Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan

Impressions Dec21: A family Affair-updtd

sunshine99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mili27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Yet another brilliant piece of work. 

Nice to see the pace picking up. I agree with you that there was no trace of poignancy in Gauri's demeanour as she sat for the ceremony. What about insisting that mother be there at least for this ritual as the wedding would be taking place so far away. Slight shallowness of the character or slip by the Cvs. Can't say.

After watching the episode, I was struck by an off beat idea, which I am sharing with my friends here.

After knowing the true colours of Appa Saheb, Gauri will be left with limited options. As Mrs Siddharth Kapoor, she will not have the social approval to keep on staying at Bhonsle Wadi. Both Prateeksha and Sumitra have harped on the angle that a daughter's real home is her marital home.

Can she stay back as Gauri Bhonsle? Not possible as Appa Saheb will never allow that.

Then is there any other way wherein Gauri can find a legitimate way to stay back at Kolhapur while at the same time be beyond Appa's reach. Is this how she will choose to be Mrs Garv Shinde????

Two dialogues are coming to my mind. One spoken by Sumitra when she told Gauri that from here on let all decisions be yours and then Sid's declaration that whatever decision you take, I will always support you.

Interesting to note that none of the Bhonsle's are happily married except Ashwini and Pratap.

Have a good day everyone!

sunshine99 thumbnail
[QUOTE=Mili27]Yet another brilliant piece of work. 

Nice to see the pace picking up. I agree with you that there was no trace of poignancy in Gauri's demeanour as she sat for the ceremony. What about insisting that mother be there at least for this ritual as the wedding would be taking place so far away. Slight shallowness of the character or slip by the Cvs. Can't say.

After watching the episode, I was struck by an off beat idea, which I am sharing with my friends here.

After knowing the true colours of Appa Saheb, Gauri will be left with limited options. As Mrs Siddharth Kapoor, she will not have the social approval to keep on staying at Bhonsle Wadi. Both Prateeksha and Sumitra have harped on the angle that a daughter's real home is her marital home.

Can she stay back as Gauri Bhonsle? Not possible as Appa Saheb will never allow that.

Then is there any other way wherein Gauri can find a legitimate way to stay back at Kolhapur while at the same time be beyond Appa's reach. Is this how she will choose to be Mrs Garv Shinde????

Two dialogues are coming to my mind. One spoken by Sumitra when she told Gauri that from here on let all decisions be yours and then Sid's declaration that whatever decision you take, I will always support you.

Interesting to note that none of the Bhonsle's are happily married except Ashwini and Pratap.

Wishing you a lovely weekend too..πŸ˜ƒ
You are bang on. Gauri should have asked for the presence of her mom.. The sequence came as a disconnect from Gauri because she is supposed to make use of very opportunity to be close to her mother. 

I loved out the sequence you laid out ..but I think it is not a probability that will happen soon.. Gauri is narrating the event of 24 days which started a day before her engagement.. I guess in the khamoshiyaan timeline we have not crossed more than 9-10 days...hence she might go missing( due to garv/ appa )or by hr self(aided by Sid or some one). If Garv and Gauri are married then the need for Sid in kolhapur ends and neither there is a scope for a love triangle..
Mili27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunshine99

I need to declare my ignorance. This bit about the narrative comes as a shocker. I am still under the impression that Gauri Bhonsle missing was merely a teaser. In that promo, it was mentioned that Gauri was seen in the airport. The follow up was that she was rumoured to be in Kolhapur. Now if she goes missing, Appa Saheb would become the main suspect.

Excuse my cynicism but I really have scant faith on the promotional write ups. In my personal opinion, this story cannot lead to be love triangle. Gauri's spoken for status is well known. In such a scenario, Garv falling for her would be impractical and very loser - like and Garv does not seem to be so. He is apparently a pragmatic and am ambitious young man.

Logically speaking (I know we err by doing so), Sid cannot be shown to be staying back at Kolhapur for a long time. I presume he has business back home and also a family.

Whatever, it is fun to know that all of us will be together to enjoy and analyse the unexpected or expected twists and turns.

anurao.66 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Koel, you are outstanding as usual. I loved the poem and the way you described the various dynamics in the Bhosle household.

In the pursuit of power people can be very ruthless it has been proved time and again . So Appa Shahib follows the same path on the say so of Guruma. Well I really don't believe in it personally so let us see if she truly is a Grahan in his political life.

As you described  I think he is ruthless enough to use Prateeksha who lost her husband as a tool to keep Gauri away from him. He went further to feed upon her fears and kept her confined to one room for so many years. But is this the real raaz I have no idea.

I loved the way Prateeksha was seeing the whole ceremony from top and was so delighted. It was really touching. I wish Gauri would have asked Appa Shahib to ask her mother to be present in the ceremony. But that was not to happen. I am actually waiting for the Garv and Gauri confrontation.

Then maybe the true Gauri will emerge and be a force to reckon with. Maybe then she will be an impediment to his great ambitions

Anu 

Edited by anurao.66 - 11 years ago
anurao.66 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mili27

Yet another brilliant piece of work. 

Milli,

If I am permitted to call you that since I dont know your name I loved the fantastic points you pointed out. Gauri should have insisted on her mother being present in the ceremony. It is one ceremony she is participating in and if she loves her mother so much she should have asked for her. But Gauri's character is still a mystery to me.

Milli I doubt she will be Garv Shindhe because then Sid as the male lead will have no story. I have a strong feeling like the promos she will go missing maybe with the help of Sid and  Garv. Let us see how the story unfolds
Have a happy weekend.
Anu

Mili27 thumbnail
I am Sharmila.

Watching a couple of shows is injurious to one's metal health. Look at me, I have started to think in cliches.

Sid is the male lead. May be just the way Salman Khan was the lead of Hum Dil De ...
I do spot the similarities here. His coming was a whiff of fresh air.His being loved by the family members. The cultural differences providing the lighter moments.etc etc

Indian shows, unfortunately are woven around formulas. Sid and Gauri's marriage would be bereft of the obstacles, the thorn laden path, the love/hate relation, will they or should they consummate now moments which form the lifelines of most Indian shows.

I am willing to be pleasantly surprised if the makers choose to show Sid and Gauri leading a happily ever after life with each other and fighting their battles together. 
sunshine99 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mili27

I have to agree that promotional aspect of a show,it's initial storyline goes for a toss in Indian soaps mid way. The viewers remember it but not the writers and the directorsπŸ˜†.  

The show started with Gauri narrating the reason why she was suddenly out of sight to a news channel.. I guess we are currently on the path to know why so...They are sticking with their original plot line as of now. hence it is still taut and refreshing.

Garv will eventually fall for Ms. Bhonsle  it can be one sided but it is evident if he is to be the parallel lead.He will not be a looser if he manages to marry Gauri hypothetically speaking because he then gets into Appa's family to create more problems for him.As he will be in the thick of things and be in a position to hit at Appa where it hurts most.πŸ˜‰

Logic and Hindi soaps  are sworn enemies.. They can never co-exist. So Sid will be a permanent resident of Kolhapur His and Gauri's family will come down from Uk to be with their kids.Winding up the UK affair and the story happily continues in India. All it would need is an emotional dialogue from the parents they can do anything for their children's happiness and relocation is done within secs without hiccups.πŸ˜›

Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ah Koel, beautiful portrayal of the Bhonsle family...

Agree with you, it did look like AS was feeling guilty when he heard the song. Sid looked shocked to me... about what?? that lullaby's exist? that Prateeksha knows one? that Gauri wanted to hear it? or that Gauri was falling asleep to one? - your guess is as good as mine πŸ˜†

As others in this thread pointed out, it was shocking that Gauri was so casually participating in the ceremony - its weird that she did not want Prateeksha there.

So here is the real reason that Gauri was sent away - her being around AS meant his fortunes took a tumble. What a cold hearted and selfish man. Looks like the rest of the family believed the Prateeksha is unlucky line. 

Precap had Garv make his move. Interesting times ahead. 

tintin0602 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
well guys have put such fab points that i dont have much to say. but ya i liked the loori session n sid's dhoti session. now lets see what turn it will take in the future. but m enjoying it.