Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Aha Sammy. You are back in India. How wonderful. Enjoy darling enjoy!

I have to agree with you on the Prashant bit. That is why I would have loved for the CVs to keep him grey but with a little more oomph so we knew where exactly he was leaning towards. Friday's episode left me totally confused as to what exactly Prashant wants. And the fact that he wants to keep the lie going until his 3rd BMT just didn't fit well with his character according to me. If right now he feels entitled to get Aarti and Ansh back in his life then he would feel entitled to have his 3rd BMT too irrespective of the fact that Yash knew about it or not. 

Maybe if they made Prashant a clear villain with ArYa fighting him... I don't know maybe viewers might like that. I know for a fact that all viewers are not analysts and they don't spend our analysing the characters for hours and hours like we do. They take the characters at face value. So if they are confused about a character or the plot then they might just move away.  But I think we will pick up now that the truth is out... 😃
Zetter thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey All...Hope you guys are having a great Christmas Eve! 😊

@Indu: Hi Pal 🤗...Hope you're having a great day! It's a little crazy here with me sitting surfing the net and trying to wrap gifts |;)]

@Angel: 🤣 🤣 🤣 OMG thank you very much for the laughs Sir, another masterpiece 👏 👏 👏 ❤️

@Jyo: Fabulous points Hun 👍🏼 👏 👏...I agree with everything you said and Indu's reply to you, all those shows are a real competition for PV and plus the months that Aarti was lying to Yash and keeping the BMT that didn't sit well with anyone cause most of the viewers couldn't handle the fact that Aarti hid the truth from Yash when he trusts her completely  

@Samana: welcome back home Dear 🤗

Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks Indu! 😃

I see, upon scanning a few pages back, that we are on the same page about the TRPs, though I am still not above wondering if there has been some huge mistake. 😕

I any case, I am sure we can regain the TRPs in no time once Aarti's truth is out. It has been hard to connect to her of late, and as we know, the TRPs depend a great deal on the audience's connection with Aarti. Whenever she is humiliated they drop, and whenever see succeeds, especially with Yash, they rise.

Based on PV and other shows' TRPs, it speaks a lot to the audience's preferences and if my following inferences have any logic at all, it makes me very sad. The male protagonist is allowed to be angry, tortured, aggressive and a plain jerk and it works fine for TRPs, after all that is hot... and expected. The female simply cannot have faults, other than loving her husband and his family too much. 🤔

I said when they had Aarti go ahead with the BMT without Yash's knowledge that they were taking a big risk. Usually on shows, the female lead does nothing wrong and is misunderstood, her actions twisted by the vamp/villain and in the end she is proven pure. In effect, she has no agency, everything happens to her. But here, they actually had Aarti make the mistakes rather than Yash simply believing she did and inflicting the punishment. That was a huge risk; it also gave the woman agency, even if it was to do something horrendously wrong. And I would go so far as to suggest that the audience wasn't ready for it. They weren't ready for a character who had promised, since the kidnapping, to be the usual, cliched pativrata wife who would do nothing when her husband misunderstood her, but cry rivers and wait for him to find out the truth, and then when push came to shove, went behind her husband and family's back to save her ex... with her innocent kid's bone marrow, no less.

They were also probably unprepared for a Prashant who was not an outright antagonist.

If this is the case then the TRPs are going to shoot up now with Aarti's truth coming out and Prashant turning selfish and antagonistic. BUT if, and especially if, this is what the TRPs are reflecting, then I am prouder than ever of the Mittals for telling the story this way, for giving a female protagonist agency and for letting her actually make the mistake she is going to be blamed for!
Edited by Samanalyse - 11 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
there r 2 more points I want to mention

5) Our main competition at 10.30 pm slot is with most of the kid shows ..BALH has Pihu while Veera's kid is a dynamite .. so we too need a stronger track for kids here to get the trps high ..I still remember whether its Ansh ka kidnap track or Palak ka birthday party track , we always got high trps and in both cases Yash along with kids was the strong point .. so I feel we got to show less of family drama and more of Aarti-Yash-Kids track 😳 ... Mayb Prashant wanting Ansh ..even going to extreme of kidnapping him ..then Yash as hero going to save him ..in middle Palak feeling scared of loosing her mommy Aarti .. so we can hv both Ansh-Yash bonding plus Palak-Aarti bonding plus some Aarya moments combo 🤔 ...In short we need to counterattack the kids track of other 10.30 pm shows 😊

6)
More positive spl promos surrounding AarYa and kids r needed and can we hv less repeats plss 😳 .. PV comes at 10.30 pm slot and so many might sleep by then because zee tv shows around 6-7 repeats of PV in the day   ..this is affecting the trps .. look at other zee shows ..so less repeats ..so they need to cut down on repeats so that people watch in real time and like I said some spl promos plss .. promos always help in trps as we can see many shows which showed a jump in trp chart r mostly helped by regular promos ...

jyoti06 thumbnail
@Samana : Sighh people live in a fairytale world still .. need a mills and boons hero as saviour for the tortured heroine ... PV got to apply same formula for sometime t oget lost trps back .. make Yash the typical macho angry young man hero saving the damsel in distress Aarti from the devil Prashant and u will hv trps pouring in 🤔😆😆
-MishtyBlue- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Well said jyo di...
its not fairy tale or OUR kratz Fav POPEYE SHOW!!!😳!😆
Always Hero Have his Energy Spinach and Fight with villian and Save his Heroine!!!!
Reality Always Bitters!!!
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think Yash will turn around only after Aarti has finished venting and leaves the place in anger. She would think she'd said everything to Prashant, whereas Yash might go back home and not mention anything to her at all, instead just ruminate.
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
The repeats definitely have something to do with the dip in TRPs...they repeat the show too many times during the day!    Many might just skip it at 10:30 and watch it during the day...maybe the cold of the winter is to blame too...😆

Samana, I feel that showing Aarti at fault was okay...but dragging it so much was the problem.   Even if she agreed to the 1st BMT without Yash's knowledge, if it had been followed up by a quicker revelation, it might have still gone down okay with the general audience!   

And there have been quite a few loose ends in the episodes since the BMT...so some observant viewers also might be put off!  
jyoti06 thumbnail
Ok Guys  I m not coming tonight  since I will b going out for a family  dinner ...

Can someone copy-paste all my 6 points that I hv put in last 2 pages about the low trps issue in New DC plss when it opens at 10pm  ? 😳😳
Kesha_H. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
hey ppl sup???😊 what's ur plans for Christmas eve