Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mili27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Simply loving the various views I get to read on this thread.

I may be generalising but I have observed that in the context of Indian shows strong, good characters are non existent oxymorons. Good characters have this knack of becoming martyrs or simply deified by the CVs. The grey or the dark characters grow from strength to strength. Sid is good and I pray he remains a mere mortal not elevated as a sacrificing, understanding 'devata'. That would be a tragic cliche.
anurao.66 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Milli,

Most of the shows who have good stories are not liked by the viewing audience and when the TRP's fall then the makers are forced to tow the same saas bahu dramas. They make changes in scripts and the shows take a beating.

Most of the Indians still want to watch the Saas Bahu dramas. When their  viewing choice changes only then will there be any change in the Indian Television Shows.

Anu
Edited by anurao.66 - 11 years ago
sunshine99 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hi Milli , Anu,
Indian soaps on  popular channels are like mainstream Hindi movies more of the potboiler style.. Where the heroine is the padhi likhi but gharelu expert who would give kanta bai / shanta bai a run for their money... Would do everything for her sasuralwala family including taking bullets,jail trips, managing the other women, adulterous affairs... You name a sacrifice and she in ready to do it...the Devi needs a devta who  after staying with her is forced to become one... There is no other way to escape the Devi touch for the Telly husbands...😛 Somewhere all the real mother-in-laws dream of such pretty pitiable  bahus and all the young girls drool on the gorgeous devta pati/ fiance...who look like a made to order gift to women..😆 No one wants the real  slice of life  just the dreamy world where mothers / mother-in- laws are no older than the daughters& bahus they portray... Devta patis are just props like barbie's Ken and the bahuriyas don't say enough is enough I am a human not a porcelain doll or a bonded slave that has to take in every insult that comes my way and  weep using gallons of glycerine...

We have the arty cinema type  programs too like reality shows which focus on crime nothing beyond...

The world of candyfloss is a breather from 24/7 harsh truths of life so we will have fantasy stories with even fantastical plots .Some will be well told with sprinkling of logic which would interest us and for the rest we are just passive viewers taking in the lovely dresses,set decor, mushy romance,good looking people ,little doses of  supercilious pain which are rectified without leaving lasting impressions...And the hunky dory world of TV celluloid continues...
Edited by sunshine99 - 11 years ago
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Koel, nice description of the state of Indian TV shows ðŸ˜ƒ
sunshine99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: slmu

Koel, nice description of the state of Indian TV shows ðŸ˜ƒ

Good morning Shanthi😃...Thank u..Hw was Hobbit? Did the little one enjoy?...kaun pass kaun fail ..aaj dekhenge trp Maiyya ka khel😆
Peace67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sunshine99

Good morning Shanthi😃...Thank u..Hw was Hobbit? Did the little one enjoy?...kaun pass kaun fail ..aaj dekhenge trp Maiyya ka khel😆

The Hobbit was good, though I like the story for Lord of the Rings better.  My not so little daughter enjoyed it thoroughly.

TRPs are out today are they... interesting times.
sunshine99 thumbnail
Latest promo of khamoshiyaan
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZpHMgyZZjo&list=UUVlkpP0plM3S0npC2rBxdAw&index=17[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by sunshine99 - 11 years ago
sunshine99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: slmu

The Hobbit was good, though I like the story for Lord of the Rings better.  My not so little daughter enjoyed it thoroughly.

TRPs are out today are they... interesting times.

As per the article pallo posted they were supposed to be out today.. Ido not know if there has been a further change of schedule... children grow up so fast😳 I wish they could stay sweet little ones for ever.. glad she enjoyed the movie..
riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sunshine99

Latest promo of khamoshiyaan
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZpHMgyZZjo&list=UUVlkpP0plM3S0npC2rBxdAw&index=17[/YOUTUBE]

10q I'm looking high n low for this... Never happen in previous show ðŸ˜†
sunshine99 thumbnail

Originally posted by: riyya6

10q I'm looking high n low for this... Never happen in previous show ðŸ˜†

no I posted the promo on the forum so I did the honours😆... will post the promos on the thread when I find them😊