Punar Vivah

21/12 Dragon Club:AarYa's Sach Ka Saamna.. - Page 61

InduG64 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
@Zet: Oh wow...that's some multitasking...Thanks for the Disney card...I've always found Goofy the most adorable. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ€—

@Samana: You said it...Even here, only a very few of us got around to  accepting what was dished out...a very small sample of viewers...And when this sample is compared with the nationwide audience...we have the response by way of these so-called trps.

One of the main reasons for audience taking a temporary break was Prashant...his merger into the main storyline. In trying to bring Prashant into limelight and attempting to make his character travel from white to gray to dark zone, they grayed Aarti a little too much and put a narrower blinder on Yash. So with Prashant the audience kept on thinking, "is he/isn't he?"...and with Yash and Aarti they had this big Why in front of them with a "Don't tell me...not again" added on. The viewers found such complicated characterizations too much to handle, especially when the only two villainish characters' povs were being justified: Aarti was proving Bua right, whereas Prashant was making a fool out of Yash...and that is exactly what the audience saw and understood and didn't like.
Edited by InduG64 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

melody442 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I dont think its  audience's fault entirely...There has been lot and lot of dragging in these 2 months. The show has finally picked up some pace only last week... As for trps being high during Yash's anger..Well there was a lot of curiosity too in that track. We didnt know what Yash would do next, we didnt know why he is SO mad? And then the story entwined beautifully with present and past,which increased the curiosity.So audience kept watching to find out what he would do, and why is he so angry,as no one had any clue.

In case of Aarti's lie there is no curiosity element. We know what she is hiding and why...We know that she would keep hiding till BMT is over...Only curiosity element is AFTER the truth is revealed. How would everyone react when truth comes out. Audience is intelligent and got the gist that Aarti is going to continue hiding the truth. SO didnt bother to watch how many lies she cooks up for this purposeπŸ˜†
Also difficult to connect with her as her reactions are not consistent. One minute she is all guilty, and next minute she is gleeing and teasing Yash as if she does not have a care in the world...Just imagine would audience have accepted in Yash was shouting one moment and then wooing Aarti with a bouquet next moment,and it continued for 2 months.
ashGC_arja thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
@Jyo, Indu di, Samana, Shobs   Agree to all ur points regarding the TRP thing... Its time for PV take the routine route to garner some TRPs... though its a very different kind from the start people always want their heroines to suffer and their heroes to be the superheroes saving them from any sort of problemπŸ˜†... Also i feel Yash should now become that strong male protagonist who support and protects his wife and children rather than speaking out his heart to anyone and everyone. Hope this week shows Prashant's intentions clearly whether he is grey or totally negative.

@Samana  Welcome homeπŸ€—. That was a good point bought out... general audiences always have that liking towards routine story lines where in the heroines make no wrong... but i am proud that CVs took this line of showing that females too at times go wrong.

@All Merry X MasπŸ˜ƒπŸ€—
Samanalyse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: jyoti06

@Samana : Sighh people live in a fairytale world still .. need a mills and boons hero as saviour for the tortured heroine ... PV got to apply same formula for sometime t oget lost trps back .. make Yash the typical macho angry young man hero saving the damsel in distress Aarti from the devil Prashant and u will hv trps pouring in πŸ€”πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Exactly Jyo. And even better if the Dubeys had done the BMT without Aarti's knowledge and then Yash had blamed her for it, making Aarti cry and cry and cry until someone proved her innocence... JACKPOT! And then Yash finding out and shouting at the Dubeys that nobody messes with his wife [except him, as implied by his previous, aggressive behaviour].

@Kirthi: I know that a consistently grey Prashant would have been good for the numbers, but I can't help but prefer it this way. The TRPs are going to come back anyway once Yash and Aarti's love story starts in earnest with the lie out of the way, so after mulling it over, I am happy. And I like this idea of PV as the righteous rebel, way ahead of its time! πŸ˜‰
Zetter thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@Samana: Fabulous post πŸ‘ πŸ‘...ITA most ppl are still hoping to see a fairytale romance between AarYa but what they fail to understand is that this is there second marriage and they came into it with plenty of baggages...Maybe they can't wrap their mind around that the hero can be sometime a damsel in distress or that the heroine isn't always gonna do the right thing she will lie to her husband for my parents' sake. 

And like you said it was a big risk that the CVs took when Aarti allowed Ansh to go through with the BMT without consulting Yash but I trust Mittals and will be with them til the end πŸ˜‰

@Jyo: Another great two points...Yes we need more spoil promos and the kids need to be more on our screen, fingers crossed that they get a track soon.

Have fun with family tonight Dear see tomorrow πŸ€—

@Indu: My pleasure Love! yup Goofy is too cute love xox Yup gotta multitask or else I won't get anything done πŸ˜‰
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

@Ash:  I really hope PV does not take the "routine route" as you put it!!  πŸ˜†   I want it to keep to the one kind of a track, not usually shown, but let them not drag the tracks so that the general viewer also remains interested...that way, they can change the taste of the audience and have the "different type" of a show become a success!

I have been happy with most of the PV...Yash's naive nature, Aarti's lies and Prashant's not so white, not so black look...but I still feel that it dragged too much...but then I had the DC to read and dissect in!

What irritated me most was Paridhi's case (it was totally filmy and went too fast all of a sudden) and the lack of interaction with the kids, especially the girls being pushed to the back!
SecretKhabri420 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 9
Zee TV is getting new shows, so it's SP, so it's highly time for Punar Vivah makers to wake up, coz whatever they are showing now is called dragging and many viewers lose interest very fast...

ashGC_arja thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Samanalyse

Exactly Jyo. And even better if the Dubeys had done the BMT without Aarti's knowledge and then Yash had blamed her for it, making Aarti cry and cry and cry until someone proved her innocence... JACKPOT! And then Yash finding out and shouting at the Dubeys that nobody messes with his wife [except him, as implied by his previous, aggressive behaviour].

@Kirthi: I know that a consistently grey Prashant would have been good for the numbers, but I can't help but prefer it this way. The TRPs are going to come back anyway once Yash and Aarti's love story starts in earnest with the lie out of the way, so after mulling it over, I am happy. And I like this idea of PV as the righteous rebel, way ahead of its time! πŸ˜‰

@Bold... well saidπŸ‘πŸΌ... PV has been quite the different in the family saga line... Usually it would be leads getting married at 100th episode, consummating at 200th episode and then introducing tracks from there on with the original story line lost in the middle...  CVs have always been taking their own time in opening up slowly but very steadily...

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@Angel
Wonderful storyline and captions for the batman saga.
@Jyo
You raise pertinent points about the reasons for the trp debacle
@Samana
I agree with you about the characterization of Arati as a person hiding a secret from her husband, which does not go down well with mainstream audiences.

On a related point, I have always said that Arati's secret about being a divorcee was shown by the creatives to be really the main plot. I am not saying that it is the main plot, but the Cvs depicted it as the main plot, and dragged on Arati's complicity in a manner that might have frustrated the viewers. I think the Indian viewership can appreciate the concept of majburi, or helplessness, where the protagonist is caught in a difficult situation, and has to walk a fine balance to manage the situation. That is how, Arati,s situation started out, but it soon deteriorated to downright dishonesty and lying, which as Samana pointed out, does not go well with the audience, not only because it is difficult for them to accept a woman in this kind of a role, but also because a plot that is openly based on the lead character,s dishonesty tends to bring things to the surface that everyone has a tendency to hide, for whatever reason. Unless one is extremely honest withh oneself and also introspective, it is not easy to constantly be reminded of things within ones own subconscious that one is either unable or unwilling to confront. Therefore, the dragging plot , beyond the point of endurance of the viewers, in the form of a constant reminder of how things hidden beneath the surface can affect relationships might have been a put off. 

Now that the truth is out, the CVs can explore many nuanced angles and aspects in the punar vivah theme even after the truth was out
ashGC_arja thumbnail
@Shobs  i literally did not mean the routine route... Nah...πŸ˜†... i do want PV to be one among the 100s. What I want is Yash to be little stronger shedding his naive nature a little so that the story speeds up... the dragging has been a little too much for now but still because we have DC we dont knowπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†. I quite like the way the show has been presented but for TRPs sake i feel the pace should go a little faster as also the characters should be a defined clearly. esp. PrashantπŸ˜•...