Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

TB on Delhi rape: Rupal Patel's views - Page 2

Chaccha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I won't spend time cursing those dirt bags who deserve to be T-bagged over and over, but I do think we should question whether the laws against rape are effective because even with our laws, rape is still a common occurrence.  

Other publicized cases--like Shiney Ahujas--have increased awareness, but now, we're focusing on "not getting raped" instead of "not raping." If we ask women what they do to prevent rape, they'll give you ten reasons---park in well lit areas, have keys in hand, have a buddy etc etc. If you ask men the same question, they won't have an answer. It shows the discrepancy in thought processes of both genders.

There is no sure shot solution to this issue, but I think we can definitely start at the "isms" (sexism, ageism, racism etc) that create differences in the first place.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yhm_craze thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Chaccha

I won't spend time cursing those dirt bags whodeserve to be T-bagged over and over, but I do thinkwe should question whether the laws against rape are effective becauseeven with our laws, rape is still a common occurrence.

Otherpublicized cases--like Shiney Ahujas--have increased awareness, but now, we're focusing on "not getting raped" instead of "not raping."If we ask women what they do to prevent rape, they'll give you ten reasons---park in well lit areas, have keys in hand, have a buddy etc etc. If you ask men the same question, they won't have an answer. It shows the discrepancy in thought processes of both genders.

There is no sure shot solution to this issue, but I think we can definitely start at the "isms" (sexism, ageism, racism etc) thatcreate differences in the first place.

you have hit the nail on the head Rachna!even now the authorities are advising women not to step out late at night,you see comments being passed about the kind of clothes women should or should not wear 😡 ..excuse me!so if she is not wearing the kind of clothes these people approve of does it mean she is asking to be raped? how do they then justify so many cases of children being raped?! 😡
ani_gr thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Their life should be made miserable... really...😡😡..
The biggest problem in India is there is no law...😡.. people do anything and get away with it.. As Harini said many go unnoticed.. Where they notice, it takes for ever for them to find and punish those idiots...
Chaccha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dipsy80

you have hit the nail on the head Rachna!even now the authorities are advising women not to step out late at night,you see comments being passed about the kind of clothes women should or should not wear 😡 ..excuse me!so if she is not wearing the kind of clothes these people approve of does it mean she is asking to be raped? how do they then justify so many cases of children being raped?! 😡

Victimization! Gosh, whoever is saying these things clearly is barking up the wrong tree. Who wants to be raped? 😲 Get me a person who says he or she wants to be raped, then perhaps I might try to understand. I can't stand it when authorities blame victims for wearing too little or "asking for it."

There is Denim Day where I live and basically, it started from a judge's ruling in a rape case. The judge ruled that the raped victim couldn't have been raped because on the day of the incident, she was wearing blue jeans which couldn't have been removed unless she unbuttoned it herself, thereby giving the rapist, her consent and that would mean, the case wasn't a rape case at all. 🤬🤢 

Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
This issue and what happened to the poor girl has troubled me for days now.  Not just the crime itself but the reaction of the bystanders who came across the injured, the police, who allowed the bus to go through a number of checkpoints and the politicians, especially the women mps who do absolutely nothing for victims per se and then cry crocodile tears.  This was a hate crime at its most heinous.  Nothing to do with her mode of dress, location or the way she looked.  

As for the attackers?  The death sentence is to lenient for them.  I would prefer that they wore suppositories made of ground up green chillies for every day of their sorry lives. And that is just for starters.   Am I angry?  You bet! 
singhkir89 thumbnail
The indian government and some indians believe that rape can be prevented by telling a woman what not to wear, what time she should out, and who she should be friends with. Are you kidding me? Is that the best solution the govt. has? Why is this "solution" only catered to women? Hell, indian women have enough problems being judged by the society, they don't even have a choice to wear the clothes they want cuz it attracts negative attention? What, are they going to ban women from wearing sarees? Cuz sarees show some skin.. Why don't they focus on the males? Do people not realize that sexual abuse and murder depend on the persons STATE OF MIND!
Oishiii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
TFS...
 AND TOTALLY AGREE WITH RUPAL. 
PRINCESS_ALISHA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
God give them severe punishment.
janani18 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
horrrible.. agree with rupal...
tfs..
DEEPZzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Such a horroible thing i was watching the protests on tv today as i didn't go to work resting up from a cold but the questions during the interview with the two girls and the police some of the things the girls were asking were good and the answers lets say were ðŸ˜• but i was reading the bottom of the news report lots people were proud to know anyone marching in these protests.. i hope the girl gets justice.