fact, sati did not even know SHE was DURGA or was born due to her father's TAPASYA...she came to know all this upon her marriage to SHIV...remeber, it was shown that SHE FAINTED WHEN SHE SAT ON MAHADEV'S SEAT...NEXT TO HIM...in mahadev serial...tat was bcoz she did not possess the powers of durga or mahakali...and was a human..ie wat made her diff from gauri who won shiv due to her tapsya n nt due to other gods and goddesses' interference...

This is DKDM CV's version, not the real Purana's one. So judging Sati & Paravti from their POV will give -ve impression. About faulty portrayal of Sati & Paravti a lot is discussed a lot in DKDM forum. JJMD follows Purana's version so Devi Shakti's real Puranik description should be followed.
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mnx12

This is DKDM CV's version, not the real Purana's one. So judging Sati & Paravti from their POV will give -ve impression. About faulty portrayal of Sati & Paravti a lot is discussed a lot in DKDM forum. JJMD follows Purana's version so Devi Shakti's real Puranik description should be followed.

meenakshi...i don't know wat online puran says...bt being a rajasthani that too a rajput shiv bhakt...am telling you wat i hv hrd as a child frm books my parents n grandparents read too me...these books tat i talk of have been passed down frm generations n their language is almost unknown to me...so m telling u frm those book...i guess they r an easier version of purans tat were compiled centuries ago!!!!!
Edited by wildcat1994 - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
@wildcat, whatever I have posted is from Purana books, not from online Purana. I have all those books with me. DP is in Sanskrit translated in Hindi, this not online. Even I am a rajput, believe in Shiv-Shakti. So have read about them from whatever reliable source awailable. Dash Mahavidya's books too explains a lot about Shakti.
Sargesh thumbnail
Originally posted by: mnx12

@wildcat, whatever I have posted is from Purana books, not from online Purana. I have all those books with me. DP is in Sanskrit translated in Hindi, this not online. Even I am a rajput, believe in Shiv-Shakti. So have read about them from whatever reliable source awailable. Dash Mahavidya's books too explains a lot about Shakti.

ya after all this discussion i am eager to see how they will potray sati and parvati track. can anyone tell me whther this story is there in devi puran
mnx12 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sargesh

ya after all this discussion i am eager to see how they will potray sati and parvati track. can anyone tell me whther this story is there in devi puran

Sati & Parvati may take some time, their story is in DP.
This shows story what they are showing currently is not given in DP.