REDUX 2612 - Maidan - E- Jung # 10 - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by trintring

Well, Some men are.. but Shantanu doesn't fall in that category. Also he is completely strung out now, worried about his family. Wonder if he'll work out at one point that even if he detonates the bomb for them, there's no way they can let him and his family live after he has seen their faces. Meher will make mistakes, and Shantanu should start his doubt. I would love to see his character play out that way rather than waiting for things to happen.

Speaking of Shantanu, was this the gut who played bad guy turned good in Geet? saw in his profile that he was in the show. I just thought he was new, but apparently he's been around a while.

Have not seen much of shantanu apart from the time he was panicking and reacting to extreme  situation's..Will he even be allowed to exercise  his minds ..

Yep, He was the Bad Bro turned Good Bro !
what do you think will happen on Monday? pendent with Jadda, Suchi with Rinki, an injured Mastana with Rathore?

what do you think will happen on Monday? pendent with Jadda, Suchi with Rinki, an injured Mastana with Rathore?

Trin Hi I love the way you put it. Maybe Rinky will turn to the STF for help? Mehr is surely slip up and Shantanu will find out is my gut feeling hence the conversation with Shahana.

Anu

Trin.

I was pondering about it. I suddenly remembered that the mission was like a jig saw puzzle and each one had only a few pieces or one piece. If even Mastana was caught and he turns approver he cannot tell the whole story but only the puzzle bits that he has with him. 

The same goes for Jeddah because he also has no idea where the atomic bombs are kept. Shahana has taken over the mission only recently and I wonder whether her Father in law has given all the pieces of the puzzle to her. After all she is also vulnerable as she has a small child.

Anu
Have been watching a couple of episodes has been good
Originally posted by anurao.66

Trin.

I was pondering about it. I suddenly remembered that the mission was like a jig saw puzzle and each one had only a few pieces or one piece. If even Mastana was caught and he turns approver he cannot tell the whole story but only the puzzle bits that he has with him. 

The same goes for Jeddah because he also has no idea where the atomic bombs are kept. Shahana has taken over the mission only recently and I wonder whether her Father in law has given all the pieces of the puzzle to her. After all she is also vulnerable as she has a small child.

Anu

Yeah Anu you are right about the pieces of puzzle.. if Mastana is alive he'll be with Rathore and assuming he is well enough to talk, as you said he doesn't know the whole story.

But Shahana is the only one who knows the complete plan , not her father-in-law. Malik didn't trust anyone apart from his wife to tell the complete plan. That's why Shahana came to command the whole mission because she is the only one who knew every detail and she wasn't willing to tell everyone, not even Malik's father. In a way it also shows that Malik didn't trust his father completely to tell the whole plan. I think it was more to the fact that his father might open his mouth to the wrong person.
Trin,

I did miss the first few episodes so I did not know the relationship between Sr.Malik and Malik. By the way did Shahana know the about mission before Malik died, because otherwise how would she take control.

Did the pregnant Shahana approve of her husband's plans killing of innocent children?

Anu

The shootout at Rajamundi did take place and the result was indeed unexpected.

The episode starts with Jeddah overturning the house in search of the necklace and pointing a gun at poor Naani who thinks she was searching for milk, tea powder and sugar for the tea that she asked him to prepare. With her poor vision she cannot make out that he is pointing a gun at her forehead.

Meanwhile the desperate Mastana calls Shahana. He tells her that Jeddah was the one who planned the bomb blast and betrayed Malik. Shahana tells him that he is no less a traitor for not telling the truth of Rinky and the necklace. She informs him to bring back the necklace and Succhi, for Jeddah has already reached Agra where he will find Rinky.

Mastana is his desperation and in order to save his grandmother and Rinky tells Shahana that if any harm happens to his family then he will go and inform the police. Here is a person who is so desperate to save his Grandmother and his love that he gives them more importance than Shahana and the organization.

Jeddah is shown to have lost his patience with Naani and is about to pull the trigger when a telephone call interrupts him. It is Shahana warning him not to do harm to anyone till they get the necklace. She tells him directly it is an order because otherwise the mission will be in jeopardy.  He agrees not to kill anyone till he gets the necklace.

Randeep reaches Agra and is informed about all the activity the police has taken as a precaution and how plain clothes policemen have surrounded the area as vendors to keep an eye on Mastana's house. They also inform him that the tall man has gone in and closed all the windows and door.

Rinky reaches the station when she encounters an old lady going on a pilgrimage. She helps her lift her luggage. The old lady enlightens her that old age is a curse when there is no one there for her. She has flashbacks of the good times and plans she had made with Naani and she returns home. She surveys the area and spots the neighbors. She then has a plan, making all the neighbors' to enter the house to welcome her nonexistent brother.

Jeddah has searched the whole house for the necklace as Naani suggested and puts the gun to her fore head and asks her to remember. In the end after turning the whole house upside down Naani tells him that Rinky wore it and went out.  

All the players in the game, Rinky, Mastana, and Randeep converge towards the house. The neighborhood ladies along with Rinky storm the house. In the confusion, Rinky takes Naani to safety when Jeddah fires to the roof. It is mayhem with all the ladies shouting and screaming. Jeddah comes out and starts a shooting spree and the police retaliate. In the chaos Rinky and Naani get separated.

Naani is standing in a place where she can actually feel the presence of Mastana and calls out to him. This alerts Jeddah and he holds her hostage. Rinky takes Succhi from Mastana and hides. Mastana asks Jeddah not to do anything with his grandmother. Jeddah in return tells him to hand over the necklace and Succhi. Jeddah asks him to throw the necklace and as Mastana complies Jeddah stooping down shoots him.

Randeep turns towards the sound of the gun fire. The last scene of the falling Mastana and all the flashbacks were really poignant.

I really hope he survives and turns as an approver for Rinky and Naani's sake. He is basically a family person and not cold blooded like Jeddah. The whole episode was shot very well.

Anu
Beautiful recap Anu.Mastana and Rink's humanity came through in the end. from the looks of it the price of it for Mastana is life .what is it for rinki  back to her known  life of darkness  to be exploited by men again? Will Rathore connect Suchi with Shantanu  and Rashmi.?  Will Meher be back again as Ritika  in their midst?  I don't think Jidda had time to escape with Suchi and he thinks he has the bargaining chip in the necklace to outsmart Shahana..Suchi is not important to him now...

Sumana and Shanthi  lovely points mentioned.
Edited by sunshine99 - 11 years ago

Trin,

I did miss the first few episodes so I did not know the relationship between Sr.Malik and Malik. By the way did Shahana know the about mission before Malik died, because otherwise how would she take control.

Did the pregnant Shahana approve of her husband's plans killing of innocent children?

Anu

They did not really show much interaction between father and son at all.. the only scene they showed was like talk among professionals. Malik Snr was probably heading the organisation before Malik grew up and took over. They showed in the first epi that they were behind the original attack in Mumbai 4 years ago but due to Mumbai police being alert and their own faltering they could not go through with the whole plan. Maybe that's why Malik was more cagey keeping the plan secret.

About Shahana all they showed was a heavily pregnant woman waiting arrival of her child while Malik was sad to leave her alone in her state. They didn't show them talking about the plan at all. All they showed was her telling him to go and finish his job and also she was giving him a gun so we assumed at that point that she knew very well what her husband was. It was after his death Shahana revealed more. 

Now here we had long discussions about Shahana and what kind of woman she is. According to Sathu, she is a strong woman (which we can see) who was probably indifferent to her husband's cause and only came into it to fulfill his goal and avenge his death. Whereas I slightly disagree. She might have come into the organisation because she believed in their cause and fell in love with Malik. Or if she did fall in love first, how can a woman, and that too a strong person like her stay with a terrorist knowing what he does. A person simply cannot be just indifferent knowing her husband plans to kill innocent children no matter what the cause. I would love to see a bit of backstory here to know how they came to know each other.

They did not really show much interaction between father and son at all.. the only scene they showed was like talk among professionals. Malik Snr was probably heading the organisation before Malik grew up and took over. They showed in the first epi that they were behind the original attack in Mumbai 4 years ago but due to Mumbai police being alert and their own faltering they could not go through with the whole plan. Maybe that's why Malik was more cagey keeping the plan secret.

About Shahana all they showed was a heavily pregnant woman waiting arrival of her child while Malik was sad to leave her alone in her state. They didn't show them talking about the plan at all. All they showed was her telling him to go and finish his job and also she was giving him a gun so we assumed at that point that she knew very well what her husband was. It was after his death Shahana revealed more. 

Now here we had long discussions about Shahana and what kind of woman she is. According to Sathu, she is a strong woman (which we can see) who was probably indifferent to her husband's cause and only came into it to fulfill his goal and avenge his death. Whereas I slightly disagree. She might have come into the organisation because she believed in their cause and fell in love with Malik. Or if she did fall in love first, how can a woman, and that too a strong person like her stay with a terrorist knowing what he does. A person simply cannot be just indifferent knowing her husband plans to kill innocent children no matter what the cause. I would love to see a bit of backstory here to know how they came to know each other.

Trin,

Thank you very much for taking time to answer my questions. I really loved the way you explained. I do agree with you that Shahana is a strong person. Even if she was strong how could she ever approve and fall in love with a terrorist. Maybe she was brainwashed by him for the cause. I really dont understand how a woman who is pregnant has no compunctions in killing so many small children.

Anu