sabrina.a thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Last week ðŸ˜­Edited by sabrina.a - 11 years ago
mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: SaraluvRaghaVI

@candid, First of all, dont talk like this. everyone has their own views and also has freedom to describe their views and you cannot stop them. second to me, SB is the worst show ever on history of television and thats why its going off air within a year and the ending of this show proves all that who worked for this show or who did not. I dont want to get into this matter! anyways.

@mods I hope you take an action against this person because no one has an right to stop anyone else from putting their views forward.

and PH did NOT bump their characters. its Harshad Sriti who left the show! and I am happy that they made this decision!

Well, yeah, this is what happens when the show takes the audience for granted. The show was down in the dumps even before HC and SJ left. And once it got better it was too late. The show hasn't had one promo since the leap. Once the TRPs returned, this  show maintained the TRPs of its lead in with absolutely no promotion whatsoever for more than two months. And from what I've heard from some in India, with very little repeat telecasts.  It failed to maintain the TRPs of Junoon starting from two weeks back, because the show did falter and keep changing tone. This is obviously because they are dealing with cancellation. There's no surprise that in that dip. I wouldn't be surprised if it dipped for the last two weeks, either. Since it's obvious what the end result will be. However, this show absolutely deserves credit for how well it did both content wise and TRP wise considering the circumstances.

By the way, Candid Frisky said drama show.  He/she specified that for a reason.  Mahadev is now being considered a Mytho, and the other shows as fiction. I am not arguing that Mahadev is not drama, but what Candid Frisky obviously meant was that distinction between Mahadev and the other fiction shows.

And I am well aware that Amrit Manthan in February will complete a year. So the distinction is not going to last for for SB. My objective is only to point out that Candid Frisky wasn't overlooking Mahadev.

Edited by mysticgoryfilms - 11 years ago
candid_frisky thumbnail
😊 @mysticgoryfilms- buddy u took it the right way..i missed thriller there..i meant to say dat SB is the only drama/thriller show on channel to complete its 1year successfully! I didn't mention MAHADEV coz its a Mythological show!
candid_frisky thumbnail
@SaraluvRaghaVI m not stopping anyone frm putting their views,m jz expressing my own views here!btw i hav criticised only twice but u've said alot shitty things about Viraj on IF so before warning me,@mods u must warn sara 1st!
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: mysticgoryfilms

Well, yeah, this is what happens when the show takes the audience for granted. The show was down in the dumps even before HC and SJ left. And once it got better it was too late. The show hasn't had one promo since the leap. Once the TRPs returned, this  show maintained the TRPs of its lead in with absolutely no promotion whatsoever for more than two months. And from what I've heard from some in India, with very little repeat telecasts.  It failed to maintain the TRPs of Junoon starting from two weeks back, because the show did falter and keep changing tone. This is obviously because they are dealing with cancellation. There's no surprise that in that dip. I wouldn't be surprised if it dipped for the last two weeks, either. Since it's obvious what the end result will be. However, this show absolutely deserves credit for how well it did both content wise and TRP wise considering the circumstances.

By the way, Candid Frisky said drama show.  He/she specified that for a reason.  Mahadev is now being considered a Mytho, and the other shows as fiction. I am not arguing that Mahadev is not drama, but what Candid Frisky obviously meant was that distinction between Mahadev and the other fiction shows.

And I am well aware that Amrit Manthan in February will complete a year. So the distinction is not going to last for for SB. My objective is only to point out that Candid Frisky wasn't overlooking Mahadev.

This serial was really - deservedly or undeservedly - way above others, and during its initial weeks, even ahead of DkDM at times (particularly during the Sati track in DkDM)

One reason it's not fair to compare this serial to DkDM is that DkDM, which started off more as a romance serial b/w Shiva & Sati, could, when Sati's role ended, fall back on original mythological stuff from the Puranas, thereby attracting viewers interested in mythology and religion.  That's not something any of the other shows had.  Unfortunately, almost all of LifeOK's serials self destructed.  Sonarika's previous serial - Tdsm - needlessly took an ugly twist, turning off viewers, and the same happened w/ MLtak - introducing love triangles and then dragging them to the brink.

The show did well initially, but failed b'cos it strayed off message, and was too caught up in the TRPs of the actors, be it KVB or HC.  By showing Viraj stalking Jhanvi for months and having almost divine powers, they failed the public totally - in real life, there are limits to the powers of even abusive spouses.  No way could they have bribed the police left and right to be at their beck and call while doing everything, and making Raghav the only one who could stop Viraj made the serial a joke.  The false leads didn't help either - for instance, the chess promo gave viewers a lot of hope about Jhanvi turning it against Viraj, but that never materialized.  Oh, and that name change thing 🤢

The post-Viraj arrest story was not well thought out at all.  If they were desperate to make KVB the subject of the story - be it for TRPs or whatever, they should have made the track one about his cure.  If they wanted it to be around HC, then they should have put KVB on a break, and just had it about HC and Jhanvi's cure.  Instead, trying to keep Viraj as an abused prisoner who lost his memory just made the show really inane.  And when HC and Sriti decided to do the show, the damage was already done.  In retrospect, they should have ended the show the week Viraj was arrested, by showing Jhanvi first divorce him, and ending the serial w/ her marriage to Raghav.

Incidentally, however, the stretch of the serial - starting w/ Ananya's entry into the story, made this much more refreshing.  For once, she did what Jhanvi never did - use her brain, and when she figured out Viraj's games, she started playing games of her own.  The way she got cameras installed on Jhanvi's eyes in photographs, the way she stole Jhanvi's cadaver and gave her a funeral in Uma's presence was all admirable.  If anything, her stretch of the story demonstrated that the serial would have done fine w/o insisting on keeping any jodis.
romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: candid_frisky

😆 were u really a loyal viewer of Saubhagyavati bhava..??if Yes,then thank God d channel didn't listen to you all otherwise the show would have ended way before completing its 1yr..

Hello dear 

No I was not loyal viewer; thus, I bit my tongue while saying it. What do you mean channel did not listen to us?? We never asked channel to what to do with this circus so your claim makes no sense!!! However, in my opinion, this show would have lasted longer if they would not have glorified the evilness 

Originally posted by: candid_frisky

🤢 @romiosugar1 Raghav-siya's horrible chemistry made d viewers break their tv screens with anger!!No one was interested in their boring fairytale dats y d PH bumped off their characters..

Yeah yeah...good for you then. Just enjoy your circus if it is still airing then since the horrible chemistry has gone already ðŸ˜† 

EDITED: oops, just saw an article on IF that it has ended ðŸ˜­
I am so sorry for your loss candid_frisky jee ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ My heart goes to you that your show did not survive even after removing the horrible chemistry of Raghav-Sia ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­

Edited by romiosugar1 - 11 years ago
sabrina.a thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@romio Well the show will end at one time right??? Becoz it's not a typical saas-bahu show that will continue for ages.
BTW we have seen both of the coupes harshad-sriti and KV-sriti and PLZZZ we all know which of the pair looked better! Viranvi was fantastic! even a blind can say that. 
Yash.Pal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Broke my own promise and have been watching the last few days, a bit pathetic I thought, what an end to the great  Dhobriyal, I was expecting him to escape from custody, bribe a cop, use a dagger, whatever.  But truly speaking I think it is sad that a hugely talented actor with very good looks was wasted on this serial.  That is my concluding thought.

Chalo, end of story tonite.  Cheers friends, till we meet again
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
VB Note: This is getting needlessly contentious, even though it's well known that everyone here has opposing views, and we've asked people a number of times not to persist in arguments that are not going to be resolved.  This discussion is getting nowhere, and since the serial ends tonight, further discussions on it can continue in these 2 threads:

Topic closed!