Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LeadNitrate thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: wildcat1994

hey guys...am utterly confused, the story currently being shown of father-daughter relationship has no mention in any puranas or fables i know of...anyone else has any idea???

according to DSS, on prayer of Gods, ma durga appeared as a 9 yr old kumari  in katyayan's ashram. hence the name katyayani. So she is considered his daughter as he gave her a place to appear.

that apart the cvs usually take wide creative license in mytho shows. do not treat them as ultimate source of info, just enjoy the entertainment.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Originally posted by: mnx12

This is DKDM CV's version, not the real Purana's one. So judging Sati & Paravti from their POV will give -ve impression. About faulty portrayal of Sati & Paravti a lot is discussed a lot in DKDM forum. JJMD follows Purana's version so Devi Shakti's real Puranik description should be followed.

😆😆😆 Nikhil sinha should be rejoicing , he finally have dachieved the feat of impressing his version on to millions of young Indians.

Sati was fully aware who she was. She might have been a part of adi shakti and not her full power because she did not perform penace to realise it, but she was Goddess allright. When she went to daksha yajna, and shiv prohibited her, instead of crying and saying I will go and go and go ala DKDM, she scared Mahadev into giving her permission by showing him her 10 mahavidya roop.

Please do not take these mytho shows as ultimate source of info.
wildcat1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tannipartner

according to DSS, on prayer of Gods, ma durga appeared as a 9 yr old kumari  in katyayan's ashram. hence the name katyayani. So she is considered his daughter as he gave her a place to appear.

that apart the cvs usually take wide creative license in mytho shows. do not treat them as ultimate source of info, just enjoy the entertainment.

am not regarding them as the ultimate source of info otherwise i wouldn't even care to compare it wid book...just that d story makes no sense...cause when katyayni was born...girls were regarded as very high and were worshipped too!!!!
Edited by wildcat1994 - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: tannipartner

😆😆😆 Nikhil sinha should be rejoicing , he finally have dachieved the feat of impressing his version on to millions of young Indians.

Sati was fully aware who she was. She might have been a part of adi shakti and not her full power because she did not perform penace to realise it, but she was Goddess allright. When she went to daksha yajna, and shiv prohibited her, instead of crying and saying I will go and go and go ala DKDM, she scared Mahadev into giving her permission by showing him her 10 mahavidya roop.

Please do not take these mytho shows as ultimate source of info.

So true😆 Whenever Sati's name appears I always think of the 10 Mahavidyas. She was Godess Shakti herself, full realised & powerful. DP mentions Shivji getting scared seeing her 10 forms, she then explained to him importance of all of them & asked him to teach that as Aagamas. I simply love Sati's those forms.
Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
if mahadev's consort is Mahakali as shown in JJMD and Kali is created by Durga then what was the need of Sati and Parvati's birth?? i mean Mahadev had Mahakali as his consort
and then who took birth as Sati and Parvati .Durga or Kali?? or Kali merged with Durga??😕
Edited by Kadamvari - 11 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail
Mahakal is consort of Mahakali. Sati/ Parvati is of Mahadev.
In Mahakal Samhita, in a discourse, Shivji explains to Parvati, various powers, capabalities of Mahakali. it is aso mentioned that only Mahadev knows about her true powers, he has passed on this knowledge to some rishis & had taught to Parvati as tantra. The Mahakali is Goddess ParaShakti. One of her form is Mahadev's consort, there she was born as Sati as a result of Daksh's penance. Where as Brhma & Vishnu got Saraswati & Lakshmi directly, their consorts were not born.
JJMD has taken Mahadev instead of Mahakal & Mahakali instead of Sati/ Parvati, which creats confusion. The word Maha is not used propely Had they used Kali that would have been perfect for Mahadev of JJMD.

Edited by mnx12 - 11 years ago
wildcat1994 thumbnail

So true😆 Whenever Sati's name appears I always think of the 10 Mahavidyas. She was Godess Shakti herself, full realised & powerful. DP mentions Shivji getting scared seeing her 10 forms, she then explained to him importance of all of them & asked him to teach that as Aagamas. I simply love Sati's those forms.

sorry but the  mahavidyas u talk of were known to sati only after she met SHIVA...don't u guys get it...she loved shiva n shiva would not accept her...her strong will to find out the reason behind it made her realise all of her powers and who she was but that was after she met SHIVA while Parvati knew them from the start...right from her birth!!!!
mnx12 thumbnail
That's again DKDM version. The DP & the scripts of 10 Mahavidyas doesn't say that. So for me Sati was Goddess ParaShakti's avatar, was born as the result of Daksh's penanace, she is taking this birth to unite with Shivji, will be born as his daughter but when he'll insult her husband, she'll leave him & go.
DP mentions Shivji did penanace to get Goddess ParaShakti as his wife. She appeared in a ferrocious form infront of him, but he was not scared. She then told him, she will take birth to unite with him. So if Shivji did penanace to get her, why will he not accept her? 
I believe those scriptures more as they have further reference in some other scriptures.
DKDM plays a lot with the Purana's stories, which are not accepted to those who have read, known those stories.
Anyway everyone can have their own views.
wildcat1994 thumbnail

That's again DKDM version. The DP & the scripts of 10 Mahavidyas doesn't say that. So for me Sati was Goddess ParaShakti's avatar, was born as the result of Daksh's penanace, she is taking this birth to unite with Shivji, will be born as his daughter but when he'll insult her husband, she'll leave him & go.

DP mentions Shivji did penanace to get Goddess ParaShakti as his wife. She appeared in a ferrocious form infront of him, but he was not scared. She then told him, she will take birth to unite with him. So if Shivji did penanace to get her, why will he not accept her? 
I believe those scriptures more as they have further reference in some other scriptures.
DKDM plays a lot with the Purana's stories, which are not accepted to those who have read, known those stories.
Anyway everyone can have their own views.

umm...i am not sure about the DP but as far as d scripts are concerned...yes, Sati's story, her 10 Mahavidyas form...etc...all tat i stated does have a mention n yes..plz, a lot of historical texts have still not found their way into the public's lives and remain a secret known only to historians...n since, i know a lot of historians...i can guarantee u tat the DKDM version of the story is not completely false though i wouldn't say its completely true either!!! AFA, shiva's tapasya is concerned...it remains a mystery to all for every text n scripts states a diff version...in the ramayana, its regarded that his tapasya is for ram n vishnu while ur dp says its for sati...so tat is sumthin am not sure of...:( but the rest i m...trust me, sati's story as shown in DKDM is very close to the real one as mentioned in d scripts!!!
mnx12 thumbnail

Well we are discussing about Mythology, so the reference is from the Mytho & Spritual texts only. History has it's limitations. So quoting the source is very important & it should be awailable in prints. Without that whatever is said can be unreliable.

Please stick to discussins about this show only. This thread is created for knowing about Ma Durga & finding logical answers based on the sources awailable. For DKDM related discussions visit that forum's thread.