\|/ Doubts & Discussions about Maa Durga \|/ - Page 6

Posted: 11 years ago
Question-Question...devi shakhambari vs durgam...i haven't heard of this story...anyone knows about it?????
According to a story in 'Shivapuran' an ambitious demon named 'Durgam' had gone through grave penance to please 'Brahmadev' and in return was granted a boon that no 'man' could kill him. He set aside the teachings of the 'Vedas' and began to bother all living beings on earth. He did not spare even the Goddesses. There was chaos all over. Then in answer to the Goddessess prayers, the supreme power Ma Bhagwati killed the demon and was called ' Ma Durga' since then.

Ma Durga confronted the monster army with great courage and defeated the monster 'Durgam'. She put up the forms of Kali, Tara Chinamasta, Shri Vidya, Bhuwaneshwari, Bhairavi, Bagulamukhi, Dhumra, Matangi, and Kamala of Knowledge at the same time. Then the Supreme Durga through her super power created ten 'Durga', and other super Goddessess namely Shailaputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandmata, Katyayini, Kalratri, Mahagauri, Siddhidatri and the original 'Durga and many other powerful women. The army took away the forgotten 'Vedas' from the monster and returned them to the Gods thus enlightening them.

hey, can anyone lemme know whats gion in JJJMD, i haven't watched it 4 some 2 weeks due to exams, the last epi i watched was when DURGA DEVI was about to kill DURGAM after extracting d VEDAS frm him...ty in adv!!!!